Old Tamagotchis=Pointless

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone collects the old ones - they are so vastly inferior and expensive to find. I collected them for awhile, but I think they kind of suck. They only have one game, and there is no breeding, so what's the point?
The pathetic nature of the programming is half of the fun! Besides, Tamagotchi is the original virtual pet, from back when, when kids could be entertained by a couple of pixels wandering around a tiny screen. The history and humor well makes up for the lack of variation. :puroperatchi:

:puroperatchi: The old tamas like Santaclautch, Angelgotchi, Osu+Mesu, etc. are fantastic but I agree, the P1P2 are useless. They ARE precious, but useless.

I see photos of fat Osu+Mesu and they're so cute and funny! I wish they put it in for V2 or somethin.

There's much more interactivity with you on some of the old ones. Like touch screens and stuff. I don't have any old ones yet, unless I find my old P1/P2 I had when I was little, and an angelgotchi is coming in the mail for me. OLD TAMA MA BE INFERIOR, BUT THEY ARE AWESOME DANGNABBIT!

There's much more interactivity with you on some of the old ones. Like touch screens and stuff. I don't have any old ones yet, unless I find my old P1/P2 I had when I was little, and an angelgotchi is coming in the mail for me. OLD TAMA MA BE INFERIOR, BUT THEY ARE AWESOME DANGNABBIT!
I definetly agree, KouhiiTenshi. This topic insults many of those people that love the ancestor Tamas. Could a Guide please close this???

they're not useless! they had really cool charas (tongaritchi!! :marumimitchi: ) and functions (touch screen!! :chohimetchi: ) P1 and P2 arent useless either. P2 had my fav charas... and I hate Kinakomotchi for ripping tonmarutchi off :puroperatchi:

I dont think that the old tamas are useless or pointless or whatever you called them. they are just....well old. Last year there was a craze over v1 tamagotchis (b4 v2s came out) in my group of friends, and I couldn't get one. I was upset, but it didn't matter becuase my older sisters both used to have the original so i have 2. I eventually got a v2 as a gift from my 1 friend who still liked them after the rest didn't..that one friend is my best friend, So After having an old one about a year while all my friends had v2s and 1s, it did seem kind of pointless. but in the end, after i gto my v2, i had a new respect for old ones. ! old one kept me ok for a year, so they must not be that bad. I agree with all you who say that it is not pointless.

...I never had an original and I probably never will,but I can tell that the originals are special and they sweeped the nation....I only know 9 people in my life who own a tamagotchi of any kind.......I feel like an outcast.....oh,by the way pierre.....you're outnumbered.

well, like darkcore said, if you have the money..

Thats a big IF.

i guess if you dont you should stop thinking about it because its rather obsessive..

thats what i did, unfortunantly..

I have seen aVideo of a 8 year old playing it. He did a lot of stuff with it, But forgot the Link. I agree, they are NOT pointless!!! Whoever said they were pointless, they shouldn't have a Virtual Pet... Whos with me? (I don't think a lot of people will be with me... :ph34r: )

From Pierre, the Topic Starter -

There seems to be a common misconception that I don't have an old tama.

I actually have six different kinds. I'm not bashing Osu/Mesu, because I don't have one,

but to be honest, I just don't see what your argument is at all. Since you have to buy

them off ebay they are like 2 times as expensive, there are FAR less characters, the

games suck, the buttons are unresponsive, the stat screen has to be selected from the bottom, etc.

Seriously, what the heck are you talking about?

Maybe they were cool 10 years ago - MAYBE.

But now there are so many better options out there, that Old Tamas = Pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
And also - this topic insults no one. You have a right to like them, a have a right to dislike them, and anyone who can tell me of a really great old type might just convert me to their side. I am literally asking - What's your argument? so that maybe I will "see the light" and start liking them. I want to like them! I just find them incredibly boring. Maybe I'm just missing something - but that doesn't mean that this should be closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want an angelgotchi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an old one P1 Tama, but i prefer more the new ones (V2 and V3)... but angelgotchi sounds cool... i need one... desperetely :)

Think about the people back then, when those tamagotchis were new. They thought that they were really fun! I don't collect them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back