Popularity

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think popularity matters?

• Umm...Yeah! Being popular means I'm COOL!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, what matters is being just yourself! :)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heheh. Me, popular? Good luck. No, I'm not extremely popular. They even did a secret test on me, and they kinda told me about it later... Here's pretty much a replay.

M: I get all my clothes from Limited Too.

Me: Nah. Too pink, frilly, and girly for me.

M: NO WAY!

Me: .... Um, yes way?

M: Fine. Then where do you shop?

Me: ........ Wal*Mart..

M: *Looking at me like I'm white trash* ... I could've just imagined...

Me: Oh, and what's that supposed to mean, miss priss?

M: *Storms off, looking kinda stupid*

There you go. That would be me. Anti-Girly. There you go. At school, I'm me with my friends. At a friend's house, I'm me. But around other people, I hardly bother talking, because I always think they're gonna have some snide remark about how I look or dress, or something like that, just because they think they're better than me.

No, I'm not very popular. But it doesn't bother me. Popularity is overrated, in my opinion. :puroperatchi:

Someone in my class, Brianna €ullen (just wanted to use the icon, LOL) thinks she is sooooo smart. Whenever I'm whispering VERY QUIETLY, she goes like this, "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!", so I say, "SHHHHHHH" to shut her up. I think her thinking she is so popular and her saying shhhhh is fun cause I just get to be mean back. XD

I don't think the label of being 'Popular' truly matters.

'Popular' girls at my school can act like total snobs.

True popularity takes on a whole different meaning.

And if you want to be truly popular, loyalty, understanding and respect is neccessary.

Be yourself! Trying to fit in never goes well.

'Mean Girls' aren't truly popular.

They struggle to fit in just like everyone else, and make mistakes too. Queen Bees are just like us, be tend to be a lot snobbier. and stuck-up.

Why can't we all realize that popularity does'nt matter as much as having true friends that we can actually count on?

-Rachel

I have freinds in life. We act stupid and have fun. I have no need to be popular.

^__^ Thats an easy one.

I'm not popular. My friends aren't popular.

Popularity just gives people a nasty edge. It doesn't really do anything for you. In most cases. A lot of people I think of as popular are really nice. But I only think of them as really nice because they are all in awe of my art. And they only talk to me to see what I've been drawing.

(No seriously. It's one thing to say that my art is good. It's another to say that people who look at my art think that I'm good. It's yet another thing to have people on the internets tell you that your art is good.)

-sigh- The circle goes round and round..

All I can say is I hate preppy girls (which also means the popular people at my school)...they're rude all the time, they think they're better than everybody, and all that other stuff. :( They're all snobs too. I'm in the middle though...i'm not popular but i'm not a loser. I'm fine with that too...me and my friends are all in the middle...except 2. The 2 that aren't in the middle are popular but are nice and are my friends.

Popularity sucks in my opinion. If you want to be popular at my school, you can't even if you tried (If you did people would make fun of you and you'd be "at the bottom" like me.) The girls that were popular in 1st grade always have been popular. There haven't been any additions since, trust me.
If you still wanna try, follow these instructions! Even though no one wants to be a mini-Paris Hilton.

1. Wear clothes from American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Aeropostale. No thrift stores or hand-me-downs at all!!

2. Straighten your hair every day if you don't have naturally straight hair. There's never been a popular girl with curly hair.

3. Fail in all your classes - fashion and what's hot is much more important than your future!

4. Go anorexic and make it so serious the outcasts will all look morbidly obese to you.

5. Listen strictly to mainstream music. No exceptions.

6. Make sure you get a boyfriend. Break up with him in about a week, then date some other guy for only a week, etc.

7. Think that the rebels are weird. There's nothing wrong with society - it's absolutely perfect in your vision.

8. Think all the same things that other people do. Just don't turn into a weird rebel from it.

9. Use any or all the outcasts that get on or close to the honor roll.

And why would anyone do that anyway?
I'm not saying I'm popular or anything like that, but mt friends and I are considered popular I guess you could say, but at my school we dont really have that system anymore. Were all friends pretty much, and most of what you wrote isn't true.

We wear thrift store clothes and handmedowns.

Some of my best friends have curly hair, and are "popular".

All the "populars" are smart with 80% average.

I listen to some of the crapiest music ever, and people treat me normal.

Well you get the idea. I don't believe the term "popular" even exists, if these popular people are so horrible, then why are they looked up to?

Popular should mean having good friends and good grades, nothing more.

Sorry everyone, this post makes no sense.

Popularity is:

Shallow.

I know so many 'cool' people in my class, they make fun of geeks and nerds. I won't label myself as a geek or a nerd, but I do know some really stupid popular people who make fun of people every single day. In my school, you either be popular, or be unpopular.

But the one thing I like about my high school,

is that there really isn't any "cool" or "popular" people.

Since our school has such a huge population everyone

just hangs out with just there friends, so nobody really cares

about what other people wear or do. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back