Pocket Designer & Watchlin Opinions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamapatchi

Reaction score
What does everybody think about the Pocket Designer and Watchlin?

I really want the Pocket Designer, its a great idea and they look really cute, but the price is so hard to justify for a custom clothing maker, I'm just lucky its being released around the Christmas period.

Watchlin looks adorable but I have no idea what she does so I'm holding my horses before wanting her to much. She would be super cute as a watch to pull together a sweet-lolita or fairy-kei co-ord though ;w;.

Right now, its in the air yet for me what they fully do.

Although, my guess, the watch will somehow be simmilar to the Pinky Catchu from Yes! Pretty Cure 5. Bandai made the product and many other pets from the Precure series...

well the pocket designer is a wonderful idea, and im very excited for it...I love the touch screen that's similar to the DS. also at first I thought the price was crazy for it..but the more I get to know about the item it makes sense and is starting to look like I am actually going to cough up the cash for lol ^.^ there is known to be over 1,000,000 items to design etc. then by the looks of things there are much more than just the fashion aspect because of all the other icons on the home page of the device...im hoping that it will act like a IRDA device that you can hook into your computer and upload the downloads from there and transfer to the p's itself...that would be WONDERFUL o.o

Right now, its in the air yet for me what they fully do.

Although, my guess, the watch will somehow be simmilar to the Pinky Catchu from Yes! Pretty Cure 5. Bandai made the product and many other pets from the Precure series...
What did Pinky Catchu do?

I want that pocket thing as well as the p jobs come to me lol I want new tama stuff

The Pinky Catchu was a watch. Then it had CoCo (squirrel) on the screen animating. Every once and a while, a fairy would show up to catch. (In this case, likely a music note or something tamagotchi themed.) Fairly simple to beat... Although, it would likely be a bit different not fully the same. This is just my guess, I can't confirm it.

Here is a VERY rough translation about the Pocket Designer (lol):

Operating in special design tool ! Touch pen My design spreads the design play ! Communication function touch pen , a combination of color liquid crystal item! Pattern , a pattern, the color , you can enjoy the design play that take advantage of the sense of their own . If you sell in the shop play the design you made ​​, you can let the designer UP my rank . Items were designed , I can use it and send it to Tamagotchi P's of selling. ★ I can design the various items in the sense of their own ! Pattern of " mezzo piano " supervision also included ! " The color of the pattern ?" " What form ? " + " Any pattern ? " + "Color of the cloth ? " + = Mai pick your favorite combination from all 49 species design completion ♪ pattern , pattern all 44 species , 24 color color , the other clothes / access / Contact tool / rice / snack / living / avatar of the original ( portrait ) / card item which is sold at auction and shops to see ! ★ design items you can design an item of about 1 million street UP! designer rank was " designer " rank designer apprentice → New Designer → professional designer → charismatic designer ★ design , products with each other exchange reform ! - Mai Mai design tamagotchi is ! Living me eat rice made ​​it myself ! , wind up being clothed tamagotchi the clothes ! My design can be in -to- core with two Shinya tamagotchi P's of card to convey -to- core - exchange ! feeling the items all in between ! pocket designer sell the items designed in egg city appeared ! · P's Station on the Tamagotchi P's avatar also features convenient ! ★ you can design exchange for a lot of ! from Dream Town of the future ! begins , Rucci coming a bit 'll sister and future of twins who dreams of designer time slip back in time ? new story twins from the profile book / Notepad / scheduler / clock and alarm ● STORY future ? front of two people who keep searching for Tsu Chi Dream Baku together with our Tsu Chi blister that became together ! occasional must be returned to the future Gathering 8 body all the Tsu Chi tamagotchi Dream tapir strange came together two people while looking appeared in , the Tsu Chi tamagotchi · X mask ! Rimubaku of mystery , and grow to learn the joy of design using the design tool pocket designers of the future. Just draws the attractive rich personality , the growth of the heart of decent who towards the dream ! [ Optional battery : AA battery × 2]

IMO doing a Google Translate isn't exactly very helpful...

I'm due to receive mine today - watch this post for my insights ;)

First impressions:

1. It looks smaller than depicted.

2. The touch screen isn't very responsive - it appears that there is a film on the screen that shows a 3x3 4x3 grid that divides the screen into 9 12 "touch zones".

3. It operates on two AA (not AAA) batteries; and they're not included.

4. It comes with a pink scrunchy (I might give this one away :p )

5. It has the same mechanism used on the battery cover like the P's (the device resets when the cover is attached/removed)

6. Sound is very audible; can be disabled.

7. No internet connection; the option "Net" is actually "Tama-Net" - where the games, auction and net shop (where you can buy new patterns, food ingredients and living room appliances)

8. No "boy" option for the Avatar customization (character that appears in your P's notebook when you connect with the Pocket Designer)

9. Miracle Shop game is very confusing if you can't read/understand Japanese.

10. You can change the default "wallpaper" on the main standby screen.

11. LCD screen colours looks too over-saturated

12. The lag is noticeable in the touch screen input

pd1_zpsc7f15dd1.jpg

pd2_zps5b70c921.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, having the grid touch screen type... The Dream Collect (Yes Precure 5...) they must be cousins now... Reminds me so much of it in color and different games and ir modes. I think they pretty much prototyped this item with the Precure item, dah Bandai Japan.... I feel these are recycled. Me being in both fandoms with tamagotchi tones/games instead and that color splash.

A guys review so you can look at them... The Yes! Precure 5 items.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

IMO doing a Google Translate isn't exactly very helpful...

I'm due to receive mine today - watch this post for my insights ;)

First impressions:

1. It looks smaller than depicted.

2. The touch screen isn't very responsive - it appears that there is a film on the screen that shows a 3x3 4x3 grid that divides the screen into 9 12 "touch zones".

3. It operates on two AA (not AAA) batteries; and they're not included.

4. It comes with a pink scrunchy (I might give this one away :p )

5. It has the same mechanism used on the battery cover like the P's (the device resets when the cover is attached/removed)

6. Sound is very audible; can be disabled.

7. No internet connection; the option "Net" is actually "Tama-Net" - where the games, auction and net shop (where you can buy new patterns, food ingredients and living room appliances)

8. No "boy" option for the Avatar customization (character that appears in your P's notebook when you connect with the Pocket Designer)

9. Miracle Shop game is very confusing if you can't read/understand Japanese.

10. You can change the default "wallpaper" on the main standby screen.

11. LCD screen colours looks too over-saturated

12. The lag is noticeable in the touch screen input

pd1_zpsc7f15dd1.jpg

pd2_zps5b70c921.jpg

So you don't like it then? I'm waiting for mine still... wondering whether to sell it on Ebay when it comes if it's not so good? :s

I'm not a fan, but I didn't say I didn't like it. It's full of features actually :D

A scrunchy? LOL as if it wasn't girly enough. :D

I have half a mind to take some black model paint and paint it over when I get mine.

Ra,
if you do Ra than please take pictures and let me know how it goes for the durability of the paint for ex if it ever chips or rubs off cause i wouldnt mind making mine a different color as well when it get here ^.^

A scrunchy? LOL as if it wasn't girly enough. :D

I have half a mind to take some black model paint and paint it over when I get mine.

Ra,
Ra, if ever you did a good job in painting it black I'm definitely sending mine your way for a paint job too.... lol :D show us photos by then ;)

@RA: If you paint it, use spray paint, particularly automotive paint. It'll stick very well and won't chip. You'll need to gloss it after, too. Professional painters who do custom video game console and accessory paint jobs use automotive paint.

If doing by hand, get a PVC primer first to make sure the paint sticks.

@RA: If you paint it, use spray paint, particularly automotive paint. It'll stick very well and won't chip. You'll need to gloss it after, too. Professional painters who do custom video game console and accessory paint jobs use automotive paint.

If doing by hand, get a PVC primer first to make sure the paint sticks.
awesome you sound like you know what er talking about ^.^ have you or do you plan on ever doing a tamagotchi like this? if so can you post pics on a how to for us please <3

awesome you sound like you know what er talking about ^.^ have you or do you plan on ever doing a tamagotchi like this? if so can you post pics on a how to for us please <3
Never done it yet, no. I've just watched and read posts about people who custom paint their game consoles and such. I have an extra Gameboy Color and Pocket I want to customize at some point and resell. But sadly I don't have the time to do it right now. But I do make and paint sculptures, and I've learned through trial and error painting techniques and such.

My horses got on the loose and i want Watchlin so bad OwO She is so cute and i would so wear here around. Always wanted a watch like her <3

I can't wait till she starts popping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back