Post-High School V1 Adventures

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhereEaglesDare

Reaction score
Last week I celebrated my graduation from high school. The good news is, I never have to mandatorily attend school again. The bad news is, all my friends are sophomores and I'm always alone in the house with my biting cat, so I decided to put batteries in my V1 and keep a "pet" to keep me company.

I hatched Jimbo at about 3:30 PM on Tuesday. He went through the usual baby phase (pooping constantly, a sickness, a nap, etc.) I do feel I was a bit negligent throughout this stage. I was focused on my new Animal Crossing: City Folk game that I didn't bother to feed him when his hearts emptied one by one, so he did beep at me a few times.

The Marutchi stage wasn't the greatest either. I missed a time out because I was, once again, playing Animal Crossing. Otherwise I gave him the discipline he needed, and he only beeped at me for food or happiness once or twice. I found that I was stuck with the mentality of "It's OK if only half the hearts are filled for now. It takes hours for the meters to empty." Based on my terrible care of Jimbo in the Marutchi stage, I would've expected a Hinotamatchi, but because the default teenager in Gen. 1 is Ichigotchi, that's what I got. When he ran low on happiness I gave him several snacks in a row...which caused him to get a toothache. I cured it and he was OK. I believe I praised him once before he went to bed last night.

Today was OK. Last night I had to stay overnight in a sleep lab; I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and they're trying to fit me with a CPAP mask, needless to say my night was dreadful and I'm glad Jimbo was asleep the whole time. Because it was so difficult to sleep with the mask on, I was very tired when I came home this morning, and took a long nap. I was awakened by a call for praise, but I was half asleep so I accidentally hit the time out button. Oops. The rest of the day I tried to keep his meters full and I disciplined him correctly. He currently has six training bars and is down one happy heart. He tips the scales at 97 pounds. I've given him too many snacks.

I'm not expecting a Mametchi. Maybe a Kuchipatchi, or a Tarakotchi after that stunt I pulled by giving him a time out instead of a praise. And that he's sleeping with a happy heart empty. I just don't know. I'm not aiming for any specific character so we'll just have to see how things turn out on Saturday when he grows up again.

Jimbo and I had a fairly good day today. Throughout the day I saw him periodically singing/dancing and running and falling flat on his face. His poop output seemed to be on high today for some reason. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention to how much he poops until today. Either one is possible.

His training bar is full now ^_^ I do, however, have a few concerns for the future. For one thing, he had another toothache today - from just ONE candy. That doesn't make any sense considering that last toothache he had THREE. Second, he is overweight. I often find myself in a hurry so I've been giving him snacks more than I have been playing with him. I don't think that's very good at all.

Tomorrow is judgement day. The day Jimbo changes into an adult. I have no idea what is to become of him, but I'm guessing since he has full discipline he won't be a Masktchi *yes!*. If I had to guess I'd say he'll probably be a Kuchipatchi. I'd like that. Because I haven't been aiming for any specific character, whatever Jimbo becomes will tell me what my average caregiving score is. So hopefully it'll be somewhat good.

In other news, I'm looking to put batteries in my P1 and fire that up again. More Tamagotchi fun!

EDIT: In yesterday's post, I talked about sleep apnea and CPAP. If you have questions about what sleep apnea is all about, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimbo surprised me a great deal today. He became...a Mametchi. COMPLETELY unexpected. He's been pretty easy since his change. However, he is currently sleeping with poop by his bed. Oopsie poopsie *pun intended*.

So I fired up my P1 today. I hatched Sascha, named after KMFDM frontman Sascha Konietzko. Yes, he is a boy. I'm going to include what happens to him in this log as well. After the baby stage, which I epically failed at because the hearts empty like every 5 minutes or so, he became a Marutchi. It seems like the hearts empty every half hour for a Marutchi, so he has beeped at me a few times for food/happiness. He called for discipline one time, so I gave him a good "shouting". But when he wanted the lights turned out tonight, I was mad because I HAD to have a Jones soda and wouldn't give my attention to anything else until I got one, so I didn't bother to turn them off. I did end up turning them off after the call icon turned off. Sascha and I are off to a mediocre start. Maybe things will get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today wasn't a very good day at all. Because of my sleep disorder I get very tired and require regular naps, and because I was at a friend's house all day yesterday I didn't get any naptime in, I slept almost all day today. Both Jimbo and Sascha faced neglect. But let's talk about Jimbo first.

Because Jimbo is now an adult, I've been relying on the fact that his hearts don't drop so fast. But he beeped at me at some point during the day and I woke up to find all of his meters empty with two piles of poop next to him and he was sick. It took two or three inoculations for him to heal and I fed him accordingly. For the rest of the day I continued to let his hearts drop, but he did not get sick again. I did him a favor and shut his lights off early. He was very happy about that.

Sascha needs to beep at me when he wants something. Seriously. His meters will empty and he will not beep. So every time I woke up during my five-hour-long nap I found empty meters but he had not beeped. He called me for no reason at one point, and I was too tired to discipline him. I can't seem to keep his meters full no matter how hard I try, especially since he keeps making me lose the guessing game. He is currently asleep with a poop next to him. But at least I turned the lights off tonight. I am guessing tomorrow he will become a Kuchitamatchi, because my care of him has been dreadful. In which case I shall hope for a Kuchipatchi as an adult.

Let's see what tomorrow brings for Jimbo and Sascha. Hopefully something better than today.

Jimbo was very boring today. Nothing remotely special happened with him. I did see quite a few of the special animations though. He has come up close to the screen and bowed his head and has taken a bath. I put him to bed tonight when he yawned. That should do him good.

Sascha's fate is completely cut out for him now. I can already tell he is to become a Masktchi. He was sick this morning and became a Tamatchi this afternoon. I was NOT expecting the good teen, but I guess that's just what I got. I've been letting him beep at me for attention (I discovered that he will only beep when BOTH his meters are empty and not just one) and I ignored his call for discipline this evening because I was busy watching videos from my childhood. NOTHING, not even a Tamagotchi, will interfere when I'm having a blast from the past. Period. Exclamation point. Sascha is sleeping right now. I'm thinking of just giving up on the discipline altogether. I'll get a Masktchi regardless.

Tomorrow Jimbo's going to have a visit from the Matchmaker. I'm ready to move on to the next generation. This is why I don't like Mametchi's; they are BORING.

The Matchmaker came and...it's a boy! I plan to name him Harry. I might try for a Mimitchi. That'd be cool. I forgot to turn out their lights tonight...guess I just didn't hear them beeping.

With Sascha I'm just being natural. He hasn't asked for any discipline today, which is fine because I'm giving up with the discipline since I know what road he's headed down anyway. Maybe the Tama that comes AFTER Sascha will be a Kuchipatchi. I can only hope.

Well right now there's not much to say. So I'm gonna leave you all for tonight with this.

I apologize for the lack of updates. So much has been going on during these last few days. Before I talk about my Tamas, I would like to dedicate this post to Michael Jackson, who passed away two days ago. Jackson had a huge impact on my childhood and I wish to keep it alive for as long as I am. May he rest in peace.

Now, let me update you on my V1. Jimbo has left and his son Harry is currently in my care. He went from Babytchi to Kinakomotchi to Young Mimitchi, which is his current stage. He has a full training bar and is being taken care of in a way that will probably make him a Mimitchi.I am quite confident about Harry's future.

Sascha is still with me. He became a Masktchi a few days ago. He and I recorded a dance video of him dancing to Somebody's Watching Me in honor of Michael Jackson. I may put it up on YouTube depending on how it looks on a computer screen. But anyway, Sascha is very easy to take care of. I think that's a sign of good health. He let's me win the game almost every time which makes it easy for me to fill up his happy hearts. I predict there will be more fun with Sascha in the remainder of his life, perhaps even a transformation into the secret character!

Latest posts

Back