Public Displays of Affection- PDA

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama_angel_lover

Reaction score
Ok so at my school during a passing period all I did was hug my boyfriend and a teacher was standing near by and she told us that we needed to stop. she said she was apparently tired of telling us to stop every day (I'd never even seen her before and she's never talked to us ever before) The most I have ever done with anyone is public was hold hands, and hug. What's wrong with that? I'm not like making out passionately in the middle of a hall way or anything. Anyways she was threatening us with serious consequences and calls to our parents (yeah go ahead and call my mom and tell her I was hugging my boyfriend) and when we said "but all we did was hug" she said that even hugging was not ok. I'm sorry but that is incredibly stupid to me. I think I should be aloud to just hug my boyfriend, and there's nothing wrong with just holding hands either.

I would really like to hear others opinions. :eek:

Huh?

So, you couldn't even hug someone who isn't your boyfriend because of "PDA"?

I mean, snogging in public, thats one thing that shouldn't be done, but just a hug is not 'PDA' its a hug. -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
What the heck? hugging is bad?

schools are run by physcos these days, could you try hugging him when shes not around?

Don't take her cowpatties! tell your mom but don't tell the principal

i think it's okay to hug in school. and hold hands. i hug people all the time, i just do it when the teachers are gone; we have a PDA rule too. i think it's whack to say hugging is bad.

~_~

i hate that. my friend got detention because she hugged her friend who was a guy, they weren't even going out!

teachers annoy the poo out of me

Hugging somebody is not PDA, that teacher must be depressed or something.

I say keep hugging him when that teacher's around so she will call your

parents then your mom or dad can talk to the principale, the teacher could get

in trouble. I ALWAYS hug my girlfriend and I hug my best friends that are

girls too. It's just a friendly hug.

Same thing in my school. But that's only inside of the school. If we're outside after school they could care less about what we do...sort of. lol

I heard in one school ALL pysical touch isnt allowed, including high fives or hand shakes.

but PDA is ok but being told off for just hugging is plain stupid

I hug my friends in the hallway but not when I'm in the middle of a class so I don't get in trouble.

I hate PDA because a hug should not count as a public display of affection.

If it becomes anything beyond a hug (like make out sessions as people have already said) then that should count.

*sigh* I remember in elementary school my dog had passed away and that day at school my best friend gave me a hug. We then got in trouble, even though I was crying and explained the situation. That was 6 years ago and I imagine it has only gotten worse with time.

I understand the necessity of a zero tolerance policy because bending the rules for one means bending the rules for all and then there is no purpose for the rule. However, platonic hugging is not something we want to be discouraging. Hugging friends is an amazing thing that we can share with each other.

Ok so at my school during a passing period all I did was hug my boyfriend and a teacher was standing near by and she told us that we needed to stop. she said she was apparently tired of telling us to stop every day (I'd never even seen her before and she's never talked to us ever before) The most I have ever done with anyone is public was hold hands, and hug. What's wrong with that? I'm not like making out passionately in the middle of a hall way or anything. Anyways she was threatening us with serious consequences and calls to our parents (yeah go ahead and call my mom and tell her I was hugging my boyfriend) and when we said "but all we did was hug" she said that even hugging was not ok. I'm sorry but that is incredibly stupid to me. I think I should be aloud to just hug my boyfriend, and there's nothing wrong with just holding hands either.
I would really like to hear others opinions. :)
Of course there is nothing wrong with hugging! Even if someone isn't your boyfriend and is just your friend or something people hug each other all the time! My boyfriend used to put his arms around my waist or shoulders. And we held hands and hugged.We broke up a while ago though. He was really immature. He embarassed me EVERYWHERE.

My school must of missed out on this one, I saw people lying on top of each other at school about a week ago, several teachers saw and didn't seem to give a fork, although me and my bf got caught kissing, not making out and the teacher was kinda rude XD

I hug my friends and my girlfriend all the time. Everywhere you go at my school there will be couples kissing, hugging, holding hands and sitting on laps. I dont mind PDA. Me and my girlfriend don't kiss in public though.

I hug my friends, guys and girls, everyday. And I believe that there is nothing wrong with that. Making out? Huge difference. now that's something you gotta do in private, for everybody else's sake.

o....m....g!!! that's messed up. Our school's teachers are out in the hall 24/7 and they tell a HECK of a lot of people "PDA!" but...i guess its my invisable personality that makes the teachers completely unaware of my existance lol. My boyfriend glomped me(tackle hug) in the middle of a hallway and nothing happened. i heard no."STOP! PDA!" or anything. I guess i just got lucky =]

eh, I like hugging. I do it all the time. Ive gotten an ISS (in school suspension) for it.

I don't like that people crack down on others for it. I don't get the point of holding hands do hugging is more my thing to do, any thing else is not right for the public (I hate two kids I know, always snogging and no one does a thing about it. The girl is such a showoff.)

PDA is not the best thing in the world.

I agree!! Unless people are kissing then they should be happy you guys had a relationship!! thats just the way teachers are i guess

We don't have PDA, But people know not to make-out in public, just a peck and a hug. This girl loves to hug EVERYONE!! (litterally) xD

She hugs and hugs. The boys and girls, she loves to hug everyone! She hugs me sometimes! XD

Some boys even say, "Why doesn't EXTREMELY Hawt girls hug boys like that?" She's pretty cute though. (NOT IN THAT WAY!xD)

She's friends with everyone, she has a boyfriend she hugs and kisses, (cute but they do that a lil' TOO much.) and she hugs everyone. No-one cares. I love my School. <_<

~SG~

We don't have PDA, But people know not to make-out in public, just a peck and a hug. This girl loves to hug EVERYONE!! (litterally) xD
She hugs and hugs. The boys and girls, she loves to hug everyone! She hugs me sometimes! XD

Some boys even say, "Why doesn't EXTREMELY Hawt girls hug boys like that?" She's pretty cute though. (NOT IN THAT WAY!xD)

She's friends with everyone, she has a boyfriend she hugs and kisses, (cute but they do that a lil' TOO much.) and she hugs everyone. No-one cares. I love my School. :ichigotchi:

~SG~
One word.

Lucky.

I wish we didn't have PDA at my school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back