Piercings?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got my nose pierced, it just felt like someone hit me in the nose really hard and my eyes teared up. I took care of it perfectly, but it still got infected and I ended up having to take it out. I hope you have better luck than me!

Last edited by a moderator:
ANY nose piercing, either nostril or septum, needs to be kept extremely clean. That means not only cleaning the piercing, but also the inside of the nose must be cleaned as well. Cotton swabs work very well for this. If you have a cold, it's harder to do, but it must be done. Do not use antibacterial ointment (Neosporin or other) on it. It needs to breathe.

ANY nose piercing, either nostril or septum, needs to be kept extremely clean. That means not only cleaning the piercing, but also the inside of the nose must be cleaned as well. Cotton swabs work very well for this. If you have a cold, it's harder to do, but it must be done. Do not use antibacterial ointment (Neosporin or other) on it. It needs to breathe.
This. It should be cleaned with a sea salt solution.

I used saline solution (or contact solution) for my stretched piercings (I didn'twanna say gauges..). and it kinda dried it out and made it harder to stretch.

But, if you use too much salt, it can dry it out and stuff. And neosporin should never be used to heal a piercing. It takes away some of the good bacteria. Like when I first started stretching, I used neosporin on it, and it swelled (no, not a blowout....) and it was kinda hard to move.

IBN4: Stretched piercings and nose piercings are v different!111 (Yes, I understand the location is different, but they are both body piercings.)

The only advice I can give is try to get it done professionally, and keep it clean. Also avoid wearing the nose peircing in gym class if your prone to getting in the face (like I am). My friend had a stud in her nose and she got hit in the face with a volleyball. The next day, her nose was swollen on the side of the peircing.

Back