Old fan wanting to catch up

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forum.

I was an old fan of Tamagotchis (P1) when I was a little girl. I didn't know Bandai made new versions. Now I want to start collecting again.

I bought this Tamagotchi on eBay yesterday:

$(KGrHqJHJBYE-hJ+FSMgBPvw8Wec-!~~60_35.JPG

Could you please tell me more about this version? It is in Japanese and I would love to find a guide for it.

I was also wondering which version to buy next. I am thinking about the Tama-Go. Which version is your favorite and why?

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TamaTalk! I'm sorry, but I don't really know anything about that tama. I think it's an Ura Tamagotchi... it looks like a v4.5, my personal favorite, but I don't know how similar they are. I'm not much help there. But I could recommend some stuff. :) A v4.5 is my very favorite. It's not too needy, and the characters are cute, plus it was my very first tamagotchi. I would advise against a Music Star (v6). It's a fun version where you raise your tama to become a rock star. You can pick different instruments and they have different genres, and they can win awards. Yet they are EXTREMELY NEEDY. It has a stress level that you have to try to keep down, which is hard if you're busy. So I wouldn't get a Music Star unless you have a lot of time. I call it my diva tama. :p As for the Tama-Go, I recently bought one myself. I think that it might be a good choice if you are getting back into them. They don't require tons of care, and have a lot of fun games. The only annoying thing about it is the Training. You have to catch your Tamagotchi before it poops, AKA the "Pee-pee wiggle dance". If you do catch it, you earn a training bar. The number of training bars you have contributes to determining the character you will get. Another fun thing about the Tama-Go is that you can purchase figures for it. The figures are different characters that you can connect to your Tama-Go. When you have a figure attached, you can access whatever shop or games the figure has. I hope I helped! :)

There aren't many UraTama-specific guides, since the UraTama is very similar to the model that preceded it, the EnTama. You can probably figure out how to use UraTama functions by looking at these English-language EnTama guides on the web here:

https://www.tamatalk.com/pixelmood/entama.htm

and here:

https://www.tamenagerie.com/Entamainst.html

and here:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=46216

There are a few differences between the EnTama and the UraTama. The characters have changed. Different looks and different names. Compared to their EnTama counter-parts, UraTama characters may have wings, tails, or horns. The "zoku" (groups) have changed, and the GUTS attributes have changed. So now instead of Intelligence, Style, and Kindness, there is Humor, Gorgeous, and Passion GUTS points. Along with this there are new teachers. The Cooking Ingredients have changed. Some of the rare items have changed.

The web site is different. UraTama characters go to UraTama town instead of Tamagotchi Town. Both UraTama and EnTama characters go to the same travel tour locations (Flower Hills, Pachi Forest, etc.). Both web sites are accessed through the e-tamago portal. The web address is in the instruction book.

UraTama can connect to EnTama via infrared. They can exchange gifts (which may get transformed in the process) and they can play games, but they can't mate together.

There is an UraTama character chart here: https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/binary_pics/UraCharactersnamed.png

It depends on your lifestyle and patience.

The Tama Go is a good addition to your collection, but like CheesyNoodleTama said, the training bars have a pretty big impact on your character. I took a break from mine because I was sick of the bad care characters. If you are a busy person, I would not recommend the Tama Go or the Music Star.

What I would recommend, however, is the other Tamagotchis from the Connection series (V1-V5.5). The V1, 2, and 3 are very simple and basic, good for busy lives. The V4-V5.5 are also good as well, but they have a bit more features and almost all of the time, the growth is NOT determined by care and training. The V4 and V4.5 have the option for jobs and school, and the V5 and V5.5 give you the opportunity to raise multiple characters in one pet.

I would also take a look at Japanese Tamagotchis as well. Vintages are generally good if you aren't very busy (although I can't vouch for that, because I haven't any experience with them :p ). Japanese Connections are great as well, and you're on a good start by buying the UraTama. One of the Tamagotchis that I highly recommend, though, is the colour Tamagotchis. They aren't very time consuming, fun, and have lots of features. I'd start with getting an iD L, and then branching out to the other colour versions, such as the +color, iD, and the other iD L editions.

Thank you all for your help. :)

Those guides are a great start, Binary. I am taking Japanese language classes at school, so I'm hoping that will also help me with navigating the Tamagotchi I bought. I can at least read the characters and then I can translate it.

Since I am on summer break, I have a lot of free time. I went ahead and just ordered a Tama-Go.

Can a Japanese Tamagotchi connect with an English Tamagotchi (if their versions are compatible)?

I would love to have an ID-L but it is too pricey for me at the moment.

Unfortunately, no, the Tama-Go and UraTama can't connect. There's a connect-compatibility guide here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/163511-tamagotchi-ultimate-connecting-guide/ To update that guide: The Connection V5 can't connect to any lower version (e.g. V5 can't connect to V4.5). The V5, MusicStar (V6), and Tama-Go can connect to each other. The Japanese color-screen models can't connect to any non-color-screen model.

Thank you all for your help. :)

Those guides are a great start, Binary. I am taking Japanese language classes at school, so I'm hoping that will also help me with navigating the Tamagotchi I bought. I can at least read the characters and then I can translate it.

Since I am on summer break, I have a lot of free time. I went ahead and just ordered a Tama-Go.

Can a Japanese Tamagotchi connect with an English Tamagotchi (if their versions are compatible)?

I would love to have an ID-L but it is too pricey for me at the moment.
I believe V3 and Keitai Akai can connect, correct me if I'm wrong.

I admit that the cuteness of this particular design was a large factor in my purchase. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back