Ohh give me some Color!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

am_praem

Reaction score
Greetings all!

Have been a member for a while now, over a year i think and wanted to make a little post, actully my first!

Well, what can i say, i had lots of tamas since i was a child and got my first one in 1997 i think and had at least about 30 of them growing up *LOL* Still a fan though i am 24 now!

So just got the tama-go and that is nice, thought i must admit i really am jalouse over the the Color ones, I SO So so so much would LOVE to have a tamagotchi with color! Such a shame they are only in japanease!

So i was wondering, anyone knows if they are comming to US or Europe (I am from Denmark) and purchase my tamas on sites like Ebay as none of the really good ones are out here!

So what do you guys think, any chance of we will get a tama color in english, or maybe they keep the good ones to them selfes :furawatchi:

Have a nice day! Best regards Anne :furawatchi:

Bandai have said that the colour Tamagotchis were to be a Japan-exclusive release, and that they have no plans to release them elsewhere.

I think they made the Tama-Go to try and appease us, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they made the Tama-Go to try and appease us, lol!
it worked for me!

anyway I have heard that the color was verry easy to figure out. they were sold in sores in a few other regions but they were all in Japanese

Ohh yeah so i heard, but it is really a shame, i think they would sell pretty good. I heard many places that it wont come out in english, but i also found this site, so im not so sure!https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/about/busi.../toyshobby.html

Good evening tama folks :)
I think it would be optimistic to read too much into that business strategy / "mission statement".

I think the wording suggests that in other markets they will introduce new products that were not previously launched first in Japan.

We already know that Bandai have plans to discontinue the distribution of tamagotchis in the UK: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=170718 - I don't know how this affects other European markets, but it seems unlikely that there will ever be an English version of the Colour in this part of the world ;)

On the other hand, if the remaining Asian, American and Australsian markets remain strong for Bandai, you never know... maybe one day you'll be able to buy an English language color from somewhere overseas (but don't get your hopes up - there was never an English language Mothra / Morino - even tho other tamas got English language versions) :p

Yeah you might be right. I do not really understand why they only make the color ones in japanease. Maybe they dont sell as good in other countries as there. Must admit though i really hope we will get them here too or at least in US so it can be bought online and shipped as the tama-go.

I am thinking about i might have to buy it in japanease but i would be really dissapointed getting one and dont understand much or do something wrong because i cant read it. Well it is also more fun when you do get the words and fun parts. :)

Even though they are in Japanese, they aren't difficult to figure out. I have a Color and an iD, and haven't had any trouble at all.

tamagotchis in color look so cool!Since the v7 Tama go just came out.....i dono maybe the v8 will be an english color tamagotchi?

I am sure that eventually there will be an english tamagotchi in color, even if Bandai doesn't I am sure other companies will make it. :D

I am sure that eventually there will be an english tamagotchi in color,  even if Bandai doesn't I am sure other companies will make it.  :D
It wouldn't be called a Tamagotchi, in that case. :D Even it did come out via a different company, I'm not sure I'd buy it.

I'm just really glad the Japanese-exclusive Tamagotchis are available online. I have a TMGC+C as well, in addition to a lot of the Japanese vintage Tamagotchis, and it's just like everyone says: if you're already familiar with the game play of one Tamagotchi, you'll have no problem picking up any Tamagotchi, regardless of language. Oh, and you're right. There really isn't much of a market here for the color Tamagotchis. Most people aren't willing to shell out $50-70 for a Tamagotchi like the Japanese market would.

It wouldn't be called a Tamagotchi, in that case. ;) Even it did come out via a different company, I'm not sure I'd buy it.
I'm just really glad the Japanese-exclusive Tamagotchis are available online. I have a TMGC+C as well, in addition to a lot of the Japanese vintage Tamagotchis, and it's just like everyone says: if you're already familiar with the game play of one Tamagotchi, you'll have no problem picking up any Tamagotchi, regardless of language. Oh, and you're right. There really isn't much of a market here for the color Tamagotchis. Most people aren't willing to shell out $50-70 for a Tamagotchi like the Japanese market would.
Yeah, Japanese tamagotchis aren’t that hard to figure out. If you have a general knowledge of how to work an English tamagotchi, the Japanese ones aren’t too hard at all. Plus you play around with it and understand it. And TamaTalk has great resources and guides to using Japanese tamagotchis. I’ve got lots of Japanese tamagotchis and I’ve never had any issues either.

A lack english Tamagotchi colour is disappointing and it is very unlikely unfortunately. :D

Like TamaMum said, the Mothra and Morino never made it to an english version. Same with the Mesu/Osu pair. Plus, the Angelgotchi / Tamagotchi Angel never made it Australia (which is where I live), even though there was an English version released in America. It’s a shame really. At least we can buy online though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back