Please tell me if this is OK

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one of the best stories made by a TT member I have heard in a long time! And I'm not just saying that cause you are my clostest TT friend, I actually mean it. Can you PM me a copy when it's finished? I'll read it cover to cover.

GRR! I had my sister edit the WHOLE story and now I have to repost it. Here are Chapters 1-3:

[SIZE=14pt]Chapter One[/SIZE]

Olive slipped in mysteriously, as if nothing had happened, though a lot had happened. She coolly sat down at her desk, which was far from the others. Her mom had sent her to this academy of the gifted, thinking she would feel closer to her surroundings, including the people. But really, she couldn't feel any farther away.

It had all started last week when she was at the beach. It was a hot day and Olive was having a blast swimming in the water. It was pretty steady, but she wanted some waves to swim against. She only thought about it for about 2 seconds when a giant wave came on. Though Olive convinced herself it was only a coincidence she was still suspicious. When she saw somebody surfing, she grasped her chance. She concentrated on a huge wave for the surfer, just big enough that he could surf it. For some odd reason, she could just tell what kind of waves he could surf. That's when it happened. The wave Olive had been thinking about had come right when he got to the location it would form. It looked exactly like the one she had imagined. Scared, Olive swam to shore and demanded her mother tell her what happened.

Her father, Odus, had been gifted by a fairie of the water. She, Olive Oceana Otelia, had the gift of controlling the ocean. Knowing this day would come, her mother, Obioma Ofra Otelia, had her sent to St. Xaviers, a school for the gifted. Unhappily, Olive obeyed her mom's orders and went. It was now her first day, and she knew nobody. She missed her old friends, family, and most of all, the ocean next to her house. She always went there and that was her place that she could go and all her stress would disappear as she would breathe in that salty smelling ocean air. Covering her face, she allowed a tear to dribble down her face and splash onto the desk, and for a moment, Olive could see a wave of the ocean in her head. She begged for it to stay, but it was just a small bit of her happy memories at that beach. Drifting away in her memories, she barely heard the bell ring, as class had just begun. A man with a face that had tentacles walked in. Several girls screamed in shock.

“My name is Davy Jones. But you may call me Mr. Jones.” He said in his hoarse voice. “Normally, I would send you to a certain room, based on your… gift. Today, however, I want you to stand up when I call your name and share what you can do. Tonya Brookfield.” A brown haired girl with freckles stood up. “I can jump to unusual heights.” Then she sat down. Olive bit her lip, closed her eyes tightly, and hoped with all her might that the main office had made a mistake and didn’t put her name on the list.

She listened to everybody, but what really made her eyes open was when she heard somebody stand up and say “I can fly.”

Olive had always wanted to know what it felt like to fly. It was a red-haired girl, who was beginning to rise in the air. She was obviously unaware of it until Mr. Jones said

“Thank you, Skye.” That was when Skye realized that and came back to the ground. “Maybe, like mom said, I will make a friend here…” Olive thought. For the next bunch of kids she heard some strange powers. The boy next to her, apparently named Rock, had told the class that he can talk to hummingbirds.

“Olive Otelia.” She heard a familiar hoarse voice say. Nervous, Olive stood up and said quickly,

“I can control water.” As soon as she said that, a ripple of whispers crossed the room. Olive couldn’t hear what they were saying, so she didn’t know what to make of it. If it was good, bad, creepy or common. She sat down, and listened to the other students. When the bell rang, everybody rushed to the doors, except for Olive and Skye. Olive was planning on approaching Skye, but instead, it was vice-versa. Skye smiled nervously and said “I think your gift is cool. I never even knew anybody could have that gift.”

“Thanks,” replied Olive “Your gift is cool too. Flying is great, at least, so I think.”

“It’s OK, but once you get used to it, it’s just like riding a new bike. It’s fun for a while, but then you only use it when you need it. I found out I could fly about 2 months ago. When did you find out? You know, about your gift.”

Olive looked her in the eye and said, “1 week ago. How old are you?”

“Ouch. Shockers finding out that you’re gifted, huh? I’m 12. You?”

“I’m 12 too.” Olive ignored the first question. “Erm, what do we do now?” Olive and Skye had begun walking together.

“Follow me.” Skye said, taking her hand and pulling her through the crowded corridor.

“Here we are!” Skye said with sarcastic glee, opening the door to a plain bedroom with 6 beds. “We get to pick the bedroom we stay in. Don’t worry boys have the right corridor and we have the left.” She reassured Olive, seeing her worried face. “You can sleep next to me if you like. Girls are about to come running in here wanting one of the beds here. So we gotta pick first.” Skye informed her, putting her bag on a bed.

“Why is this bedroom so popular?” Olive asked her, putting her bag on a bed by the window, next to Skye’s.

“Look outside.” Both girls looked outside and saw an amazing, beautiful view of the mountains, a pond, trees, and hiking routes outside.

“That is so ama-” Olive began. About 12 girls came stampeding in, claiming beds. It lasted about 3 minutes before disappointed looking girls, yet still pretty cheerful, filed out. For a moment, there was a peaceful silence, and then the clamor spread through the room. Olive, staying silent, unpacked her clothes from her bag into the dresser next to her bed.

When she was done, she rummaged through the rest of her stuff, which was toiletries, books, pencils and a notebook, her diary, and a picture of Olive with her mom in front of the ocean on the beach. Only Olive knew that hidden in that frame was a picture of a boy she liked before she moved near the ocean. His name was Dustin Tines, with light brown hair and green eyes. She knew he liked her, but they didn’t want to admit it. She put the photo on the dresser and lay on her bed, resting from the journey from her house, to here. Closing her eyes, she thought about how she would spend much time here. It seemed like one minute to her but when she heard the dinner bell, she knew it had been 1 hour. Skye walked over and shook Olive’s shoulder

“Wake up! It’s time for dinner.”

“I wasn’t sleeping.” Olive said “I was just resting.” She got off the bed and followed Skye to the dining hall.

When the two girls walked in the dining hall, they saw 3 long tables lined up in the dining hall. Olive walked in awkwardly, though Skye walked in comfortably as though she had done this all her life. They sat at two empty seats at the end of the table. Sitting across them, was Rock from Olive’s class. He was silent, as if almost shy, but he didn’t seem like the shy kind of guy to Olive.

“Hey.” Rock murmured, who was suddenly very interested in his mashed potatoes. Seeing that Olive was just staring at the food lied out in front of them, Skye said,

“Help yourself. You are allowed to eat it you know.” Olive gave an embarrassed smile and filled her plate with steak, mashed potatoes, salad, and a piece of a loaf of bread. She also filled her glass with water. Olive began to dig in her mashed potatoes when she noticed Skye staring at her water.

“Ok, unless that water is poisoned or dangerous in anyway, I don’t wanna know why you are staring at my glass.” Olive grinned.

“I…wanna see you use your gift…” Skye gave a nervous smile.

“Erm… I guess I could try.” Olive stared at the water in her glass and concentrated on a ripple going through it out of nowhere. Nothing happened.

“I can’t.” she sighed and went back to cutting through her steak. A disappointed looking Skye played around with her rice and finally said, “I’m not that hungry. I’ll see you in the bedroom.” And she walked out of the kitchen, up the stairs and to the bedroom. Olive shrugged and finished off her steak.

Skye, on her bed, was wondering why Olive couldn’t use her gift. “Maybe she is a faker! And she wanted to come here because she thought it would be exciting to see all these people using their gifts! It’s official. I am going to question her. Tonight.”

Chapter 2

Olivia walked up to her bedroom, feeling warm and comfortable with her belly full of Chef X’s special banana cream pie. These nice feelings slipped away when she walked in her room and saw the way Skye was looking at her. “Um something wrong Skye?” she asked, sitting on her bed, confused.

“I just have a few questions for you, Olive. If that is your real name!”

“Umm yeah, it is.” Olive said. This will be interesting. Olive thought.

“I want to know why you couldn’t control the water in your glass.” Skye gave a suspicious look, which scared Olive a bit.

“I just couldn’t. Is it against the law not being able to use your gift all the time?” Olive’s eyebrows furrowed; she was beginning to get irritated.

“Well, no but you won’t be ready for what’s in the real world if you can’t use it 24/7!” Skye scoffed. “Amateur.”

“Amateur?”

“Yes, meaning, somebody who can’t use their gift because they are fakers!”

“I am not a faker!” Olive roared.

“Prove it!” Skye was yelling at this point. “Make the water in that jug over there,” She pointed to the jug of water in their room, “swirl in the air around my head and then I will believe you!”

“Fine I will!!” Olive watched the water, her eyes squinting with pressure and strain. She tried hard to visualize the water rising up and swirling around Skye’s head, but nothing would happen. Olive stopped trying, feeling very discouraged.

“Well?” Skye looked victorious.

“Err,” Olive said, feeling uncomfortable. “I… have to go to the bathroom.” Olive hurried out, and made sure Skye wasn’t following her. She looked behind her as she entered the bathroom and came face to face with Skye. “How did you-?” Olive stuttered, pointing at the door.

“Unlike you, I can use my gift. If you even have a gift!” Skye accused. That last statement made Olive very angry. She had been forced to go to this school away from home, just because she had a gift, and if anything, she would at least like people to recognize she had a gift.

“Ok for your information, the only reason I am at this dang school is because of my gift and if you don’t believe me, then… then…” Olive yelled.

“Then… what?” Skye had a slightly angry face on. “Your gonna-?”

BANG! The sink that had been left on because one girl had gotten scared and ran out had water that was water falling out, and hitting Skye. She sputtered the water out of her open mouth as Olive watched in shock.

“Don’t believe I have a gift now?” Olive teased.

“I believe you! I’m sorry! Just make it STOP!!” Skye pleaded. Olive felt the anger slip away, and just as fast, the water ceased to flow.

Olive smiled and said, “If you are going to still be friends with me, let’s go to the bedroom.” And walked out of the bathroom, with a shivering Skye following her.

“We might even get to out bedroom before Angie sees us.” Skye looked dead serious.

“Angie…?” Olive looked back at Skye, confused. “Is that another gifted child that we should watch out for?”

“Nah.” Skye said. “Keep going.” Skye gave a little push. “Angie is the patroller at night. If we are out of bed this late, we get detention and depending on how much trouble we are in, that is how long we stay here. I think we can dodge her. Usually she is on the boys’ wing by no-”

“Well, well, well. Look what we have here. The new girl and the wet one. Out of bed. That will cost you to stay here until lunchtime on Saturday.” Both girls turned around to see a young lady, about 19, with black hair and a smug look. “Surprised? I take a new schedule considering most of you kids know my old one, so you can sneak out and in without being cost.” Angie smirked for a moment, but when she looked at Skye, she gave a confused frown. “What happened to you? Put the wrong end on the toilet again?”

“No! What happened was-” Skye hesitated. She looked at Olive and saw her worried look. Although this was Olive’s first day, Olive was well aware of the punishment of attacking one of the students.

“What happened?” Angie followed Skye’s gaze to Olive.

“I… err, was taking a bath. I lost track of time and Olive came in to tell me. I didn’t get time to dry myself.” Skye quickly said, remembering that there was a bathtub in the bathroom they were in. It was through a door by the sinks.

“Aww, poor munchkin. You’re lucky I don’t make you stay ‘till Sunday for that. Though I might change my mind soon… Go on! Git!” Angie pushed both girls with an angry expression. “Dang kids. Think they can do anything. Ha!” Angie muttered, walking towards the main hall.

“Thanks for not telling.” Olive said, relieved.

“Thanks for not killing me with that water.” Skye smiled.

“To tell you the truth, I was lucky that time.” Olive gave an embarrassed smile. “I was kinda out of control. Although I know I have a gift, doesn’t necessarily mean that I know how to use it.”

“No problem.” Skye said. “Now let’s get to our room before Angie comes back and we have to stay all weekend.”

“I’m with you there. Let’s go!” Olive grinned, and they hurried off to their room.

Chapter 3

“Alright, I got the list right here!” Mr. Jones said in his hoarse voice, holding up some papers, after 10 minutes of searching. “When I call your name, you will come up here and I will tell you what class you are in and what room you are to go to.” Everybody was silent and a bit worried. “Tonya Brookfield.” He said, just like the first day. When Tonya went up there, he said, “You will be in C3, which is ‘Abilities That Involve Height’. Now leave.” Tonya walked out, looking confident. Mr. Jones continued, telling all the kids their rooms and what the class is. Skye was in C3 like Tonya. After Rock left to go to A4, for ‘Animal Involvement.’ Olive wasn’t surprised to hear Mr. Jones’ hoarse voice say her name. “You are in C2; the class is ‘Effect of Nature’. Now go on, don’t be late!”

“’K.” Olive murmured, hurrying to her classroom. She hadn’t thought about the kind of kids she would be dealing with until she was outside of her classroom. “I can deal with whatever is in there. Yeah, I am good enough!” and with that last positive note, Olive walked in the classroom.

It was a normal classroom. Kids sitting in their desks, some had a pile of dirt on a tray in front of them and they were staring at it, not paying her any attention, some had a seed on the floor, and some had some flowers in front of them. The teacher was watching them and paid no attention as Olive sat down in a desk next to a boy with shockingly violet eyes who seemed a bit depressed.

“Hi, I’m Olive. What’s your name?” Olive said. The boy didn’t reply. “Ok then, nice to meet you.” She said quickly. “So what’s your gift?” she said positively. He motioned to her desk. The fly that was on her desk was now the size of an elephant. Olive screamed, and, as if it was instinct, she turned on the sink and made the water spray the fly, just like what happened to Skye, except harder. The boy, wide eyed, turned the fly back to normal. Olive immediately stopped the water and walked to her soaked desk.

“Sweet.” The boy said. “Oh, by the way, Daniel is the name. And you can obviously see what my sucky power is.”

“Oh it’s not sucky. I find it very… protective. Please, don’t shock me like that again…” Olive laughed. “Wait! You talk?”

“Yeah, but I’m kinda shy.” Unless Olive’s eyes were deceiving her, which never happened, Daniel actually turned a shade pink. The teacher walked over to Daniel and Olive.

“Olive Otelia, my name is Mrs. Greenfinch. I know what your power is and I wanted to welcome you to the classroom. Here is a bowl of water.” She put a bowl of water on Olive’s desk. “Please practice your gift, tomorrow we will present what we can do. Now if you will excuse me, that bird over by the window is hungry.” Mrs. Greenfinch walked over to the window with some bird food and opened the window, beginning to make sounds that sounded a bit like a whistle.

“I really hope you can tell what her gift is. If not, you need some serious help, my friend.” Daniel joked.

“Yeah, she can open windows.” Olive said sarcastically. “Well better get started on practicing.” She said, staring at the bowl of water. A grin spread across her face.

“What are you-?” Daniel started. A bit of water had splashed on his face. Olive burst out laughing.

“That’s what you get for the elephant fly!” she said between laughs. Daniel had a look on his face that, in a way, said, “Unfair!”

Meanwhile…

A boy with brown hair stared up at the ceiling. "Why?" He murmured. "Why did she have to go?" His green eyes grew wet with tears. He was Dustin Tines. A girl that he had secretly liked was gone. Olive Otelia was the girl's name. He whispered her name through tears.

Olive had disappeared after her trip to the beach.

"She is gifted." said her father, when Dustin asked him where she was. "She has gone to a school with.... others like her."

"Sir, what is the address?" asked Dustin.

"I can't say. I apologize." replied Olive's father. And that was that.

The next morning, Dustin awoke. He sighed. He was being a wimp. So he told himself as he walked to his closet. There were more fish in the sea, right? Dustin observed his clothes, and chose one that had a dragon on it.

"Hmm...." He looked at himself in the mirror and gasped. His hair.... it was red! He screamed. Dustin's mother, Angela, came running up the stairs.

"WHAT IS IT? ARE YOU OK?!?" she screamed.

"MOM! MY HAIR! IT’S...... RED!" Dustin replied, quite panicked.

She looked at him and her face grew angry.

"Dustin, stop this nonsense!" Dustin turned back to the mirror. His hair was normal. Brown, and messed up.

"But mom-!" he started.

"Dustin, don't lie to me! You scared my half to death!" she said angrily. She stomped down the hallway outside of Dustin’s door.

"But, I could have sworn...." He trailed off.

Back to St. Xaviers…

Olive practiced and practiced, but she couldn’t make more than a small wave happen in the water. Many times she had to take a break and clear her mind with the thought of the ocean by her house.

“It’s OK,” Daniel tried reassuring her, “It takes a little time to make amazing things happen. Like…like this!”

Before Daniel did anything, Olive quickly said, “Umm, I don’t think a demonstration is necessary.”

After 5 minutes of pure thoughts concentrated only on the ocean, she decided to calmly try again. She stared at the water, concentrating only on a large wave of water forming, but not one droplet of water goes out of the bowl. She closed her eyes for a moment, concentrating on what it would look like and when she opened her eyes, it happened.

The exact wave she had been concentrating on happened. It slowly backed up, rising up and crashed down on the small layer of water still in the bowl. It was exactly like a wave at the beach, and not a drop of water was out of place. Olive smiled and tried it again. It worked. The wave was exactly the same as before.

“Finally!” Olive exclaimed, after doing it a third time. “I can do it!”

“Sweetness.” Daniel grinned.

After class, Olive waited for Skye to come out from C2, because the teacher was holding them up a little late. When Skye finally came out, Olive smiled at her.

“How was your class?” Skye asked, walking with Olive to the Cafeteria for lunch. “Mine was OK but the teacher talks WAY too much. And, you wanna know what his gift is? His sweat, it’s animal attraction!!” she stuck out her tongue and rolled her eyes. “He thinks it’s cool.”

“Woooow.” Olive said plainly. “Mine was actually, pretty good. I made a new friend, his name is Daniel-”

“Wait!” Skye interrupted. “Is he the freak with the purple eyes?”

“Yes… what of it?” Olive asked with a suspicious look on her face.

“You got along with Depressed Daniel?! Did he talk to you?” Skye seemed very excited.

“Yeah he is really nice… he’s just shy, that’s why he doesn’t talk much. Also, he doesn’t really like his gift.” Olive explained.

“What is it?” Skye asked.

“Uh…” Olive wondered. “I’m not sure he wants me to tell.”

“Oh. Come on, I don’t want everybody to hog the baloney sandwiches.” Skye pulled her to the cafeteria. When they were in line she asked, “So, what did you do in class? We just got lectured and lectured about how we should use our gifts are so special.”

“We just practiced our gifts. Tomorrow we will present it.” Olive snatched the last ham sandwich and put it on her tray.

“Erm, is it me, or is that guy, Rock watching us?” Skye looked suspiciously behind them out of the corner of her eye.

“Really?” Olive turned around but Skye turned her back halfway. “What?!”

“Look out of the corners of your eyes or he will see!” Skye warned.

“So-rry!” Olive said. Out of the corner of her eyes, she looked at Rock and sure enough, he was staring at them, watching their every move. Well, more like, Olive’s every move.

“Oh my god! I think he likes you!” Skye was star-struck. “Second day here and you already have an admirer!

“No way! We barely know each other. All I know about him is his name and gift.” Olive was refusing to think that somebody liked her. “I just came here because my mom told me. Not for anything else.”

“Well then, this is a bonus!” Skye laughed, sitting down next to her. Olive rolled her eyes and bite into her ham sandwich. Chef X walked outside the cafeteria and came over to Olive and Skye.

“Olive, may I speak to you?” Chef X asked. She had an anxious face, and apparently what Chef X wanted to tell Olive was urgent.

“Sure, go ahead.” Olive said.

“Erm, can we speak in private?” Chef X seemed to get even more anxious by the second.

“Ok. Just me?” Olive asked, getting up. Chef X looked at Skye.

“You can tell her later. Now I need to speak to you and you alone.” Chef X pulled Olive into the kitchen. Passed the ovens, passed the freezer, passed the refrigerator and into a door. It was Chef X’s dorm.

thankies. I am still working on it. I usually get inspired at school. Like there is a part in Chapter 4 (I will point it out when I post Chap 4) that I got inspired by in Pre Algebra. I also got the main part inspired in English from spelling vocabulary XD. Just one word inspired me A LOT!

Its ok (Like teh fact that you are taking a wile..cause the story is greatz!)

Wiat as loooonnnngggg as you want *Stares at Wine_Deer* Are you done YETTTT???

xD Jst kidding!

Croweh

[SIZE=21pt]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT I FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE IS CHAPTER 4! ENJOY! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Chapter 4[/SIZE]

“Please sit down.” Insisted Chef X, motioning to a sofa.

“Uh ok.” Olive was still confused about why she was here.

“Olive, I wanted to tell you that lately, things have been quiet at St. Xaviers and it is never quiet here.” Chef X leaned in. “Never. I want-nay, need to know, what your gift is.”

“I control water, why?” Olive’s mind was reeling with questions.

“You-You are the one! At least, one of them! I knew it! Just by looking at you I knew you were one of them!” Chef X’s face brightened.

“Whoa whoa whoa! I am a what? A-And who is, them?” Olive’s mind was reeling with confused thoughts.

“My dear, you’re an ele-” Chef X’s voice was so excited it was shaky.

“Chef X! Your assistance is needed in the kitchen! Save your social life for AFTER meal times!” called a gruff, angry voice.

“I will talk to you later. Right now, I need to help the other cooks.” Chef X hurried over to the kitchen with Olive and began to cook. Olive walked out and sat down next to Skye.

“So what was that about?” Skye wondered, finishing one of her boloney sandwiches.

“I’ll tell you later, right now I lost my appetite. See you in the bedroom.” Olive slowly walked out of the cafeteria and, instead of going to the bedroom, decided to go exploring. Although she was still confused, and her mind was still reeling, she felt she needed to know the school before feeling comfortable living here. A smile slipped on her face as she saw an old fashion type of door. It’s like one of my thrillers. She thought. This, of course, means…. She looked around, and making sure nobody saw, she opened the door and slipped in. The door was heavy and she pulled it open just enough to squeeze in. Olive squeezed in and was halfway in when she felt something on her shoulder. She froze and looked over. It was a hand.

“So, you thought you could sneak in did you?” A familiar voice asked.

Meanwhile…

As Dustin walked to school, he thought about what happened that morning. He could have sworn his hair was red! But, it was just brown, like normal. As he walked to his first class he ran into his science teacher, Mr. Miller.

"Dustin, they need you in the office right away." said Mr. Miller. Confused, Dustin nodded and walked to the office. There, he saw Mrs. Petty, the secretary. She was fairly obese, but barely. She had long brown hair, and ice blue eyes. Many kids called her Mrs. Ice.

"What’s wrong, Dustin?" she asked.

"Mr. Miller told me to come here." he replied.

"Well, just wait a second, please." at that, she scurried of, into the hallway behind her. She returned many minutes later.

"Mr. Phil will like to see you." Dustin walked to Mr. Phil, the guidance counselor's office. As he walked in, Mr. Phil looked up from a stack of papers.

"Ah, Dustin! You see these papers? Well, these are kids with problems they need to have worked out, and I've noticed you give very good advice. Please, will you help the kids?"

"Uh... sure, I guess." replied Dustin. Mr. Phil burst into a smile.

"I knew you'd agree! The fist one comes in… 5 minutes."

"Wha-! I will start immediately?" asked Dustin in a daze.

"Of course! Is that a problem?"

"Uh, I guess not..."

"Well then! Good luck!"

About ten minutes later, the kid came in. It was Jenna, a tall, fairly attractive girl with green eyes and blond hair.

"Dustin, are you counseling me?" she asked, happily confused. Jenna had a very big crush on Dustin, and he knew it. It unnerved him quite often.

"Erm, yes." he replied.

"This is wonderful!" she said dreamily.

"Lets get started, then, what's your problem?"

"Oh, yes.... well....." a sly smile crept across her face. "I don't have a boyfriend...”

This is going to be a loooong day. Dustin thought.

"..... So, just try to get more organized, and that problem should go away,almost instantly." said Dustin to John. John was heavily obese, with black hair that looked like a mop.

"Are you sure? That will help me get more fit?"

"Well, if you exercise and schedule your eating so that you don't eat too much, yes, it should work."

"Thanks, Dustin!" John got up and left. Dustin sighed. He stood up and walked into the office.

"Mrs. Ic-I mean Petty? I am done."

"Good, good! They are now in...." She looks at her watch."4th period."

"Thanks!" Dustin sped off to Band.

"And remember to practice your instruments, because we have a concert Tuesday!" Mr. Clark, the Band Director, stepped of the podium, and everyone started putting away their instruments. Dustin picked up the Snare Drum, and placed it in it's usual spot. Dustin was a percussionist. He was the BEST Snare Drum player in the entire school.

"Dustin, I heard you’re the new guidance counselor." Dustin turned around. It was his friend, Luke.

"Hey, Luke! Well, sorta. Just today, I hope. Jenna was the first person, and it was FREAKY!" said Dustin. Luke was a fairly scrawny kid. He had oddly whitish eyes and hair. He was an albino. "Hey, Luke. I have a secret to tell you....."

"Really!? You are completely serious?" Luke and Dustin were in Dustin's house. "Your hair was, RED?"

"Yeah, it was weird!

"Erm.... well.... Im sorry, Dustin. I can’t believe that story."

"But-!"

"Dude, you know I hate it when people lie."

"Luke, come on man!"

"Dude, I may be gullible, but I didn't think my friend would want to use it."

Back at St. Xaviers…

Olive’s breath was quick and frightened, as she looked up to see who had caught her. She looked at the persons face to suddenly be relieved of the hand on her shoulder.

“Skye!” she cried, surprised to find her friend next to her.

“The one and only!”

“Well, what are you doing here?”

“Finding you.” Skye grinned, looking a bit proud of herself. “I somehow just knew you weren’t gonna really go back to the dorm. This place is too huge… and exciting.”

“I know…hey, you want to, you know, come explore this room with me. I saw the door and I knew it was something like the thriller stories I read. So obviously, I had to go explore it. I mean, who wouldn’t?!”

“Yeah I wanna come! But we better hurry. I have tried to sneak in there 4 times, and all the time Angie caught me. Let’s go.” Skye gave Olive a helpful push, and Olive, still halfway in the doorway, was in the room.

“Alright! Now you try and squeeze in and I will pull you in.” Olive got ready to grab Skye’s arm. She waited a moment and when she felt the warmth of skin on her hand.

“You pull, I squeeze.” Skye instructed. “1, 2, 3!” Olive pulled hard, although she didn’t need to. With both their strength, it was more than enough and Skye fell on top of Olive.

“Ow!” Olive cried.

“Sorry.” Skye said, getting up. “Oh well this is great. We are probably the first ones in here in decades and we don’t have any light.”

“Wait. I always carry around this!” Olive pulled a miniature flashlight.

“Oh yeah, that small beam is gonna support us in this pitch black pit.” Skye said sarcastically.

“Huh, that is what they want you to think.” Olive giggled. She turned on the flashlight and the room filled with a dazzling light that stunned Skye for a moment. “Surprised?”

“Very. Now let’s go. It’s not like we get to do this everyday.” Skye began nervously walking in the cobwebbed and dusty place. Olive followed, her gaze changing to different things. She first looked on the ground, which was made of small pebbles, and there was a railroad track. “It must have been some kind of mine...” Olive thought. She looked at the walls next, which were just cave walls, very dusty and cobwebbed. The same thing with the roof. “Amazing...” Skye trailed off. Olive heard Skye muttering to herself. She could only make out the words, “Decades…Unbelievable…mean something?...chosen…Angie… confused…” It didn’t take Olive too long to figure out what Skye was really saying. She was saying, “It must have been decades since anybody has seen this unbelievable place. Does it mean something? Were Olive and I chosen for this? Why didn’t Angie find us like before? Boy, I’m confused.”

“Me too.” Olive said, not taking her eyes off the railroad.

“You too, what?”

“I’m confused about this too. Why were we the ones who managed to get in here? And why didn’t Angie find us? It’s all confusing.”

“How did you hear what I was saying…?”

“I heard bits of what you said and it didn’t take me long to figure out what you said.”

“Well, what did you hear?” Skye stopped and looked at Olive with a puzzled look on her face.

Olive sighed and repeated, “Decades…unbelievable, mean something? chosen…Angie…confused...”

“Oh.” Skye continued walking.

They continued walking on. There were no turns, no trapdoors, nothing.

“For some odd reason, I feel like something bad is going to happen.” Skye finally said, breaking the silence.

“Nothing bad is gonna happen.” Olive said, a little bit annoyed that Skye had broke the peaceful quiet.

“I have to pee!” Skye exclaimed hopping around. Olive exhaled loudly and rolled her eyes. They continued walking. It seemed like this passageway was going to go on forever, until they got to another door. This one was gold, and very tall.

“Oh…my…god.” Olive said in amazement, staring at up at the door.

“I know, it looks like it’s been polished every day. I wonder why that is.”

“Really? Oh, yeah, it does. I was just saying that because of how big it is. Also that if we don’t go back to our classes soon, Angie will make us stay the entire weekend.” Olive said, pulling Skye away from the door. Skye finally gave up on trying to stay and began to run back to the other door that they came in. When they finally got there, the door was wide open. In such a hurry, they didn’t even notice.

“See ya at dinner!” Skye yelled, running to Mr. Flam’s class which was Science.

“’K!” Olive called back, sprinting to Mrs. Keller’s English class. She got in there just as the bell rang.

“Sit down, sit down!” Mrs. Keller instructed, pushing her spectacles back into place. “Today, we will begin the book, The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan.” Murmurs began to fill the room up. “Settle! Settle! Let’s begin.” She cleared her throat and began reading. She got to Chapter 9 when the bell rang. “Homework- Research one of the gods in this story and explain why you were interested in it. Tomorrow you will turn it in and we will continue on the story. You may depart.” Everybody got up and scattered out into the halls. Remembering that they had to get from class to class in 2 minutes or they will be late, Olive hurried to Math.

She passed Skye who didn’t notice Olive. Olive remembered that Skye had English after her. Shaking her head Olive entered the Math room. For the entire class, Mrs. Gouveia, the cool Math teacher, talked to them about the very wrong answers that people make in math because they make small mistakes, so they should be careful with their problems. She began to give examples with her life. She was just warming up when the bell rang. Again, everybody scattered in the hall, happy that it was breaktime. Olive frantically looked around for Skye, and finally found her reading a book.

“Skye! Hey, whatcha doin?” Olive called out.

“Hey. Uh, reading.” Skye said, glancing up from her book.

“Well, whatcha readin’?”

“The Lightning Thief. Thought I should get ahead.”

“Do you always do this?”

“Only when the book is interesting.”

“I see.” Olive wandered off in the halls, searching for something to do. She was about to go to the bedroom and grab her book to join Skye when she saw Daniel. “Hey Daniel!” she called out, waving. Many people stopped and stared, unable to believe what they were hearing. Daniel was wide eyed and walked over to her.

“Hi. Uh, yeah, in case you haven’t noticed, my social level is about a 1. So uh, you, talk to me, in private ONLY.” Daniel said. Olive opened her mouth in protest but Daniel hurried off too soon. Stunned, Olive walked over to Skye. Finally Skye had put down her book and gotten her things ready and was hurrying off to go to Science.

“Skye! What do you have next?” Olive asked, approaching her.

“Math.” Skye was still stuffing her book in her bag.

“Oh I was just coming from there.”

“Oh. Well I will see you later.” Skye finally got her book in and put her bag on her back. Olive began walking with Skye to the Science lab. When they finally got there, Skye said good bye and walked to the math room, which wasn’t that far from the Science room. The bell rang and Olive went inside, greeted by Mr. Flam, the science teacher.

“Hello. Good day. ‘Sup?” Mr. Flam said, shaking all the students’ hand. Everybody took a seat; of course Olive sat in a chair by the window, so she had a view of the pond, while Mr. Flam went to the front of the room.

“Welcome to Science. I am Mr. Flam. Today we will be discussing the importance of safety with the chemicals we will be using. When using chemicals, it is very important that you walk slowly and watch your step. Some of the chemicals we will be using will be very toxic and can burn you to the bone. Literally. Acids and very thick fluids.” Mr. Flam carried on, naming the main types of chemicals they would use and the procedure of what to do when using them. It felt like it had been all afternoon to Olive, but when the bell rang, she figured out it had only been an hour.

As she walked out of the classroom, she murmured to herself, “Let’s see. Lunch ended at 1:00 PM and after 3 classes, it is 4:00 PM. Just one hour until homework time, and then dinner. I think I can survive.”

“Survive what?” Skye asked, suddenly appearing next to her.

“Whoa! Oh, Skye. The last class. You wouldn’t happen to know what it is, would you?” Olive asked anxiously.

Skye chuckled. “What classes did you already have?”

“Um, English, Math and Science.”

“Me too. But, in a different order.”

“So the last class is…?”

“History. Let’s go.” Skye grabbed Olive’s arm and hurried to Mrs. Handle’s History class.

On the way there, Olive asked, “How long have you been coming here?”

Skye stopped, looked in Olive’s sea blue eyes and said, “3 weeks. I was in the new kids’ class because I get a day off to meet new kids; you can only do this once, and make friends with them.”

“Oh.”

“No! No! It’s nothing like that! I am your friend! Really.” Skye said frantically. Olive was about to reply when the bell rang, and they were in front of Mrs. Handle’s classroom.

“Come in. Come in! We haven’t all day you know.” Mrs. Handle was probably in her 60’s and had snow white hair pulled back in a ponytail. She wore a red shirt, a pale skirt and sandals. “Let’s go. Pick a seat.” Naturally, Olive sat next to Skye.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Skye whispered.

“Silence.” Mrs. Handle said strictly. Everybody was seated and she began the lesson on Sumerians. “The Sumerians were overruled by which city-state? Oh, Skye, you seem like you want to speak. What was Sumer invaded by?”

Skye looked up. She had been explaining, or at least trying to, to Olive. “Uh, Summer-“

“Sumer!”

“Right, right! Sumer was overruled by…uh...erm…Greece?”

“No. Tonya, do you know what Sumer was overruled by?”

“Akkadians. They invaded because Sumer was getting more vulnerable to any attacks and they grasped their chance-” she made a gesture of somebody grasping a pole, “-right away!” she replied snootily.

“Correct.” Mrs. Handle sounded a bit proud. “Skye!” she sounded stern again. “Pay attention next time or you will be sent to Angie for further punishment.”

“Sir, yes sir!” The words popped out of Skye’s mouth before she even knew what she was saying. It didn’t help that Mrs. Handle frowned sternly, making her look more like a military general. The room echoed with laughter and Mrs. Handle banged her measuring stick on the nearest desk, which happened to be Tonya’s, and yelled, “THAT’S ENOUGH!”

Her eyes were boisterous and she looked like she was about to explode with anger. “To. Angie. NOW.” She muttered, teeth clenched so hard that she couldn’t do more than a murmur.

“Can’t we just compromise?” Skye begged.

“NOW!!” Mrs. Handle’s voice was rising.

Skye scuttled out, her hazel eyes filled with fear. Olive knew that the punishments that Angie gave were rough. Yesterday was her first day and she had already gotten a personal punishment from Angie. Now she had to stay until Saturday at noon. Probably gonna have to stay the whole weekend or something close to that. Olive thought, feeling a little guilty. Skye had only been trying to explain to her about the misunderstanding.

For the next 55 minutes, Mrs. Handle was stricter than ever, demanding complete silence when she spoke. “Those who speak will join Skye with Angie.” She had said. Olive couldn’t fix her mind on paying attention to Mrs. Handle’s lesson, because her mind kept coming around to Skye.

Finally, when the lesson was done, Mrs. Handle said, “…and that is why cities in Mesopotamia always started by rivers, like the Euphrates and the Tigris. Homework- write a 3 page report on Mesopotamia. If you weren’t paying attention, use your book! You can leave now.” She sounded almost relieved when she said the last sentence. Everybody sprinted to get out. Olive ran to room C3, where she could start her homework. When she got there, she sat down in her seat where she sat before. Olive remembered Daniel and looked around. Nothing. Not a sign. Reminding herself it is not mandatory to come to this room to do homework thought it is a quieter place; you can also do it in your room. She began on her English.

Poseidon By: Olive Otelia

I chose the god, Poseidon, who is the god of earthquakes, horses and water. The reason I chose him is because he reminds me of my dad, who is the reason I have my gift. A water fairie had, bless her, given him the gift of controlling the water. Well, when he married my mom and had me, I guess his DNA wasn’t all I got from him. Poseidon is one of the Big Three, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades (pronounced hey-deez). I remember reading that after World War II; they made a pact not to have any children, so they do not cause anything terrible to happen. From what I know, they didn’t. There was also that ship that was named after him, but that is a completely different story. Back to the pact after World War II, the brothers remained the same. Hades in the Underworld, while Zeus and Poseidon were bickering. Though, occasionally, they would get a long. Do you remember those days when the weather was terrible and the water in a pond or nearby river was going crazy? Those were the days when Zeus and Poseidon were bickering. When the bodies of water were calm, mellow and beautiful and the weather was warm and sunny with a pleasant breeze, Zeus and Poseidon were getting along. It’s like a team. When a team doesn’t work together and they fight, they won’t accomplish their task. But when they work together, they will not only accomplish the task, they will make it seem like they are better at it than they really are. That is the god I chose, that is why I chose him.

The End

Olive reread it. It seemed fine to her, so she put that away. Glancing at the clock, Olive took out her History binder. It was 5:30. Had it really taken her that long to write that paper? Of course, she did pause now and again, racking her brain for information. Sighing, Olive got to work. She had just finished the page when the 6:45 bell rang.

“Dinner.” Olive muttered, putting her stuff away happily. She trotted off and met up with Skye up in one of the dinner tables.

“Hey!” Skye said. “Homework was tough, huh?”

“Yeah. But Mr. Flam didn’t say what our homework was…”

“If he doesn’t tell you, then there is no homework.”

“Oh.” Olive began serving herself broccoli and pasta. She poured some water into her cup. She took a sip and dug into her food. Olive had never been so hungry before, and food had never tasted so good. Olive was polishing off a pile of vanilla pudding the size of a tricycle back wheel when Chef X came rushing to Olive.

“Olive! Finally I found you!” Chef X sighed in relief, her rosy cheeks redder than usual. “Can we finish that conversation? We have time, I convinced the other workers to begin earlier.” Olive got up and followed Chef X to a familiar door. The door, to Chef X’s dorm.

[SIZE=21pt]SURE TOOK LONG ENOUGH! YOU BETTER LIKE THIS XD JUST KIDDING!!![/SIZE]

*Pokes Wine_deer* Yea, loooonnnngerrr it tookz me three minutes to read! XD

My friend: It takes you twenty minutes to read a book that is two inches thick!

Me: SO?

Friend: Just saying!

Me: *Growl and rips head off* WHoos next?

Michael: *hides*

Me: XD [Fin]

Nice. These are the ideas for titles:

1. Beyond the Ocean

2. The Ocean Gift

I will cast a vote with all of the titles at the end. I entered a writing contest and I AM ONE OF THE FINALISTS!! it is for 6-8 graders and I am in 6. I BEAT OUT MY OWN 8th SISTER AND ALMOST ALL THE OTHERS!!!!!!!! I will find out who wins tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back