Pluto

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebobiac

June 2009 Contest Winner
Reaction score
Not that this poll can change anything, but I'm curious.

I think it should be. It's been a planet for YEARS. The scientists shouldn't be able to change that kind of thing.

i know it should be a planet,just becuz(dont know the persons name)the person died they wanted it not to be a planet,what if then mars wasnt a planet.

I think it was completely pointless to classify it as a Dwarf Planet. Not like it makes any difference in the solar system what it's called anyhow...

My school still had science books from 2001, so it threw us off track when we did an open-book test on the solar system...

It should still be a planet. It's just similar to saying you can't be called [insert name] because your parents died that names you? But I haven't a clue what happened :( .

Eh, I don't really care but it would be nice to have it as a planet again.

Like Dark.Fire my teacher asks us questions of the solar system [particularly nebulas] but she asked me, "Which Dwarf planet has 2 moons which are specified as Nix, Charon and Hydra?" I got confused so I said I didn't know, since I forgot Pluto was a dwarf planet.

'Tis confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care. There's no life on Pluto, so why should it matter?
there no life on mars so why dont they just take all the planets with no life on them.(if thats how u feel)

I didn't really like how they just kicked it out, and I don't think it was hurting anybody being a planet out there..

-however-

We shouldn't be unable to accept new things just because they've been that way for hundreds of years. I mean, we ALL know that the earth goes around the sun and the earth isn't flat, right? You'd better know that. X__x But when these were new theories, hundreds of years ago, people dismissed them. And they killed those guys for saying that stuff.

And they were RIGHT. It's silly now that people believed that stuff.

I know that Pluto isn't exactly something as important as the heliocentric theory. -BUT- What if it's important later? What if the people hundreds of years from now laugh at us for such a silly mistake? And there's no telling what might be important later and what won't be.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Pluto not being a planet anymore. It has no effect on me or my life, so there's really nothing to care about.

Not that this poll can change anything, but I'm curious. I think it should be. It's been a planet for YEARS. The scientists shouldn't be able to change that kind of thing.
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back