OK, I need a little advice

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchis_rock13579

Reaction score
My friend of 4 years is moving from here (Massachusetts) to Tennessee. I was invited to her going-away party, which is in a little less than 2 weeks. But on the same day as the party is a soccer tournament on the other side of the state for my little sister. My dad says I have to go to the soccer tournament, but my friend whose moving away is one of my best friends! I've tried convincing my dad to let me stay home alone overnight (my mom will be in Florida that weekend as my cousin is graduating high school) or at a friend's, but he wouldn't let me.

Can you good folks please give me some advice?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Alyssa

Well I think you tried your best with your father, and he probably has many good reasons not wanting you to be on your own at home, and is just wanting you to be safe. At this point you shouldn't keep asking your dad about this. It could just aggravate him.

You will have to explain to your friend the situation and maybe if this going away party is a week or so before the move, perhaps you and her can arrange a special last minute going away party just for you guys after the tournament.

This way you get some last minute one-on-one time with your friend (as well as go to the tournment) and maybe you guys can exchange things so you have somethign of hers to hold onto. I did that once with my first ever male best friend back when I was only in grade 2. He was moving away and I gave him a couple of my favourite toys from our garage we used to play with all the time, and he gave me a HUGE thing of bubble liquid with a HUGE wand XD!!! It was awesome. He definitely left a mark on my childhood :ichigotchi: But I honestly forgot where he moved to though, it's been so long. Maybe someday we'll meet up again *shrugs*

Anyway I always think one on one time with your friend before they go would be the wisest move. Just run this idea by them along with your situation and I think they'll like that too. Hope that helps!

Well I think you tried your best with your father, and he probably has many good reasons not wanting you to be on your own at home, and is just wanting you to be safe. At this point you shouldn't keep asking your dad about this. It could just aggravate him.
You will have to explain to your friend the situation and maybe if this going away party is a week or so before the move, perhaps you and her can arrange a special last minute going away party just for you guys after the tournament.

This way you get some last minute one-on-one time with your friend (as well as go to the tournment) and maybe you guys can exchange things so you have somethign of hers to hold onto. I did that once with my first ever male best friend back when I was only in grade 2. He was moving away and I gave him a couple of my favourite toys from our garage we used to play with all the time, and he gave me a HUGE thing of bubble liquid with a HUGE wand XD!!! It was awesome. He definitely left a mark on my childhood :ph34r: But I honestly forgot where he moved to though, it's been so long. Maybe someday we'll meet up again *shrugs*

Anyway I always think one on one time with your friend before they go would be the wisest move. Just run this idea by them along with your situation and I think they'll like that too. Hope that helps!
Hmm that does sound good, thank you.

Well, don't try to beg more and more. He'll just get mad at you. I suggest that you just go and set up something where you guys can just meet somewhere, say your last goodbyes. Make sure you have her cell phone number, and she has yours. If she has instant messenger and you do, that'd be a great way to communicate, especially if you have a webcam. Also, e-mail is a good way. You could also just mail each other with the mail system. ;)

Anyways, I suggest you give her a good-bye gift. You probably won't be able to take her to the tournament. I really feel sorry for you. I've had a long time friend move away, and I know how it's like.

I personally think going to your friends going away party is more important.

Find another friend that's going and ask to stay at their house. I'm sure you can find some one.

Or you can explain the situation.. your sister will have many more soccer tournaments in the future. This is your last chance to see your friemd.. and you should use it.

Be sure to stay connected and trade E-mail, phone numbers, ect.

I would reccommend you to change the date of this party!

If you can't change the date of the party, though, and you don't have a party, I would reccommend that you do something timeless with your buddy. Make a time capsule, watch a movie together, heck, go eat some ice cream together! It doesn't have to be fancy..just something you will cherish forever.

Love (and good luck :( ) ,

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back