Please Read this-

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverHanatchi

Reaction score
MOVED from What Happened to my Tama? > What's On Your Mind? forum

Hello! I've been noticeing that a lot of people have been 'bumping' topics. If you think your topic is that important, to bump it 20 times, ask a guide to consder pinning it for you. have a great day!

P.S.

i dont know if some other people have posted bumping topics, but i havnt seen any! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about bumping topics. But sadly, people forget to check the dates. My usual "rule" for myself is "never reply to a topic that's beyond the fifth page". It works!

StarTama :hitodetchi:

If you think your topic is that important, to bump it 20 times, ask a guide to consder pinning it for you. have a great day!
P.S.

i dont know if some other people have posted bumping topics, but i havnt seen any! :D
If a topic is important enough, a Guide will pin it ;)

Goodness - I hope no members would ever consider bumping their own topic 20 times :lol:

You started this thread in "What Happened to My Tamagotchi?" forum - so you may not have seen the topic pinned in bold at the top of this What's On Your Mind? forum asking ppl not to bump old topics :D

The Guides usually look at an old topic that has been "bumped" to the first page of the forum to see what it is about.

If it is a useful or interesting piece of information that would help out new members then even if it is very old, we may well leave it open for more replies and input.

If it is an old duplicate of a current, active topic, we would tend to close it.

If peoples topics were pinned then it would be constant mayhem! I'm sorry but then every1 would want their topics pinned and soon there would be pages and pages of pinned topics. O and A7Zforever, bumping is when you reply to a really old topic so it goes back to the top of the list. I never go past page 5. Any further and i class that as bumping.

If a topic is important enough, a Guide will pin it ;)
Goodness - I hope no members would ever consider bumping their own topic 20 times :D

You started this thread in "What Happened to My Tamagotchi?" forum - so you may not have seen the topic pinned in bold at the top of this What's On Your Mind? forum asking ppl not to bump old topics :D

The Guides usually look at an old topic that has been "bumped" to the first page of the forum to see what it is about.

If it is a useful or interesting piece of information that would help out new members then even if it is very old, we may well leave it open for more replies and input.

If it is an old duplicate of a current, active topic, we would tend to close it.
Yes, I totally agree with you. :lol:

Alot of people bump their own topics because they think it will get them more replies or views - but it's pointless and spammy. :D

-sk8er girl-

I agree too. If the threads get beyond five pages, it is pointless posting because no - one will bother reading them. I don't!!

Giraffagocthi ^_^

Honestly, I do like to read threads with more than a few pages full of replies. After all, it must've been a pretty interesting topic to be so popular.

The time that a bumped topic really annoys me is when people find one from a very long time ago, and post a nonsensical reply to a current issue, or reply anything at all to a topic that isn't even an issue nowdays. Those people often seem to be doing it intentionally, too.

I really don't mind it if a person bumps a topic that isn't terribly old if they have something important to add. I bumped my own Tamagotchi census thread today to update it from a month ago, because I had something I really wanted to post as an update to the thread information. I assume that it uses less bandwidth to add a new post to an older topic rather than to create an entirely new thread for a numerical update. Of course I don't own any forums, so I don't know for sure, but it seemed like the most logical thing to do. ^_^

I agree too. If the threads get beyond five pages, it is pointless posting because no - one will bother reading them. I don't!!
Giraffagocthi :lol:
*points at bolded* Not true. Please don't imply your opinions/actions are the same as everyone elses.

I read topics if it seems interesting. The longest topic I've ever read was about 40 pages long, and I've been keeping up with the thread in NTT with about 97 pages.

Bumping topics annoys me to no end. I don't mind if they're only bumped from a month or two ago, but when I see topics from one to two years ago that have nothing to do with current happenings, I get annoyed.

*points at bolded* Not true. Please don't imply your opinions/actions are the same as everyone elses. I read topics if it seems interesting. The longest topic I've ever read was about 40 pages long, and I've been keeping up with the thread in NTT with about 97 pages.

Bumping topics annoys me to no end. I don't mind if they're only bumped from a month or two ago, but when I see topics from one to two years ago that have nothing to do with current happenings, I get annoyed.
When I wrote that post, I didn't write it in bold. I am sorry if it came up like that but I didn't write it like that. Sorry.

Giraffagotchi :lol:

I agree with most on the replies here. :marumimitchi:

As I've been a member of tons of fourms, I quite recall the old "bumping up your own topic". It annoys the heck out of me, and guides as well. Bumping your topic up a bit to add more information is okay, but say this, "BUMP! BUMP!" is just spammish and childish. If your topic falls behind in the pages, leave it there. Obviously you didn't make an interesting enough topic.

/HH

If peoples topics were pinned then it would be constant mayhem! I'm sorry but then every1 would want their topics pinned and soon there would be pages and pages of pinned topics. O and A7Zforever, bumping is when you reply to a really old topic so it goes back to the top of the list. I never go past page 5. Any further and i class that as bumping.
yes I WOULD be constant mayhem! I go past page 5, but o well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back