Puella Magi Saga

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuranboy

Reaction score
**This is a continuation of a previous RP that will take place about a year in the future from the last post in the original topic; please take the time to read through the previous posts here in order to make sure you stay coherent to the current plot.**

Storyline: Puella Magi are magical human beings who are contracted with Incubators. Incubators are aliens who are far more technologically advanced than humans and posess supernatural powers. When a human contracts with an Incubator, they are granted one wish. In exchange, that human must hunt and kill witches for the rest of their existence. Witches are evil creatures that cast curses on humans. These curses make humans commit murders and suicides. If a witch is killed, it drops a Grief Seed. Over time, a Puella Magi's Soul Gem (the source of their magic) becomes corrupted by the evil of the world. Grief Seeds are used to suck out the corrupting darkness formed in the Soul Gems. Thus, a Puella Magi must kill witches and obtain Grief Seeds to purify their Soul Gems, or else they risk corruption. If a Puella Magi's Soul Gem becomes completely corrupted, then it becomes a Grief Seed and gives birth to a witch, leaving behind the Puella Magi's corpse. If a Puella Magi's Soul Gem brakes, then the Puella Magi dies. Besides that, a Puella Magi cannot die unless killed. That means they are unaffected by old age, sickness, etc.

This is a picture of five different Soul Gems (in gem form) and a Grief Seed:

soul_gems_and_grief_seeds_by_missnellie-d3hpe1a.jpg

A Soul Gems disguises itself by taking the form of a silver ring holding a single colored stone:

mami_ring_main.jpg

When a Puella Magi is transformed, their Soul Gem becomes part of their costume (in a UNIQUE way:)

homura-akemi-soul-gem-1.jpg

Rules: Kyuubey is the current Incubator on Earth. This is what he looks like:

%5Banimepaper.net%5Dvector-standard-anime-mahou-shoujo-madoka-magica-kyuubey-202254-saioul-preview-a3c78061.jpg

Only females and homosexual males emit enough emotional energy to become Puella Magi. Still, homosexual male Puella Magi are initially weaker than female Puella Magi.

I will require all participants to draw a rough sketch of their character's costume. This way, Kyuubey will know what to make your costumes look like O3O You may submit your drawing at any time; you may still RP even if you haven't submitted it yet.

Each character must have a different costume theme, primary color, weapon(s), and power(s). Otherwise, Kyuubey would get confused O3O Lol, just kidding, Kyuubey is omniscient. But still, no copying themes, colors, weapons, or powers. HOWEVER, every Puella Magi has the power of Telepathy.

Use this profile template to create your character:

Full Name:

Sexuality: (must be Homosexual for boys)

Race:

Home:

School Grade:

Wish:

Costume Theme:

Color(s):

Weapon(s):

Power(s):

I must accept your profile before you can begin RPing.

IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO APPLY FOR THIS RP IF

YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE ANIME SERIES

"PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA"

This is my character's profile:

Full Name: Ethan D.

Sexuality: Homosexual

Race: Black/White

Home: United States

School Grade: 12

Wish: That his handicapped sister has a long and happy life.

Costume Theme: Buneary

or88k7.jpg

Color(s): Light Brown with a Maroon ribbon around my neck (the ribbon has a bell on it.) My amber-colored soul gem forms into a small crescent moon around my bellybutton when I'm transformed

Weapon(s): Sledgehammers, Giant Rocket Launcher

20jik3p.jpg

33k6i4w.jpg

Power(s): Superhuman Hearing Abilities, Unusually Acrobatic, Telepathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yes. Changing up Cecil a bit.

Full Name: Cecil S.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Race: White

Home: US

School Grade: 11

Wish: To be able to live without ever regretting anything

Costume Theme: N/A, I guess the theme is kind of based off of video games Cecil used to play all the time.

Color(s): Black, Green

Weapon(s): Twin black handguns

Power(s): As the wish made by a Puella Magi always has some connection to their powers, Cecil has the power to erase memories. However, she can't do it on a massive scale, and the effect only lasts for anywhere from a day to a week. The only way this works without having a limit is when she does it to herself, which allows her to not regret anything. Other powers she has includes enhanced abilities, since it is what all Puella Magi have (Look at Kazumi Magica for example, when Kaoru is injured and makes a wish that doesn't relate to healing herself, she still gets healed due to her becoming a puella magi).

Image will have to be later.

Ethan looked out over downtown Wilmington from his precarious perch atop of the church steeple. It was night, so no one would be able to see him easily. The transformed magical boy scanned the horizon for any sign of activity.

Where are you...

It had been 1 year since the day Renee went missing. No one has any idea where she went; it was as if she had literally fell of the edge of the world. Ethan had been cooperating with Cecil, who was a much more experienced Puella Magi, to track Renee down. Cecil acted as Ethan's mentor, teaching him combat and survival skills that were necessary for witch hunting. As a result, Ethan was now very good at his job. Of course, Jadine accompanied them on their quests as well, even though she still hadn't formed a contract with Kyuubey.

A senior in high school now, Ethan had his plans for the future all figured out: what college he's going to, what occupation he wants to strive for, and all that jazz. He even figured out a way to incorporate in his Puella Magi duties.

Ethan still loved Garion, will all of his heart. He had had his share of crushes since that day of heartbreak, but in the end they were only to cover up his undeniable affection for his now close friend, who was also a senior. In addition, Ethan was still as loveless as he had started of; he hadn't even held a boy's hand with shared feelings before. Cecil had pointed out that because he had used his wish to bring eternal happiness upon another human being, he had cursed himself to suffer in a way of equal weight, which was likely his unusual lack of romance.

A breeze blew past in the peaceful night air.

"...Hey." Ethan greeted the younger girl without moving a single muscle, sensing her arrival with his superhuman hearing abilities.

Heck yes. Changing up Cecil a bit.

Full Name: Cecil S.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Race: White

Home: US

School Grade: 11

Wish: To be able to live without ever regretting anything

Costume Theme: N/A, I guess the theme is kind of based off of video games Cecil used to play all the time.

Color(s): Black, Green

Weapon(s): Twin black handguns

Power(s): As the wish made by a Puella Magi always has some connection to their powers, Cecil has the power to erase memories. However, she can't do it on a massive scale, and the effect only lasts for anywhere from a day to a week. The only way this works without having a limit is when she does it to herself, which allows her to not regret anything. Other powers she has includes enhanced abilities, since it is what all Puella Magi have (Look at Kazumi Magica for example, when Kaoru is injured and makes a wish that doesn't relate to healing herself, she still gets healed due to her becoming a puella magi).

Image will have to be later.
Approved, of course ;)

My powers are linked to my wish because my superhuman hearing and unusual acrobatic skills are essentially taking normal human senses and motor skills, and then multiplying them. And since I wished for my older sister, who is severely mentally and physically handicapped, to be eternally happy, my senses (hearing) and motor skills (acrobatics) were greatly enhanced as to reflect my sister's condition. Note: my sister is still handicapped; being a male, I had little power to use for my wish, so I could only wish her happiness in life, not a cure.

(Yey. BTW, can I make another character who becomes a witch?)

"Hey," Cecil greeted Ethan. Although he had initially been extremely irritating and an idiot in her mind, she had eventually accepted him just because it was useful having an ally to fight with. It meant witches went quicker, which was obviously a good thing. Plus, it was good, since she had someone to watch her back and make sure a familiar didn't try to attack her from the back or anything.

"Well. Ready to go beat the stuffing out of witches?" Cecil stared out at the city from the perch. "Hopefully, it'll be a weak witch, and not a powerful one, like the ones that have been around a bit recently. I hate powerful witches. Pain in the freaking @)*$&."

Ethan stretched his arms above his head, yawning. Homework had been keeping him up lately. "I'm ready as I'll ever be. But yeah, I'm particularly tired today, so a stronger witch wouldn't be appreciated." He snorted good-humoredly, summoning his soul gem out of its costume form and into its gem form. He held it out at arms length, and then proceeded to turn on the spot.

The amber gem began to glow with a dull light as Ethan's arm pointed toward Thalian Hall, the oldest continually running live theater in America. Ethan smiled, getting a little excited.. "I love that place!" He mentioned, an obvious tone of sentiment in his voice. Ethan had performed on Thalian Hall's stage many times before, and he has also seen quite a few productions.

"Huh. Never been in there. I've never really been into watching musicals or anything, so.." Cecil stared up at the theater, and that was when she noticed a Witch's mark on the building. "Hey, dude. We've got a problem here. Your favorite place has become home to a witch's barrier. In other words, we'd better get in there right now." Cecil quickly transformed on the spot, and then she took her handguns out of the holsters on her shorts. "Come on!" She quickly disappeared into the Witch's Barrier.

Ethan took a deep breath, and then exhaled slowly. It was time to get serious and put his game face on. He reached down and grabbed a fistfull of his skirt-pouf, stretching it out to the side. Immediately, a sledgehammer slid out of the stretched pouf, the head of it hitting the ground with a heavy thud. The skirt snapped back into place as Ethan let go of it and grabbed onto the the hammer's grip. "Wait for me!" Ethan called out, jumping through the barrier with haste. This witch had another thing coming if she was planning to curse his favorite place in Wilmington.

Ethan's eyes grew wide as he took in his surroundings. This labyrinth was much scarier than any other one he had been in. They appeared to be in a dark, dank passageway that reminded Ethan of the secret passages beneath the opera house in "The Phantom of the Opera."

Ethan looked around at the four different passageways around them, then turned to Cecil. He rested his sledgehammer on his right shoulder. "Which way should we take to get to the Familiar room?" He asked, referring to the room full of witch offspring that they must clear before battling the witch herself.

(Oops, I forgot to mention how my weapons coincide with my wish :p As a result of the crushed heart I had when I made my wish, my primary weapons can only messily crush and pulverize with brute force—hence the sledgehammers. I can magically lengthen the ribbon around my neck in order to summon and throw a multitude of toss-forme sledgehammers in quick succession, which I'll get further in depth of discription when my character actually uses this technique. Anyway, the ribbon and its bell resemble a pet's (accented nicely by my bunny-themed costume, I should add ;) ) and therefore signifies that my character('s heart) will always loyally belong to Garion. Le Rocket Launcher is not initially accessible for me, since it isn't part of my original set of magical boy powers. However, I'll eventually go above and beyond my original set of powers and develop this weapon (like how Mami, being a veteran, surpassed her original powers and developed some of her own.) **pants like a dog with exhaustion** Jeez...That's everything for my character as of now, I believe :) )

(That's pretty good. Sorry I'm slow at posting in this >.<)

Cecil shrugged, not really knowing which way to go. "I have no idea which way to go. This place is so dang confusing.. Ugh. What kind of stupid witch is this? Witches never cease to intrigue me." She glanced at all four of the passageways, spinning around to look at each and everyone. Finally, she pointed down towards the southern passageway. "I guess let's go down that one. Hopefully, it's the right one." Sighing, she flipped her guns into the air, and then caught both of them with the opposite hands than the ones she had thrown them with.

(It's fine :3 Btw, edit 2 posts back: it isn't called the Familiar room, but rather the Minion room. I was wrong :p )

Ethan clasped his sledgehammer in front of him with both hands. "Alright, let's go then!" They began to run down the passageway, echoes of their footsteps bouncing off the gray walls.

His foot splashing in something, Ethan noticed as water puddles started appearing more frequently in the tunnel the farther he and Cecil ran. Soon enough, there was a small stream running down the center of the passageway.

Ethan's rabbit ears twitched; he had heard a light squeak.

Grunting slightly, Ethan sidestepped and swung his hammer down like a golf club at the area from where the squeak originated. The black hammer head slammed into a short rat-like minion that was preparing to pounce out from inside a shadow. Ethan watched the creature fly backwards. The creature, like all objects in a witch's labyrinth, looked like it was a strange drawing of some sort. It screeched as it hit the concrete wall, and then disappeared with a poof of smoke.

Ethan turned and smiled at Cecil. "We must be getting closer!"

Cecil followed Ethan down the passage, and watched as Ethan attacked the minion, while also keeping herself prepared for any attacks from the minions. She about about to reply to his words when suddenly a minion jumped at her, flying high into the air and falling rapidly. She quickly sent several shots at it with one of her guns, until it fell and faded into a cloud of smoke.

"Yeah, we're almost there. But keep your guard up. You never know with these witch's lairs." She began to walk forward, but suddenly heard squeaking. She looked around, and then was about to say something to Ethan when she suddenly looked up, and saw at least twenty minions all on the ceiling. She didn't hesitate to start shooting when they began to drop from the ceiling, assaulting the two from above.

Ethan's heart skipped as a swarm of rat minions shot down from the ceiling at the two of them. Hearing the shots ringing from Cecil's guns, Ethan started spinning his sledgehammer like a propeller. He held it above him, feeling the many thuds as minions ricocheted off of the windmilling hammer.

After spinning his hammer, Ethan noticed that it seemed quite a bit lighter; this happened whenever its magic was used up. Okay Ethan, just keep your cool, he thought, quickly tossing the useless hammer aside.

Ethan jumped into the air, kicking and punching various attacking minions out of the way. While in midair, he pulled two sledgehammers out of his skirt and proceeded to spin and flip off of the walls using his extreme-acrobatic powers. This way, he was also able to avoid Cecil's volley of shots. With each showy movement he made, Ethan followed though with either one or both of his current active hammers, dealing devastating blows that took out multiple minions with each attack.

During one of his flips, Ethan passed directly over Cecil, who was firing away; time seemed to slow down for a moment as they locked eyes. He smirked at her with a confident glint in his eye.

We make a surprisingly good combat duo...

(Edit: This is the music that started playing in the background at the start of the minion battle.)

(Sorry I haven't been replying, idk, I can't think of anything to post, plus another thing.)

Eventually, all the minions disappeared into clouds of smoke, all of them taken care of. Cecil stopped firing, and then carefully looked up, down, behind her, and to her left and right before feeling satisfied about there not being anymore. "Well, come on. Let's go." She put one of her handguns back in her pocket before she began to run out of the labyrinth where they had just been attacked.

She ended up in another room, only this one seemed darker, and had a more mysterious atmosphere to it. She was about to turn to Ethan when suddenly some music began to play. It sounded like a violin. "What the @)!!)*#$ is this?" She asked, trying to figure out where the noise was coming from. "Oh. It's probably the dang witch, isn't it? Ugh. Looks like this witch wants to play the 'I don't want to show myself' game." Cecil took the gun she put away earlier out. "Looks like this fight is going to take a while. I hope you remembered to do your homework and stuff before you came."

Ethan readied himself with his sledgehammer, his body tense and ready to spring out of the way of an attack. "My homework wil just have to wait. In the mean time, we need to find this witch before it finds us." His rabbit ears twitched, trying to pick up a sound of movement. But all he could hear was the apocalyptic music playing throughout the room. Ethan slowly turned around, his feet splashing in the ankle-high pool of water on the floor.

A few seconds passed.

Just when Ethan was about to say something else to Cecil, a wave of water came sweeping from the opposite side of the room. Ethan, taken completely by surprise, was swept off his feet by the paper-cut-out surge of water.

"Agggg...!" He attempted to scream, but ended up with a mouthful of water as his head disappeared beneath the surface. Which was strange, since the pool of water was only a few inches deep.

Cecil was caught off guard by the sudden sweep of water. "What t-" She didn't have time to finish her sentence, before she too got swept off of her feet by the weird crayon scribble water. "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!!" She flailed her arms, desperately trying to stay above the surface, but her head submerged into the water, and she could do little to try to get it back up again.

(K, gonna make the male character in a bit, after dinner. Must brainstorm his personality and stuff. Lol I should make him a clone of Alejandro or Kuro from ~L~ |D)

(Make him whatever and whoever you want him to be :3 Just make sure he's more masculine than me at least; I don't usually go for the flamers, lol)

Ethan opened his eyes, soon realizing he was still alive. Immediately, he began struggling to set himself free. But to his dismay, his feet and hands were bound by whirlpool-like scribbles. Looking to his right, Cecil seemed to be in a similar situation.

Ethan's eyes grew wide, realization hitting him. Are we...underwater? He had failed to realize this because somehow he was still breathing. Of course, a witch's labyrinth defies all logic, so the occurrence of the unexpected was no longer a complete surprise to him.

Just then, the most beautiful and haunting sound Ethan had ever heard came to his ears from the dark depths of the seemingly bottomless pool of water. Ethan squinted downward, and he eventually noticed a large figure swimming up towards them. However, once it became visible, Ethan started to squirm frantically.

The horrific witch, appearing as a demented siren, was speedily closing the distance between her and her magical prey. What made it all the more creepier was that, of all things, she was singing an enchanting melody that made Ethan's hair stand on end. As she grew closer, runes appeared briefly above her head; they read "Christine."

Christine began to quicken her pace. Ethan could tell that Christine was hungry. Very, very hungry.

Full Name: Matthew "Matt" Thompson (Yay for not original names! Beats John Smith though)

Sexuality: Homosexual

Race: Caucasian, although a quarter Hispanic since his grandmother is Mexican

Home: He was living over in England for a while due to his Dad's job, it was where he was born, but he moved to the US.

School Grade: 12

Wish: To pass his SATS

Costume Theme: None at all, although he dislikes stiff, formal clothing, so I guess a more casual theme

Color(s): Red, white

Weapon(s): A sword, because he's always wanted to fight with one

Power(s): Due to his wish, his IQ is very high, so he's very smart and similar to Umika from Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, he can anticipate the move of a witch before it attacks. The only issue is, this is his only power, as his rash wish really doesn't deliver much else.

Other: He is very outgoing, and the life of a party. also, he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back