Problem with my teeth?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Band Geek

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not sure if it's a ACTUAL problem, but more like... Pain.

Anyways, I play Brass, which uses a Mouthpiece, and EVERYTIME I use my mouthpiece... My teeth hurt, not my mouth, my TEETH. I'm really confused why this happens, I think it's the size of the mouthpiece, its a 12C.. But mind you, trombone mouthpieces are $60....

I have two mouthpieces. One's a Cecillio brand MP, and the other is a Faxx.

They are both the same size. Even worse? I can't find Faxx mouthpieces for Trombones. ANYWHERE. D:<

Discuss:

Why is this happening?

Perhaps you have sensitive teeth. Do they go tingly after having a very cold snack/drink? If they do, then your teeth mist be sensitive. You can use Sensodyne, it's helpful with me.

Do you have braces/metal fillings where the mouthpiece touches? If so, the metals might be clashing, making your teeth hurt.

If not, then I dunno, good luck getting it sorted.

Why not discuss this with your Band Director - or other Music Teachers / staff.

If one of the staff plays trombone, they may be able to explain if it is something directly related to the mouthpiece or size of it or they may be able to tell you that there shouldn't be any problem and it must be something else - in which case, maybe a chat with the orthodentist?

Even if you get another TamaTalker saying "ZOMG that happens to me!" - it's still worth your while asking advice from an adults with experience of playing brass instruments ^_^

Perhaps you have sensitive teeth. Do they go tingly after having a very cold snack/drink? If they do, then your teeth mist be sensitive. You can use Sensodyne, it's helpful with me.
Do you have braces/metal fillings where the mouthpiece touches? If so, the metals might be clashing, making your teeth hurt.

If not, then I dunno, good luck getting it sorted.
I don't have braces.

TM:

My Band director only plays very few brass instruments, but my Chrous director plays trumpet and Horn, I'll try talking to her tomorrow! Thanks.

If you get the same thing when you drink something, it's not sensitive teeth. It's because you most likely have a rotting tooth, and either need it filled or a root canal.

Trust me, I need a root canal for one of my teeth because it's "sensitive" Turned out that there was a cavity that had already started to dig into the gum.

Only reason I can think of, never heard of sensitive teeth before.

Um..

I'm not sensitive to anything,but thanks!

No. It's not that kind of pain, it feels like my teeth are being pushed backwards... o_o But I always put my hand on my teeth, and nothing happens...

Also, I think it was the mouthpiece i used before.. But I'm not entirely sure, I'll keep you posted.

The vibrations are probably just annoying you're gums, thus annoying the nerves in your teeth.

It's like biting your pinky fingers are and then latching them together and pulling.

It shouldn't actually harm your teeth. How long have you been playing your instrument? It could be that you're not used to it yet. This was normal for both my brothers when they started playing trumpet.

I wouldn't worry about it but if it persists I would recommend talking to your dentist the next time you have a checkup if it bothers you that bad.

Trust me, I know what I'm saying, my dad is a band director.

Why not discuss this with your Band Director - or other Music Teachers / staff.
Yes, maybe you should ask your band director. Do you have braces? Sometimes that's the problem. Or, sometimes when your teeth are crooked or have a cavity it hurts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back