Questions about v4.5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tme4mllr

Reaction score
questions for v 4.5:

1. under food and also presents there are over 50 "balls." i don't know how my daughter aquired them but they are there. her character eats them but i'm not sure if they go away. under presents we wrap them and trash them too. trashing them doesn't seem to reduce the number, however. when we connect with another we can't choose present b/c it says "list is full." what the heck is going on with these edible balls?

2. this same character now views its mate as an egg instead of its mate's actual picture/self. is this a glitch or does this mean that they are going to produce an egg soon then go back to normal?

3. same character as above had a "big blurry mass" under items that we threw away. anyone else ever see that?

4. this last question is for my son's tamagothci 4.5...when he changed to an adult he started out as that bunny looking thing with a tail but in less than a minute changed to a thing with a big nose and spotted bandana. any reason why that would have happened?

5. last question, finally! how do you make your training bars increase with the 4.5? don't have much reason to time them out so don't like to do that for no reason. praising doesn't seem to work. play games all the time, still no bars. do we need a variety of games played, go to school more, does it have anything to do with time-out/praise??? no clue.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!

1) Your daughter has deleted too many foods causing the internal memory to glitch. There is no way to get rid off this except by resetting the Tamagotchi.

2) An egg? Well That must be a glitch. If It was the mail man, That means the Tamagotchi character is not programmed in the other toy.

3) The battery is low or the Tamagotchi has glitched. Maybe like reason one you deleted too many items and it glitched?

4) I think it evolved/grew. Maybe he is mistaken and it wasn't a adult and has grown into an adult which has the big nose and spotted bandana.

5) When The character is crying, praise it and when it beeps for no reason, (The hearts are full and its not crying) Its being naughty and needs a time out.

Hope I helped! :)

First off, welcome to TamaTalk! I'm so glad you could join us! I don't have a V4.5 (and I haven't played with a V4, which is similar, in years), so I probably won't be able to answer all your questions fully. I'll do my best though and chances are, someone with more experience with V4.5s will come along and help out. :)

The "ball glitch" is most commonly seen on V3/V4/V4.5. It's described HERE in the 'Tips and Tricks' section and HERE in the 'What Happened to My Tamagotchi?' section a while back. I'm not quite sure how or why it happens but try pressing the reset button in the back of the unit and then select DOWNLOAD when it pops up on the screen. Resetting a Tamagotchi outright (by pressing the reset button in the back and then selecting RESET instead on the DOWNLOAD/RESET screen) will probably fix it for sure but I have heard tell that the downloading option works as well (and is probably a more preferable option, especially if you're already on a high generation with a lot of items accumulated :) ). I kind of have a feeling that changing the batteries and then selecting DOWNLOAD might actually fix a lot of the glitches and weird things you're experiencing. Note that after downloading a Tamagotchi, it will restart from the last major event (waking up, growing up, IR communication), so be sure to check to see if the clock is set to the right time. Growth times may be affected as well, since it's shifted back to the last major event, but at least you won't lose all your Gotchi Points and items.

Training mostly has to do with time-out/praise. I believe going to school/work only increases skill points. A time-out is typically given when a Tamagotchi acts naughty or calls for something when it really doesn't need anything (attention icon lights up but the happiness and hunger hearts aren't all empty, for example). Praise is given when you notice that your Tamagotchi is crying. I'm pretty sure it beeps for that too.

I think it's very nice that you and your children are sharing this experience together. :)

Thank you guys! We reset the "glitched" tomi. The infinite balls are gone and so is the egg under the friend list. (however the reset did not delete that character in her friend book completely. he is not an egg anymore but his "elephant" character is still there along with his reset baby.) We will see if anything else interesting happens with that one. As for the "rabbit" that changed to the "elephant with bandana," i read that it changed to the special character ("elephant") b/c of the amount of skill points it had. https://tamayamawuv.webs.com/V4.5%20GrowthChart.png son really wants to grow a ninja so he reset his too. i told him that i read to feed it only scones and cones but not sure if that really works. i accidentally gave him a gift of a corndog and he ate that so maybe i sabatoged his whole experiment. :huh: oopsy! these toys are funny stuff. i dont mind babysitting them while the kids are at school so much. ;) if anyone else has some exciting tidbits on how to grow special characters on the 4.5 let me know! THANK YOU!

p.s. read that bread only as baby makes dog and that bread & ice crm make "bunnies." does this work for my version? what if someone gives you food gift or plant makes you eat something else, does this sabatoge your bread only diet? :)

I don't think these food theories work. I believe to get the Ninja, Mate the 2 Old-people Tamagotchi's and they will have a baby that grows into A character called Oyajitchi who is a man with facial hair. When you mate him, He has a baby which can grow into either A Character with ears (Mametchi), A Character with a beak (Kuchipatchi) or the Ninja. (Gozarutchi)

Hope I helped! And By the way, The reason people call them Mametchi and etc. Is because They all have nicknames.

4. this last question is for my son's tamagothci 4.5...when he changed to an adult he started out as that bunny looking thing with a tail but in less than a minute changed to a thing with a big nose and spotted bandana. any reason why that would have happened?
For some versions, having a certain amount of a certain type of Skill Points will change the adult character at any time. I do not know these Skill Point numberS fr V4.5. Note: This does not apply on Music Star.

This has happend to my brother's V4 before, when his Mametchi evolved into Tensaitchi after gaining 400 or so Intelligence points.

Don't worry, it's nothing bad, it's actually quite GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back