Origami! :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durch_den_monsun

Reaction score
Ok, soooo... I was veeery bored today, and I'm really into origami (paper folding), so I decided to do something simple, and make a paper crane. I like to string them up and tape them to my ceiling. Soooo.. I thought I'd show you guys what I made, (and possibly post the other cool stuff I make if you're interested in seeing them, because I make jewelry and flower arrangemens too, COMPLETELY out of paper :3) I'm also going to post the instructions.. or, how I did it, because I usually modify the techniques so they're easier for me or look better to me and stuff... sooo.. here's what I made :3

33kpttd.jpg

It isn't perfect, but I think I did fine. It's pretty simple to make actually. Here's the instructions, if you'd like to make one.

First, start with a square piece of paper. If the paper is colored, have the color side you want your crane to be facing outside, so the white part is facing you. If you don't have square paper, don't worry! Go grab some printer paper or any paper,and fold one corner down into a triangle. Cut the remaining paper on the bottom off, so you have a triangle. So, starting from the square piece of paper

htid4x.jpg

Then, you fold the paper in half, so it looks like a triangle

2s8k961.jpg

Now, do the same thing on the other side. Fold it in half the other way, so it also looks like a triangle.

Now open it. Then, fold it in half down the middle, so it looks like a rectangle

1582feb.jpg

Then, do it again on the other side, also making another rectangle.

9uw8oz.jpg

Now that your paper is all folded up *these are your guidelines*, turn it sideways, so it looks like a diamond. You should have 2 lines dividing the paper in haves running through the corners. Bring the folded lines of the left and right side together. Then, take the top and fold it down to the bottom. It should look like this:

25tb0o6.jpg

(I'm sorry if that part was hard to understand. Trust me, it was hard to explain, because my method is different from most people use. Try an online video for that part)

Now that you have this, take the edge on the right side, and fold it to the middle of the diamond. Do the same to the other side

2v7v2uw.jpg

Then take the top and fold it down

nch7k6.jpg

Now, unfold everything you just folded, so go back to the diamond from before. Take the top layer of paper and open it, like so

24pwh9e.jpg

Fold the right side to the center

jhzs6u.jpg

Do that to the other side. It should look like

2duf49l.jpg

Now, flip the whole thing over, and repeat the previous steps on that side.

Now both side should look like the picture above.

Take the right flap, and fold it to the middle

30cq3px.jpg

Do the same thing to the other side.

Flip the piece over to the other side, and repeat the steps so both sides look like the picture above

Take the top and fold it down

25gynva.jpg

Do the same thing on the other side. Now, it should look like

24zvuqt.jpg

Take the right side, and open it, like a book. So just.. turn the page :) . It should look like

9u65qg.jpg

Pull that flap up, like

w1p84o.jpg

Now "close the book", or just turn that side back. It should look like

b8r40k.jpg

Do the same thing on the other side. Pick one side, doesn't matter which, and fold the rip down, to make the crane's head

mr8oc4.jpg

Now, take the "wings" and lift them, and pull them out gently. There's your finished crane! :D

mr8oc4.jpg

I hope my instructions were easy to follow (they probably weren't, so I hope the pics helped). This actually took me a few hours to do (the posting.. the crane took less than a minute to make), so I won't update often. Maybe every weekend or so. The more your practice, the easier it gets. If anyone tried this, or if anyone does origami already, PLEASE! POST PICS! This is a really fun hobby, and I just wanted to share it with you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back