Pokemon Black and White Tournament

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question Ruby, are your pokemon at the level 50 or above? If you really need to raise your pokemon's levels go find some Audinos and keep knocking them out. It is the quickest way to level up your pokemon.

Jeez, a level 5 Starly can even beat up a level 100 Arceus if you do it right! So just try instead of complain.
Sure, Focus Sash + Endavour + Quick Attack. Though it's an one use strategy, you lose the pokemon after it usually. :c

I just hate ubers. Seriously, can't you play without them? I am sick of seeing Garchomps (and Gengars, but they are not ubers) everywhere. Almost everyone use them.

Oh well, I am just saying. Usually at all forum/site tournaments ubers are banned, so that's why I am saying this.

Well anyways:

Name: Xie

Game Using: Black

Friend Code: 4040 5588 2344

i am gonna lose anyways, lolol :D (Especially at triples, which I never played. I only play doubles usually, so I am weak when it comes to singles too ;_; )

Last edited by a moderator:
So from what I'm hearing, this is how it'll go?

---

This tournament is on JUNE 3.

This tournament will be done in FLAT RULES. So if your Pokémon are LV. 50 or above you're set. If not try finding some Audinos.

In the first round it will be single, second round double, and third round triple.

•RULES•

• Only one Pokémon is allowed to have a sleep inducing move.

• You cannot have two Pokémon of the same species. Eg. Two Dragonites.

• Weaker legendaries like Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres (bird trio), Entei, Raikou, Suicune (beast trio), and Mesprirt, Uxie and Azelf (lake trio) are allowed.

• OHKO (One Hit KO) moves are not allowed. These moves are:

Fissure

Guillotine

Horn Drill

Sheer Cold

• Uber Pokémon are not allowed unless stated otherwise.

Everyone's Friend Code (Sorry, I just wanted them easier to find...!)

LawrenceCabasan (Maker or the tournament)

Name: Lawrence

Friend Code: 5157 2991 0728

Runner

Name: Dublin

Game Using: White

Friend Code: 2795 1518 5588

iHavezMyBirdo

Name: Calvin

Friend Code: 3911-7764-3633

PokemonKid

Name: Darius

Friend Code: 2752 0886 8308

RubyKuchipatchi98

Name: Ryan

Friend Code: 2795 0466 5347

zuz

Name: Xie

Friend Code: 4040 5588 2344

mew0099 (moi)

Name: Tamsyn

Friend Code: 4169 4511 3189

Lawrence, I hope I nothing's wrong with this :\

But my point, zuz was that with the right strategy, you can beat up a stronger pokemon. So :p

Alright, ready for the tournament.

Just a question Ruby, are your pokemon at the level 50 or above? If you really need to raise your pokemon's levels go find some Audinos and keep knocking them out. It is the quickest way to level up your pokemon.
Oh, okay, I'll do just that. They're at level 40 right now, so only 10 more levels to go. :) I usually fight them with the Lucky Egg at the Cold Storage.

But my point, zuz was that with the right strategy, you can beat up a stronger pokemon. So :p

I know :blink:

By the way, to clear the confusion over using ubers and legendaries. I will try to make the list of the allowed and not allowed ones, if I will write something wrong, please correct me! :)

So, from what I know:

Not-Allowed legendaries:

• Arceus
  • Dialga
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys (all forms)
  • Giratina (both forms)
  • Groudon
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Manaphy
  • Mew
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Shaymin (only sky forme)
  • Victini
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem

Allowed legendaries:

• Articuno
  • Azelf
  • Celebi
  • Cresselia
  • Entei
  • Heatran
  • Jirachi
  • Mesprit
  • Raikou
  • Regice
  • Regigigas
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Shaymin (only land forme)
  • Suicune
  • Uxie
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Cobalion
  • Terrakion
  • Virizion

And... few ones I have no idea where to put:

The Unova roaming trio - Thundurus, Tornadus and Landorus,

also Wobbuffet and Wynaut - considering they are ubers not legendaries.

I'm thinking that Celebi and Jirachi shouldn't be allowed, since Celebi and Jirachi can be pretty strong.. And I think the promotional Suicuine, Raikou and Entei's should be banned since they have slightly higher stats than the normal suicuine, raikou and entei. Regigigas should be banned too since Regigigas has really really really high power..

Okay thanks Mew for your helpful post. Also thanks guys for the uber list.

I'm thinking that Celebi and Jirachi shouldn't be allowed, since Celebi and Jirachi can be pretty strong.. And I think the promotional Suicuine, Raikou and Entei's should be banned since they have slightly higher stats than the normal suicuine, raikou and entei. Regigigas should be banned too since Regigigas has really really really high power..
^ Agreed.

Celebi and Jirachi : Huge no-no. The promotional Jirachi from Summer 2010 especially because it knows moves it shouldn't.

Prom. Suicune, Raikou and Entei : Gigantic no-no! Every time there's a tournament I see these three in the opposing party. I mean, it would be fine, but it's not fair because they were only avaliable in America and I live in Canada, therefore DON'T HAVE THEM. It really pi***s me off when I see them, so please remove them from the avaliable list :c

Regigigas : Huge no-no. Too strong.

I think shaymin should be banned too, since shaymin knows seed flare, which equals the grass version of Roar of Time/Spacial Rend/Shadow Force...

And Heatran too, God, no!! It knows a super power fire move (Forgot what it was called), and so no Heatran.

And in general, I think NO promotional pokemon.

I am beginning to not understand everyone. First everyone are like "YEZ ALLOW GARCHOMP YAY" then say a big no-no to Heatran. Interesting - in comparision to Garchomp, Heatran is not an uber.

I just listed legendaries using their tiers, and ubers went to "not allowed" section, while OUs, UUs, and NUs went to "allowed" section. It's just like in competitive gameplay.

Celebi and Jirachi - Yeah, they can be pretty good when you train them properly, don't talk about nooby jirachis throwing Doom Desire left and right. I myself have an Jirachi and planned to use it, but it doesn't have any special moves (It had, but trust me, for me they are completely useless!)and yes, it should be allowed.

Heatran - It's a perfectly normal pokemon, commonly used in competitive gameplay. Okay, it can be good, but it is allowed, so should be here too. I don't really like it, but I am trying to be objective and following the rules. xD

Suicune, Raikou and Entei - Who said they have better stats? LIEZ! I have all three and they don't really have better stats, they just have pretty good natures (which for example, makes a nice boost to Suicune's defense). I never used them though, I just don't like playing with legendary pokemon (except Jirachi, I love it. xD)

And Mew0099 - I live far far away from America, in a little hole named Poland, and I got them, despite no events are ever held in my country. It was a wi-fi event, so everyone were able to get them. :)

Regigigas - I don't care, it's ugly anyway, but it should be allowed, seeing as it is not marked as uber. It's not that strong really, it's ability makes it sometimes useless. Though well, when you surpass it, it can be pretty dangerous.

Shaymin - I hardly see it anyway, maybe I saw it once, and yes, it is a glass cannon, maybe pretty good attacks, but very easy to kill.

To avoid super-legendary teams though, we can make a rule: only one legendary per team, no more. :) (I am tired of seeing 6 legendaries in teams too, don't worry. Though usually those teams are noob teams to my luck.)

Don't be so scared and shout "NO TO THIS/THAT LEGENDARY PLEASE!" if trained properly, even a Weedle or Magikarp can sweep like an uber pokemon. If you don't believe, I can link you to a vids on youtube, where some player kills everything with Unown, Magikarp, Bellsprout and Weedle.

I think it should be that any pokemon that can qualify into the random matchup battles should be able to battle. Including ubers. But just not promos as to be nice to people like mew. Just to let you know, for us in America, the event wasn't wifi. We had to go to the GameStop in the town 3 towns away and then walk through a mall with a bulging original DS.

Sides, the list of what can't be used in random matchup is right here:

Mewtwo, mew, Lugia, ho-oh, celebi, Kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, Jirachi, deoxys, chatot, Dialga, palkia, giatina, Phione, manaphy, darkrai, Shaymin arceus, victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldo, Meloetta, Genosect.

And for some reason, Chatot is banned too.

Copypastaed directly from source.

And for some reason, Chatot is banned too.
Reason: Privacy and/or Protection. If Chatot uses Chatter, then the other player can hear the Chatot's user's voice. There's a chance it could say something along the lines of 'f*** u'.

So are we going by the crappy rules of random battles, or by true rules of competitive gameplay? :/ Jirachi and Celebi shouldn't be banned. I really want to use my Jirachi, because I love it, and funny thing, I almost never use it to attack opponents. It's a full support pokemon for me.

I think it should be that any pokemon that can qualify into the random matchup battles should be able to battle. Including ubers. But just not promos as to be nice to people like mew. Just to let you know, for us in America, the event wasn't wifi. We had to go to the GameStop in the town 3 towns away and then walk through a mall with a bulging original DS.

And awww, that is very unfair I think o.o

Well, not really worse than living here though, because I miss billiards of events due to them being only in USA/UK (stores events) and not here. I wish I got that special Celebi for my collection. :(

And about "to be nice to people who haven't got them" thing. I don't want to be rude but really, it's not someone else's fault that they haven't got event pokemon. I missed a lot too, but who cares about it? Why someone shouldn't use their event pokemon just because someone else haven't got it? That's a little nonsense for me, sorry to say that.

And what makes me wonder... you clearly state no ubers in the first post, then allow someone to use Garchomp which is uber, while using Jirachi/Celebi which are not ubers is not allowed. Decide people please, don't make twisted rules.

I am really sorry if my post sounds rude to anyone (I didn't intend it to sound rude in anyway though), but I just want a fair competition.

By the way! Is the same item used twice or more allowed? (example: player uses Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Caterpie, and Pikachu and Jigglypuff hold the same item, for example Leftovers)

Can I make a suggestion guys? Since I can't WiFi battle... I guess I have been stalking... hehehe. UM.

You guys in the beginning said No "Ubers" Seems like rules have been changing alot.... Whatever legends survive the cut list... Allow 1 and only one legend.

So any pokemon that you can catch in the game and evolve to become awesome/powerful should be allowed and not considered uber. That will just mean you will have more of a challange on your hands. Which is what you guys need in a tournament, yes? Its not about being able to knock out a pokemon in one hit or element powers... Its about stratagy and tactic. Keep that in mind.

The Chatot removel is a good idea. (Considering it has chatter) I didn't even think of that move... But um... Doesn't the WiFi battle area use chat anyway? Given I haven't battled since Diamond/Platinum sadly.... (Friend in NY couldn't connect anymore)

Name: Jade

FriendCode: 0561 7412 5992

Finally, after almost a week of no sleep, I am able to register and finally have my team up to level 50. I have no Legendaries in my team ^_^ It's fine, like mentioned above, it's all about strategy anyways and if anything, I'm just here to have fun and to try my best. I'd just love to see how my beautiful Pokemon fares. So good luck to everyone!!! Let's keep the battles fair and square!!! This is sooo exciting :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back