Please help me! I'm a newbie.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabell

Reaction score
Before I start, I just have to say that english is my second language, and I don't have a tamagochi yet, but I will get one very soon.

And I have had two tamachi's before.

Anyways, I have been researching tamagochi today and I have found out that is it 7 versions.

I don't know which one to buy, and I don't know if the stores have that much to choose from in Norway, so I think I'll have to take what the stores has to offer.

Back to my questions, I actually have two questions.

1. What version do you recommand? (I would actually love to have a family version though, and what version do i need then?) oh, and in the stores, does it say what version it is on the front of the page? (I'm really sorry for my bad spelling.)

2. When your egg hatches, how do you know what animal you got?

Please tell me a little bit of the animals and do you get different animals on different tamagotchies or how does it works ?

Hope you understand, even though I'm not sure if I understood what I just wrote.

Haha, well thanks anyways :)

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, welcome to TamaTalk! By the way, your English is just fine for it being your second language. :) Anyway, bear with me, I tend to write a lot.

Onto the versions...this might take a while. :D I think there are actually 9 Connection versions (counting the V4.5 and the V5.5, which are essentially the re-vamped versions of their respective previous versions, but I digress). I'm guessing you don't know about the Tamagotchis that came out in the late '90s, before the first Connection came out in 2004? Let me tell you, it's a lot to take in but just keep doing your researching and asking questions and you'll get the gist of it eventually. Anyway, the ones that came out before the Connections are what we call the vintage/old-school/ancestor Tamagotchis. The main thing is that they don't have the infrared connection capabilities that the more modern ones have. To keep it short, I'd like to direct you to THIS page, which lists all the versions of Tamagotchi ever released, even the accessories and stuff. Additionally, if you'd like to learn more about the vintage Tamagotchis, I do have a few sites that I recommend: THIS, THIS, and THIS.

The reason why I mention the ancestor Tamagotchis is because of your first question. Personally, I would recommend any one of the ancestor Tamagotchis if you can get them, especially the Angelgotchi/Tamagotchi Angel. I don't know if you can tell by my user name, but I generally prefer the vintage ones over the Connection ones, though there are many cool things about the Connection versions. If you'd like the family one, that one coincides with the V5 series. Yes, if you were to buy the Tamagotchi in-package, it would say which version it is on it. Which brings me to a different, but related, point.

As far as finding Tamagotchis in stores, you won't be able to find them in stores at all (maybe barring the most recent version, the Tama-Go, but more on that later). Your best bet would be to find them online. As I mentioned above, you will be able to see which version you're getting, provided that it comes in package. A lot of them don't though because of the way it was packaged and used. If this is the case, you'd need to learn how to recognize which version is which by looking at the shell shape, design, whether or not it has an antenna, what type of antenna, things like this. Here's a quick and general run-down on how to distinguish between the different Connections:

The V1 and V2 have a similar shell shape with no antenna. It's a bit difficult to tell between the two if you're just looking at them online, out of package, but V1s usually have simpler shell designs than the V2. Once you get it, you can really tell what the difference is by looking at what type of games they have: a V1 only has 2 games and a V2 has up to 4 games (which you unlock as your character evolves).

The V3 has a little antenna that points straight up.

The V4 has an antenna with a ball on the end of it

The V4.5 has an antenna with a star on the end of it.

The V5 series all have a roof-looking antenna, since it's supposed to be a family-themed Tamagotchi.

The V6 does not have an antenna and would be confused with a V1 or V2 if it weren't for its music-themed shell designs (since the Tamagotchi is also known as the Music Star).

The Tama-Go...well, it's easy to not get it confused with all the others because it's much larger than the others and they come with figurines and designed face plates.

As for your second question, what character you get depends on which version you have, and there are many different characters for each growth phase (there are typically 4 phases: baby, toddler, teen, and adult). Have a look at THIS forum (TamaTalk Reference) under "The Library" and you'll find all the growth charts you're looking for.

Well! I hope I didn't scare you away by writing a whole ton. It's a silly habit of mine, having to go back and explain all the background stuff before actually answering the questions. It feels more complete that way. :D Anyway, I hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions if you have any! Welcome again and I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

hello and welcome to the forum i do not reccomend tama go but if you like it go for it! v3 and v4 and very good versions v5 is the family tamagotchi and i do not reccomend v1 or v2 because you cant connect online if you like music a lot a music star is good but the buttons are hard to press and the tama go (v7) is huge and easy to drop also very fragile (learned the hard way) when the egg hatches you get a babytchi it needs constant attention for about 20 minuites or so and then it evolves check a growth chart to see what you got if you know japanese then a tamagotchi color is good but expensive the tamagotchi ID is fun you get diffrent animals depending on how well you care for it sorry for the long post i like helping others ^_^

Wow, thank you guys very much for all the info!

I'm really happy now, and I do really appereciate all the writing, it's really nice of you to take your time to write so much.

It means alot, and it was very helpfull too!

Thank you so much! I will continue researching about it, and I will try to remember how the different versions look! :) ¨

Oh, I just have one last question though.

You mention the ancestors tamagotchi, and the angel tamagotchi that you were talking about.

Why do you recommand that one or both of them? :)

I mean, what do you do on that ones?

Oh, and how does TamaTown work?

I mean, how do I register and do i need to have a tamagotchi to register?

I would appereciate a little info about that too :)

The "ancestor/vintage" label is like a blanket term for the 12 or so Tamagotchis that were released in the '90s. This includes the Angelgotchi (the Japanese version)/Tamagotchi Angel (American version). The Angel is an ancestor Tamagotchi. As for what they do, I'd refer you back to the links I gave you because I feel that those sites do a much better job of explaining things than I can. I wouldn't be able to do them proper justice. :) To sum up a bit of why I'd recommend one of the Angels, it's because the characters are cute, it has a motion censor, and the pet itself is really low-maintenance, which is good for someone like me who's always busy but still would like to play with Tamagotchis every once in a while. :) Again, I highly recommend checking out the links I gave you.

I'm a relatively new member of TamaTown (I've only just joined a few months ago) so I don't know how every little thing works yet. I mostly discover things based on trial and error and I just browse around. Anyway, you don't need a Tama-Go or Music Star (these are the "current" TamaTown versions up...the other Connection versions have their own TamaTown sites as well, but you'd need to go to a drop-down menu on the Bandai Tamagotchi site in order to access them...see THIS page, scroll to the bottom tab where it says "open," and click on it) in order to register for an account but there are some areas in TamaTown in which you need to be logged in with your Tama-Go in order to gain access. Also, there may be items you purchase on TamaTown and you would need either a Music Star or Tama-Go to input the codes to "transfer" the items from TamaTown to your Tamagotchi. To create an account, just go to the TamaTown website HERE, click on "create a free account," and then it should guide you from there.

By the way, instead of double-posting, please use the EDIT button in the right-hand corner of posts to make any additions to your posts. You can edit your posts up to about 24 hours after you create them. :)

Oh, alright. Well, I tried to do what you said, but on the site it isn't a link that says ''register'' anywhere!

And on the other link you sent me, when I try to go to TamaTown it's just coming up: We're sorry, but your connection to the server has been lost. Please try again later.

So, I really don't know what to do so I can register :/

Another thing, what is a Morino tamagotchi?

Oh, yeah. Sometimes TamaTown will do that, unfortunately. In fact, there's a whole topic about how "glitchy" TamaTown can be HERE (this is just one of the many threads that have been created, actually :p ). Maybe if you tried again later or opened up a new browser? In any case, when you do click on the registration link I gave you, you should see something like this:

TamaTownLog-In.jpg

I've circled what you need to click (it's not a "register" button, but it definitely lets you sign up).

As for the pull-down menu for other TamaTown versions, if clicking the link doesn't work, just Google "Bandai Tamagotchi," click on the very first link, and you should be there!

A Morino Tamagotchi features a little bug instead of the typical Tamagotchi characters one would see. It's also got a motion-sensor like the Angels do. HERE is some great information on the Morino (this is actually from one of the sites I linked above ;) ).

I'll give my reccomendations, most similar to OldSchoolTama's.

If you're looking for a tamagotchi that you need to actually take care of it, I suggest the V1, V2 and V3s. Although, as OldSchoolTama said, some of these may not be in store, so you may have t buy them online.

A few more I recommend is the V4. It has most of the classic characters, and although it isn't quite a challenge to take care of the, playing games with your tamagotchi plays a major role in determining what character you get.

Or you could try the Tama-Go, if you're willing to spend a few more dollars on the figurines, you're fine getting that too. This is the newest version of tamagotchis, so check out your nearest store!

Also the vintage tamas are excellent too. The P1 and P2 series are awesome, as well as the Osutchi and Mesutchi pairs. Both of those tamas are great to take care of, and you'll have fun at the same time. (However, you will have to buy them online since retailers are no longer stocking them, well most I think.)

Oh, and about your question ''what version will it say on the package'', it will say the version number, for example, if you wanted the Familitchi version, it would say ''Tamagotchi V5''. :)

The V5 Familitchi tamas are good too, but don't require as much attention as the other tamas, and there are quite a good range of tamas to obtain too, so if you feel like experimenting, have a go at that one. Retailers should still be stocking up on that one, at least where I am, but you might have to buy that one online.

There are also the classic Japanese tamas, such as the entama here. You might want to also read up on here for more info. Here's some of the characters you can get on the entama: https://i.imgur.com/9H8pk.jpg

About your second question, what character you get is determined by how good care you give your tamagotchi. Also, some characters are unique to different versions. As OldSchoolTama pointed out, TamaTalk has a huge range of growth charts which you are free to read and experiment with!

I hope this all helps, and good luck on getting your tamagotchi!

samtchi

Hello Isabell... Hope my post is not too long for you,

I am sorry that the Tamatown page is not coming up for you. Hopefully you can get it to work soon.

Maybe try a new Web Browser? (I know sometimes when I use Firefox the site would not load properly, I switched to my desktop and use Google Chrome.)

I noticed OldSchoolTama answered all of your questions before I could.

One thing:: During the sign up you will create a TamaTown ID that uses 2 Letter and 4 Numbers. (This confused me when i did it, Hopefully it will not confuse you.)

That will be the name people see on the TamaTown site.

About the different versions. I will link you to my first thread on the site asking almost the same Exact question. (Hopefully this is not against rules)

There are pictures there that may help you in the way they helped me. (It has been almost a Month and I already feel confident in my Tama Abilities.)

Question About Verions Thread

I used that thread to help me buy my Tama online and so far it has been accurate descriptions.

If you purchase online DO NOT LISTEN TO SELLER VERSION NUMBER. Much better to use your eyes and study the pictures.

For Tama recommendation, I have not gotten a chance to play with too many connection versions but I currently own Two Music Star, a Original P1 and V3.

I would recommend getting an Angel also. However if you want to try a connection version I think a v3 would be nice choice.

After looking through the site I settled on the v3 because it seems like good introduction to the newer version (that contain Job and School.)

Also my v3 has been pretty low-maintenance so far. There are a few different games (instead of the 1 game on Vintage Tama.)

Only problem I have with v3 is I cannot find a Chart that shows which is GOOD care character and which is BAD care character.

Hopefully you find a Tama that suits you... and Welcome to TamaTalk!

~Phnx

Thank you very much!

It's very helpful information guys! I really appereciate it :)

I don't know what they sell in stores here in Norway, but I guess from v1 to v3 or v4 maybe.

I have google chroome, but I will try to download Firefox and see if that works.

Anyways, thank you again for taking time to write to me.

It means alot! :)

1)I would highly recommend tamagotchi music star if you really love music and like to grow a music star of your own, familitchi if you like to have a family or many tamagotchis to keep with, tamatown tama-go if you like the tamagotchi+ color , because it is pretty much the same but black and white, but there's one new improvement to tamatown tama-go, you can buy different gotchi figures and have a wide range of shops and games, ad you can change the face plate of the tamatown tama-go. So far, the best tamagotchi I've seen is the tamatown tama-go and I highly recommend it, ( thus, it's really big so you can find it easily in your house if its lost.

2) First, they're not called "animals", they are called tamagotchis, second, you can't choose which "tamagotchi" you have to care for it and the tamagotchi you gets depends on how you care for it, you can look at growth charts on the internet to get the idea.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back