OMG! *Sighs*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystalized

Reaction score
My hamster escaped her cage while I was sleeping last night. Any tips on finding her? I've looked in most places, but I have been a bit lazy. I'm almost sure she'll turn up, I think she escaped her cage because she was hungry. She finished the last of her food the night before.

Please...help. :p

Ahh... I have experience with hamster escapees.

Leave the cage on the floor open, and I guess put food in it, or leading to it? Then watch it closely. Usually they come back to the cage.

Do you know what room it is in? If you do, close the door to that room and try to keep it shut at all times. If you don't know, keep all the doors closed to keep it from traveling. Put a snack of grapes or something in each room, and wait to see which one gets eaten. A recommended method for luring your hamster to safety is to get a bucket and a pile of books to make a "stairway" leading into the bucket, and set it up in the room. You can line the bucket with a towel if you want, and place some food that your hamster likes in the bucket. The hamster won't be able to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh... I have experience with hamster escapees.  

Leave the cage on the floor open, and I guess put food in it, or leading to it? Then watch it closely. Usually they come back to the cage.
Yeah, I did that Shell!! Thanks. :D

I hear in the wall near my computer...GREAT. :angry:

That happened to my cousin once. If you haven't found it yet, check the air ducts/vents, that's where they found theirs.

My hamster some how escaped too, but a long time ago, but I found him. :)

Hamsters can be found in outragous places. My hammy,Mozart, was first found behind the cat's litter box...Eatting cat food o_O

The next day, he escaped again :) . This time his was behind my dresser... -___-

But the cage wasn't open...I still wonder how though.

I may be wrong, but maybe(-Maybe-) she was hungry/thristy,possibly bored...

Does your hamster have:

Exercise Wheel

Toilet paper roll(Not recommended for fat or big hamsters. I swear, it isn't funny, that happened to Mozart...=( )

Food bowl stocked with food(I don't mean fill it everyday...)

Clean Cage(Don't clean it everyday.)

Fresh Water in water dish/waterbottle

Fresh Air

Good food(Not the Masuri/Mazuri© Brand pellets.. Hamsters don't eat them alot and are more of a treat, not as food. Good food with dried carrots,pea flakes,dried peas,grains,etc,.)

Where do you keep your hamster? Do you keep his/her cage on the floor? If so, they have a HIGHER chance to escape than hamsters in cages on kitchen counters or tables,etc,.What kind of cage does your hamster have? Do it have a plastic cage that has a built in wheel/ball?Does it have tubes? Or is it the bar cage?

My hamsters' escaped once. I had them on a shelf though, so they never jumped off. I was lucky.

Everyone has suggested what I would. If its in the walls, what you have to do is go to the attic, or the basement and start leading food to were the cage is. Or what you do, is get a new cage. My hamsters who espaced died, but I have mine in a 10 gallon aquarium and it has wire on top. I'll take a pic later.

My hamsters' escaped once. I had them on a shelf though, so they never jumped off. I was lucky. 

Everyone has suggested what I would. If its in the walls, what you have to do is go to the attic, or the basement and start leading food to were the cage is. Or what you do, is get a new cage. My hamsters who espaced died, but I have mine in a 10 gallon aquarium and it has wire on top. I'll take a pic later.
I,personally, don't like those cages, but its your pet, I don't wanna control your life. :) But Its also what you can afford, I cannot afford those hamster cages with the tubes(I can't have them anyway,my hammy will get stuck...),built in wheel,built in ball..I'm so sorry about your hamsters. I miss Mozart, my hamster.

RT

Lucky(My new hammy)'s cage:

Lucky's cage

Mozart's cage:

Mozart's cage

Cage w/ built in wheel,ball and tubes:

Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back