Really Bad storms!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

football princess

Reaction score
Its been all over the news about really bad storms all over the Uk Yesterday and 12 people lost their Lives :p

Im in North-Hampton and Our fence came down and A massive tree fell in our garden :D

It was very bad around London, Someone caught scaffolding fall down Yesterday in Central London! :angry: Is anyone else badly affected by this terrible weather?

Aimme

Last edited by a moderator:
there was pretty Cold weather here in canada, like last week it was like -36 and with the Wind it was -47

I'm not in the UK. I'm in Canada but a little while ago there was a HUGE snowstorm. There was a blackout so there was no school and the next day I looked at a pine tree and the branches were coated in ice o_O I was like the worst snowsotrm I've been in.

Its been all over the news about really bad storms all over the Uk Yesterday and 12 people lost their Lives :lol: Im in North-Hampton and Our fence came down and A massive tree fell in our garden :(

It was very bad around London, Someone caught scaffolding fall down Yesterday in Central London! :eek: Is anyone else badly affected by this terrible weather?

Aimme
Oh no! My friend Kelly went to London! I hope she is alright! *gasp!* :eek:

nope nottin in WI all clear and boring as usuall, *Sighs*

Yes......but they aren't as bad as what you described. First, we kept having rai nstorms (strong winds, heavy rain) but as the winter progressed snow started to fall directly after my birthday. Since then, we've been having small snow-storms. On the Monday that just passed, there was no school because there had been a snow-storm over night and everything was covered in ice. Too dangerous to go driving/walking about. :(

Sad to ehar such terrible weather is happening to you guys. Keep safe and keep warm! :lol:

*Tgd*

I LOVE storms! (but not the REALLY bad ones)

Once, we had a pretty bad storm (Very strong winds too), and the people who live across from us had just finished building a new carport and it blew down and smashed some of their car!! :ichigotchi: :ichigotchi:

We Laughed because we don't like those neighbours :ichigotchi:

We had pretty bad stormy weather last week. The roads were horrible.

For example:

Wednesday(Jan 10th) a drive from North Bothell to downtown Redmond, which is normally a 20 minute drive took me 2.5 hours. >.<

When I got to the Firehouse they were about to close due to road conditions.

I took my friend to her house in Kirkland, normally a 10 minute drive from the Firehouse, and that took about 45-50 minutes.

It took another 1.5 hours to get back to North Bothell. x.x

We've gotten more snow since then. I've made it a point to not go out in it. Plus it made my car dirty >.<

It's is strange weather for us in the UK, because normally we don't get such extremes.

We don't normally get hurricanes or tornados, we don't normally get earth tremors or quakes, we don't normally get tidal waves or tsunamis...

So the storms over Wednesday night and Thursday were pretty unusual - around 17 ppl in the UK were killed - that is not normal for stormy weather in the UK.

North London had some pretty mean gusts of winds... brick walls collapsed, large trees crushed cars (and ppl were trapped inside them) and there was a lot of large debris flying around the streets - I watched several recycling crates and wheelie bins (trash cans) bowling their way down my street like tumble weed ;)

It was not the kind of day you wanted to be in a high sided vehicle - like a red, double decker London bus... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back