Preteen Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mametchi_Queen

Reaction score
First of all, I have no intentions whatsoever of leaving my friends, cuz i luv them and im so lucky to have them.

But they r kind of eccentric and as we r getting to be juniors in middle school (5-8th grades, so 7 does make me a junior) its getting bad. my group is teased, not in a huge way, but like 'ur so weird and act immature". Now that we r older, boys r just starting to ask girls out and that bcums and issue for my group.

See, im not exactly like them. Yeah, in 5 and less in 6, I would join their strange activities (and it wasnt inappropriate, just wild). But now i want to do one or both :

1) sorta introduce them to the idea of being more mature for the sake of guys

2) try to be a separate being and get guys to understand im not exactly like my friends

the 2nd option will involve doing things separate from my bffs so people can get to know me apart from them

the 1st ... im not so confident that all of my friends will agree with a SLIGHT growing up ... guys involved or not.

any suggestions for escaping my rep w/o leaving my friends is appreciated!!!

well, i have a few friends that ARE GUYS. Best friends. But not to be taken seriously.

but i never really hang out with girls :p

cecib :D

Well, if you want to stride away from them just a little to become your own person then making some new friends outside of your current friendship group would be a great idea, but do not leave them entirely.

If you make some new, more mature, friends then you can still have a little wildness with your current mates, but also have some new friends who you can have fun in a sensible way with! However, you do have to be prepared that, once you start making new friends as well, people may talk about it, and there is every chance that your current mates could take offence. This is going to happen, and there's nothing you can do to fully stop their feelings of "Doesn't she want to be our best friend any more?" because the fact is, their way of having fun does not appeal to you as much as it did. I suggest you still spend time with them, so as to not be awful, but make new friends as well.

If you suddenly just leave them one day, before making new friends, you'll find yourself alone, and boys won't admire that in you any more than they do at the moment!

So, to sum this long post up, stay their friends but become friends with more people (maybe even the boys themselves?) to establish new and sensible relationships with others. Your current friends will soon see that you've changed and you won't have to be like them as much. Hopefully they will respect and welcome your new mature reputation. But don't be upset if you still stay one of the 'wild girls' for a while, reputations take a long time to build up.

I do.

I have mixed feelings about him. One second I like him so much, then the next I feel like I want to break up the next minute I see him. I don't know what to think. I'd rather be on my own D=

I hang out with guys more than girls. Oh sure, I have a few girl bffs here and there, but my guy friends? I'd say I have over 50.

Well, if you want to stride away from them just a little to become your own person then making some new friends outside of your current friendship group would be a great idea, but do not leave them entirely.
If you make some new, more mature, friends then you can still have a little wildness with your current mates, but also have some new friends who you can have fun in a sensible way with! However, you do have to be prepared that, once you start making new friends as well, people may talk about it, and there is every chance that your current mates could take offence. This is going to happen, and there's nothing you can do to fully stop their feelings of "Doesn't she want to be our best friend any more?" because the fact is, their way of having fun does not appeal to you as much as it did. I suggest you still spend time with them, so as to not be awful, but make new friends as well.

If you suddenly just leave them one day, before making new friends, you'll find yourself alone, and boys won't admire that in you any more than they do at the moment!

So, to sum this long post up, stay their friends but become friends with more people (maybe even the boys themselves?) to establish new and sensible relationships with others. Your current friends will soon see that you've changed and you won't have to be like them as much. Hopefully they will respect and welcome your new mature reputation. But don't be upset if you still stay one of the 'wild girls' for a while, reputations take a long time to build up.
I totally agree. :ichigotchi:

There is nothing wrong in having friends in all sorts of groups. I am a "floater" - or someone who isn't considered in one group and is friends with many different people.

People mature at different times and again, no shame in that. But just because you have different interests doesn't mean you have to drop one group to gain another.

And, if I may point this out, probably 99.99999% of guys aren't worth "dating" in middle school. Why? Well, same problem. Girls mature differently from guys. Guys generally 'mature' later than girls. I've seen it a thousand times and it all ends up the same - girl and guy "go out" and then a few weeks later they break up.

It's just not worth it. In most cases it can be even more destructive at such a time. It may give you a bit of a high for a bit but then you break up, everyone is talking about you and a lot of time you lose the relationship all together.

Friendships can be hard to manage sometimes but always remember that even though your current bffs may be a bit immature, if they really are your friends they will always have your back. Don't forget that. Your relationship with them is priceless - don't screw it up on your quest to be "mature". :kuribotchi:

I think that at my age (14) it is not necessary. There is no need for a boyfriend. I surround myself by really great guys who are fun to hang out with. I'm not so much into the whole dating thing. When the right guy comes... he will be the one to make the move... and I won't know I like him until he tries. :pochitchi:

There's no need for a boyfriend at this age. I'm 13 and I've rejected so many guys. I've even been bullied and harassed for rejecting guys, but my mom calls the principal about that.

I agree with bratzrockg and tamaw/pants. If you really need to, make some new friends in different groups.

Date when you feel your seriously ready. Middle school relationships can be real cheese.

Also, shoot for the more mature guys.

And my friends absolutely hate guys, while I like a few of them. In facts, I'm still BFF with them, but I have a few guy friends in some other classes, which is going fine for me. Of course, I do tell my BFFs that I'm so Mrs. Squidward Tentacles. XD

i agree with mostly everyone has to say

i dnt really hang with one single group :angry:

i have countless friends

and if im not like hanging with the usual friends

then i look around some areas and sure enough i'll find a friend or 2t0o spend the day with

haha im awesome like that

but during school i usually stick with my best friends and like the popular people,but i do hang with the nerds,the ghetto and the others etc....

everyone is fun to hang with and with girls? hm...

haha im a dude so ima give my point of veiw

well the girls from i am are like to demanding,dramatic,and t0o sensitive,cruel, and lik so0o many other cons

but yeah theres always those hand full of girls that are awesome

like my best friend

i love her so much

shes so fawesome =DDD

I totally agree. :huh:
There is nothing wrong in having friends in all sorts of groups. I am a "floater" - or someone who isn't considered in one group and is friends with many different people.

People mature at different times and again, no shame in that. But just because you have different interests doesn't mean you have to drop one group to gain another.

And, if I may point this out, probably 99.99999% of guys aren't worth "dating" in middle school. Why? Well, same problem. Girls mature differently from guys. Guys generally 'mature' later than girls. I've seen it a thousand times and it all ends up the same - girl and guy "go out" and then a few weeks later they break up.

It's just not worth it. In most cases it can be even more destructive at such a time. It may give you a bit of a high for a bit but then you break up, everyone is talking about you and a lot of time you lose the relationship all together.

Friendships can be hard to manage sometimes but always remember that even though your current bffs may be a bit immature, if they really are your friends they will always have your back. Don't forget that. Your relationship with them is priceless - don't screw it up on your quest to be "mature". :eek:
I agree.

There are four groups of girls in our class. I don't belong in any of them and I don't want to.

There are two groups who are constantly at rival. It's not worth being in a group.

And as for boys. I had a boyfriend. He was great. but he mmoved away. Anyway most of them aren't worth it.

[SIZE=10pt]I have crushes and hang out with guys, but I don't think that I should date until maybe after I finish up middle school this year. [/SIZE]

Seriously though, I don't think that right now I should have a boyfriend.

I have a lot of friends who are guys, and I think it would throw off a great friendship actually being anything more than freinds. It just isn't worth it. Many girls have guy freinds and I think that it can be a cool thing sometimes. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a guy, but I've never had a girlfriend or anything. A have a couple of friends that are girls, but I don't like them in that way. I don't want to ask them "out". I think it's better if you just stay friends and wait until you are ready. It's much less stress and much less dating topics on TamaTalk. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
If by boyfriend you mean a heterosexual girl's or homosexual boy's romantic partner, then yes I have had a boyfriend (just not at the moment. I don't really want one right now.)

If by boyfriend you mean a friend who happens to be a boy, then yes. Three.

[SIZE=13pt] :eek: !! Everyone pretty much said what was needed to be said! ^^)/)[/SIZE]

But just remember that middle school relationships don't last. >.>"

:/ I've tried it...And it doesn't work. x_x"

It'll just make your heart sore.

Don't try looking for your sufficient other. :3

Cause he'll come to you. ;3

:D ...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back