Officially saying Hi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debibu

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've kinda been around here for a while, but mostly as a non-posting lurker, like I do on most forums. I'm 30 and from Australia.

After finding someone at work who's also into tamas and really enjoying connecting over them, I realised maybe I'd actually enjoy joining in on conversations here, too!

I got started with the Ps and other color tamas, but am moving into the older ones now, too (I blame YouTube). Outside of tamas, I'm an avid gamer and reader, but don't have time for anything else because I'm at university as well as working full-time! :p

I'm currently running a Ps, the Sanrio M!x, an english 20th Anniversary mini, and a Gudetama nano.

Hello, fellow academic and Tamagotchi parent! :D You're lucky to have someone at work to talk Tamas with - most of the folks I share grad office space with think I'm mildly insane for toting my vPet study buddies to school.

I'm doing a PhD right now, so I know the struggle of balancing school with entertainment. Tamas are great because they're so portable and don't need the long period of constant attention that sitting down and playing a game or reading a book demands. Speaking of that, though, what games do you like to play? I'm a Souls series fanatic, though they require SO much time to complete because of their difficulty....

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :D

Also glad to see I'm not the only one learning to juggle work/uni/tamas! Right now I'm doing a grad program to gain entry to a Masters course, and it's starting to hit me that if I get into the Masters course, this will be my life for quite a while! :eek:

Hello, fellow academic and Tamagotchi parent! :D You're lucky to have someone at work to talk Tamas with - most of the folks I share grad office space with think I'm mildly insane for toting my vPet study buddies to school.

I'm doing a PhD right now, so I know the struggle of balancing school with entertainment. Tamas are great because they're so portable and don't need the long period of constant attention that sitting down and playing a game or reading a book demands. Speaking of that, though, what games do you like to play? I'm a Souls series fanatic, though they require SO much time to complete because of their difficulty....
I tried playing Dark Souls once... I did not go well! I change my games up a bit, but at the moment I'm enjoying Monster Hunter World - I'm a big fan of the MH series. Given they keep refreshing content, wouldn't be surprised if I play that until the new Tomb Raider game comes out in September.

Can I ask what you're doing your PhD on?

A Masters degree is only two years, and those two years go by incredibly quickly. It consumes your entire life for those two years, sure, but it's a whirlwind. I actually find my PhD much more leisurely....

I'm doing my PhD in plant molecular biology, specifically on a type of gene found in practically every plant on the planet, (OK, probably every plant on the planet). Turns out that this gene, and close variants thereof, makes a very specific type of chemical that's enough to make any herbivorous insect want to run for the hills.

What are you studying? :)

And I love Monster Hunter too! Don't have MH World yet, but I've been playing Monster Hunter Generations for an eternity. I want to play MH World so bad, but I'm currently PS4-less and my desktop gave up the ghost recently. The struggle...

I'm doing my studies part time due to full time work, so 2 years becomes 4 years... *sigh*

Your PhD sounds really cool - totally guessing here, since biological science isn't my area, but I'm assuming this has applications in ecologically friendly pest control? Kinda wish I did a hard science. I'm currently a social sciences student (I apologize now, haha!) - my particular area of interest is criminology with a focus on internet crime and online crime groups, but since I'm doing coursework no time to investigate those interests specifically!

So, I won't rub in how fun MHW is, but let's just say that if you get some considerable down time (say, a couple of weeks), I would totally borrow a PS4 to play it. That would be enough to get through most of the story if you don't constantly repeat hunts like I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back