PLEASE HELP! Water in Tamagotchi iD screen!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrafina_Pekkala

Reaction score
If anyone knows how to effectively get the thing apart so I can dry the water out of the screen (it's just behind the very top plastic layer) I would really appreciate some assistance. I have it taken apart to the point where the two halves of the shell are apart but then there are wires that are holding the back of the shell close to the front of the shell. If only I knew how to safely pry these further apart and get to those four little screws I'd be in luck. I don't know how to contact Binary directly but I know that they have managed to get their tama apart.

Please reply if you can help me! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, You took it apart That means it might of been broken forever, ^_^ sorry all I could say but I hope it Works Again :D

No, it will not be broken forever if you take it apart. I've done it plenty of times successfully. Just follow the links regarding how to safely take your Tamagotchi apart posted by TamaMum. Then what I would do is I would wipe the screen dry, CAREFULLY, and then take a blow dryer and dry the rest of the unit out, just in case. I got water all over my cell phone once, to the point where nothing happened when I pressed the buttons. I couldn't even place calls. About 5-10 minutes of blow-drying (don't point it straight at what you're drying, of course), it was as good as new. Make sure when you're screwing it back together, do so carefully and tightly. Good luck! ^_^

On the inside of the back half of the shell, there are some plastic posts that the wires are wedged in between. If you're very careful, you can tug the wires out from between the posts, allowing the back to open a bit further. (Sorry I don't have any photos of this.) The wires can be pressed back into place with a fingernail when you're ready to re-assemble.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful helpful suggestions! I am very happy to report that my newest tama is safe, sound, and functioning perfectly with a flawless screen!

What really helped was placing it face-down in a bowl of uncooked rice. This leeched the moisture out, and then I used a blow dryer on it for about 15 seconds at a time, stopping to let it cool. <_< :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back