Oh God...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roar The Tiger

Reaction score
As a fan of Travis Barker. This shocked me.

"A Learjet crashed while departing an airport in Columbia, S.C., killing four passengers and injuring two others including the former drummer of the band Blink-182, FAA spokesman Les Dorr told FOX News.

Preliminary reports indicate that Travis Barker, who was the drummer for the band Blink-182, was one of the two people hurt when the Learjet 60 crashed on a highway and caught fire. The other was a popular disc jockey known as DJ AM. The plane was heading to Van Nuys, Calif.

The National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the crash to determine probable cause.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She said the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Hospital spokeswoman Beth Frits says Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Federal officials say two crew members and two passengers have been killed.

Bergen didn't have the names of those killed and didn't know the conditions of the injured.

Barker and Goldstein, who perform together under the name TRVSDJ-AM, played a free concert in Columbia's college neighborhood Friday night.

"It's absolutely terrible and tragic," Columbia Mayor Bob Coble said.

A representative for Barker and DJ AM said she had no information the crash.

Blink-182, which had hits including "What's My Age Again?", broke up in 2005.

After Blink 182, Barker went on to form the rock band (+44) — pronounced "plus forty-four." He starred in the MTV reality series "Meet the Barkers" with former Miss USA Shanna Moakler, to whom he was married at the time. The show documented the former couple's lavish wedding and life.

Goldstein at one time was engaged to celebrity Nicole Richie.

The Associated Press contributed to this report."

I wasn't accusing you. =3 I was stating what I thought, because I've seen a bunch of people say "OMG, POOR HIM!" and totally forget the fact that he wasn't alone on the plane.

"Tragic Twist In Jet Crash -- Why They Flew

Travis Barker's assistant wanted to get home in time for his pregnant wife to give birth.

We've now learned why Barker and his friends decided to get on that doomed Learjet in South Carolina late last night, and the explanation can only be described as a horribly cruel twist of fate.

It all started some time yesterday, when Barker's assistant, Chris Baker, told the guys that his wife was going into labor. Barker told him that he would do everything in his power to get Baker back to the hospital in time.

The quickest way back to Van Nuys was that Learjet. We're told Barker usually won't fly on private jets, but made an exception for what was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of Baker's life.

The plane crashed shortly after midnight, killing four people -- including Chris Baker. Baker's wife went into labor early this morning. Baker has another young child as well."

Holy mackerel. I used to be a HUGE Blink-182 fan. I now strongly dislike their music, but nobody deserves to get hurt in a plane crash. When I scanned the first post, I thought Travis was dead. But he survived, which is good.

My regards go out to him and the rest of his family.

"Tragic Twist In Jet Crash -- Why They Flew

Travis Barker's assistant wanted to get home in time for his pregnant wife to give birth.

We've now learned why Barker and his friends decided to get on that doomed Learjet in South Carolina late last night, and the explanation can only be described as a horribly cruel twist of fate.

It all started some time yesterday, when Barker's assistant, Chris Baker, told the guys that his wife was going into labor. Barker told him that he would do everything in his power to get Baker back to the hospital in time.

The quickest way back to Van Nuys was that Learjet. We're told Barker usually won't fly on private jets, but made an exception for what was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of Baker's life.

The plane crashed shortly after midnight, killing four people -- including Chris Baker. Baker's wife went into labor early this morning. Baker has another young child as well."
That is absolutely devastating. =[

His wife and his kids. :'(

OMG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back