protect your tama!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalover207

Reaction score
so, many people have pretty banged up tamas, right!? well u probably wont want that to happen to your new ones, so here is a protecting guide!

1. put a coat of clear nailpolish or glaze for polymer clay over your shell to protect it! a good glaze brand is sculpey gloss or satin glaze for polymer clay.

2. cut a phone screen protector like ghost armor(or a cheaper knockoff) to fit your screen, and stick that on. works for the infra-red too.

3. make a felt pouch for your tama! just sew or glue felt into a good size pouch for your tama. or get a "gotchi gear" pouch.

4. dont keep him in with keys of other sharp objects. instead, keep him on a lanyard around your neck.

5. ALWAYS keep an eye on your tam. he could get lost or fall out of your bag or lanyard!

hope i helped, bye!

clear nail polish is NEVER a good idea, it will make your tamagotchi uneven and give it a lumpy feeling and depending on what kind it is it will smudge the paint or design. nailpolish is NEVER a good idea for "protecting" or painting any kind of plastic.

putting it in a clear plastic bag helps as well as it is protected from the oils of your skin which leads to design fading.

Best advice I can give is get a case for it and use a screen protector.

cases can be made form numerous things. go get a sock. or a small makeup pouch, keep it in their when not in use.

I've been attempting mini crocheting, though I havent done crochet since I was like 10, if I can get it right I plan to make a cover for my tama ID L once it comes. With mini crochet it'd be thinner than using yarn.

I did the third one, make a felt pouch.

I got a green price of cloth, cut out two peices, sewed them together and put a button to open and close it

I keep my ID L in a sock while it's in my purse's front pocket. I took a cute sock with a design and cut from the top of the sock (where you'd first put your foot in) to right above the ankle part, and slide my ID L in there. It could, theoretically, fall out one side or the other- but It doesn't have much space to move in my purse pocket. It's simply to protect it from getting scratched.

If you're super lazy, you can staple one side shut.. or just sew it, haha. $1 pouch in 10 minutes. Whoop.

I've crocheted pouches for all of my tamas (except the home dekas lol) and I've realised a thing:

Some kinds of yarns will give tiny scratches to the tamas!

I've just decided to fodder(is it the right word? used google translate :mellow: ) the pouches with soft fabric, to avoid further scratching. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back