People to People Student Ambassadors

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchis_rock13579

Reaction score
OK so I got accepted to join People to People Student Ambassadors on a 20-day trip to the nations of England, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland. In case you're wondering, People to People Student Ambassadors selects students throughout the nation in grades 5-12 to study abroad over the summer. Students in grades 9-12 can get high school or college credit for going.

My biggest concern however is my mom. It's not that she won't let me go because of safety reasons, but because of money. I know the economy is all screwed up, but how have there been groups of 40-plus students that went over the last summer? My mom says that she would let me go if it cost three to four thousand dollars less. In my opinion I think that if it's about $6500, it must really be worth it. My older sister went on a trip to Costa Rica in April of this year, easy to pay, and cost about $2500. My mom went too, another $2500. My friend Machie got accepted too, her family makes less money than our family, and her parents are still letting her go as long as she earns the money. I don't get it!

Also, there is an interview beforehand. I need a $400 deposit to get the interview then I either get accepted again (and can withdraw afterwards if I wish) or not get accepted. If I do not get accepted or if I do get accepted but withdraw less than three days after the interview, I get $305 of the $400 back ($95 of it is non-refundable)

Sorry if it's been kind of long reading it, and if I've sounded greedy or b*tchy.

So who do you think is right? Am I right? My mom? Both of us? Neither of us? Why so?

Oh geez, people to people. I get invited every year, but I never go. (Sadly, I missed out on Japan this year. D:)

Anyway, it does cost a lot, so I think your mom is right. Also, you said your friend is going, but you said that her parents are letting her go if she earns the money. Maybe you should tell your mom that you'll try earning that much money.

(Although earning that much money by yourself without a real job is going to be hard. DX And since when do interviews cost $400.00? o.o This is pricey, but like I said try telling your mom that you'll try to earn the money and stuff. I don't really know what else to say.

Sorry, I give bad advice. D:

BTW, are you going to go to ALL THOSE COUNTRIES in just 20 days?

(Although earning that much money by yourself without a real job is going to be hard. DX And since when do interviews cost $400.00? o.o This is pricey, but like I said try telling your mom that you'll try to earn the money and stuff. I don't really know what else to say.
Sorry, I give bad advice. D:

BTW, are you going to go to ALL THOSE COUNTRIES in just 20 days?
If you don't get accepted in or you choose to withdraw, you get $305 back, as $95 of it is nonrefundable, so it's like it really costs $95. And yes, we would go to all six of those nations in 20 days.

If you don't get accepted in or you choose to withdraw, you get $305 back, as $95 of it is nonrefundable, so it's like it really costs $95. And yes, we would go to all six of those nations in 20 days.
Still...$95.00 for an interview.

People to people is a money sucker. Anyway, really? All those countries. Then wouldn't the cost be even more if you're going to fly to all those countries. (If you're going to fly around)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back