Redemption Island

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Natalie watched the girl plop up on land. She walked over to her, when someone said hey. "AAAH!" She screamed in terror. "Oh, you're that guy from the cruise. Do you know what Island this is?" Natalie said, finally calmed down. "O-oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Natalie Riverside, what's your name? I've been stranded on this Island for about, umm, 3 minutes. Could you help me get these people to my hammock? I could build them another Hammock and you one too." Natalie started blushing.

In Amy's head, everything was white. She was alone, and everything was white. Faintly, she could hear birds chirping and the sound of waves crashing against the shore. Shore? Her eyes flew open and her senses began to kick in to the maximum. Sand. Hot. Birds. Waves. Hot. Wind. Hot. Wet. She was wet. Memories of swimming through the water, gasping for air. She shook her head, and observed her surroundings. She was clearly washed up on a beach somewhere. Perhaps in the Caribbean? People. She heard people talking in the distance. Civilians could help her. She hoped they spoke English.

Amy jumped to her feet and almost fell over. She was still woozy and exhausted from hours of fighting to stay above the water. She ran toward the sound of voices and when she approached she slowed to a stop in front of one girl who seemed to be sunburned in her cheeks, "Hey!" She exclaimed, "You're that girl from the ship. Natalie, right?" She panted.

Steve studied the girl, and decided she was about his age. She acted quite a bit like a little child, by her sudden shooting of way too many things at once. With a grin mostly composed of relief that he wasn't alone on this god forsaken little island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, he answered, "My name's Steve, nice to meet you." With that, he looked up at her from the blacked out guy he had been looking at. "So, uh, if you've been on this island for three minutes, how did you make a hammock? You'd need to have rope and stuff like that to secure it properly, you know." He heard someone else approach, and then looked away from the girl to see another girl.

(Is it fine if Steve gets another power? I just now realized you can have more than one.. *Gets shot for spacing while making form* If it's fine, then can he also have the power of ice?)

Last edited by a moderator:
(I don't mind)

"Oh, Umm, yesh! I remember you! Amy right?," Natalie said excitedly. "I think we should get to the Jungle, and build some kind of shelter," Natalie exclaimed. "I know the simple V-Base. Come on Amy and Steve, I think the others here can follow us somehow later" Natalie started leading the way, not knowing she and the others had powers and an interesting future ahead of them...

(LOL Narrator voice!)

When Peter came to, he was suddenly aware of the splitting headache originating from the right side of his head. His vision was tinged with red and he realized that he had an open gash above his head. He could vaguely remember being blasted in the head with a broken two by four, but everything after that was blackness up until just now. He felt an arm across his waist and began to squirm around, suddenly aware of his frightening predicament.

"Oh stop moving, you'll bleed more," Peter turned his head to see a petite blonde girl holding on to him and swimming towards land with ease.

"How..how is this so easy for you? I'm not even sowing you down," Peter remarked stupidly, but Olivia just shrugged it off.

"I'm a swimmer," she lied and sighed in relief when her feet hit the sandy bottom. She dragged Peter onto the shore and continuously shoved him back onto the sand whenever he tried to sit up. "Don't you get it? You've lost a lot of blood, you're lucky to be alive. Stop trying to get up," Olivia snapped and stood up haughtily. "Stay there."

Peter watched her walk off, stunned. He didn't know the girl, and he hadn't even bothered to ask her name, but she saved his life and continued taking care of him regardless. He laid back and sighed and tried to focus on clearing his mind of the sharp pain.

Olivia stumbled into a forested area and began to look for two things; humans, and a certain kind of leaf.

Slightly irritated that the girl had totally ignored his question, Steve simply came to two different conclusions: One, the girl was probably a liar or just a complete airhead, and two, he probably shouldn't stay in any shelter she made since it would probably break within minutes. He didn't bother following the girl, who was walking off to the jungle, and instead, he sat down on a rock looking out towards the sea. He turned around and yelled to them, "I'm staying at the beach, to look for other people, you guys go ahead and explore the jungle." The smell of the salty breeze was a nice smell, and he would be enjoying the place he was in a lot more had it not been a little island in the middle of who knows where.

Olivia walked out of the jungle with a handful if leaves, muttering to herself bitterly. She passed Steve without so much as a glance and made a beeline straight for Peter. She kneeled down beside him and checked the wound on his head. The bleeding had slowed down, but not by much.

He watched her curiously as she ground up three or so leaves between the heel of her hand and her thigh. Without warning, she placed a small amount of the mixture in the cut and spread it around slowly. A soothing feeling rushed over his head, and be let out an involuntary sigh of relief. "What is this stuff? It feels wonderful," Peter asked and inspected a leaf he pulled off of her lap.

"Oh..just a mint leaf," Olivia said hurriedly. In all honesty, she just grabbed any old leaf that wasn't poisonus, and let her powers do the talking. The leaf mixture was merely a coverup for the minor healing powers she posessed, and she couldn't let him know that just yet.

In a moment, the bleeding had slowed to a lazy trickle, and Olivia was exhausted. "That's the best it's gonna get for right now, but at least you're not going to die," said Olivia as she shrugged nonchalantly, as if saving someone's life was an everydaything for her.

Because I still don't really feel like writing much for him yet Will still laid unconscious still. He finally came to, sort of, he could hear things and thing but it was just his body that was yet to become conscious. Well, fantastic. I can't move or even open my eyes. The water from the waves rushed up an swamped his head and into his ears. He could feel that he was lying in some water on his back because he could feel the solid land beneath his back and the water brushing against his skin.

Peyton squeezed the bottom part of her shirt ringing out some of it's water into the sand. She then repeated the process on her hair and her skirt. She sat on her rock and watched as a pair of girls walked past her into the forest. Well at least there were other people here. But those two didn't exactly look the outdoorsy type and therefore didn't really seem of too much help for her at this point. She made of soft groaning noise why couldn't she have floated towards a populated island, you know something like Hawaii.

Natalie went off by herself, leaving Amy. She gathered some leaves, and twigs, and set up a flat surface, she weaved for a few minutes and put the string she found together with the weaved surface.She made another hammock again and dragged it to the beach. "Here, hang this up somewhere," She said to Steve, who was completely facing the other way. "It took me longer to make the hammock because I didn't have string in my pocket and leaves nearby, but here! Oh, I forgot to tell you how I made the hammock. I found some leaves nearby, and some twigs, and I made a flat surface. I twisted them to make a hammock shape, and tied it to some strong string in my pocket. I tied the strings to some coconut trees and Ta Da! I learned it at my summer camp when I was 13" She started smiling and glared at the girl who was squeezing the water off her skirt. "Umm, hey! I'm Natalie, what's your name?" Said Natalie to Peyton, who she had no Idea who she was. Natalie started looking up to the sky, waiting for an answer.

Amy followed Natalie in a quick scuttle, trying to keep up with the flamboyant girl, "Shouldn't we try to find civilization?" Amy asked, a little confused by all that was going on, "Maybe if we walk down the beach or something we'll find some cottages or a... resort?" It looked like they were in a tropical area. If there was a resort along the beach, surely it wouldn't be too hard to find, "We should get some medical help and stuff. I don't know about you but I feel kind of sick."

Sick was a bit of an understatement. She felt positively nauseous. She saw one girl bending over another boy whom she recognized as Peter Somethingorother, "Are you guys alright over there?" She called, wincing slightly as her stomach gave an unpleasant cringe of sick.

"I still don't trust the fact that you can somehow wake up, and make a hammock in three minutes, but anyway, eh." Steve took the hammock and magically hung it up cause he could using the string from absolutely who knows where. Anyway, Steve walked back to the rock and then looked out for more survivors. He noticed a guy- Will, was it? Lying down near the shore. Steve quickly ran down to Will, and began to drag him by the feet further up shore so he wouldn't get carried away by the tide, and possibly drown.

Peter tipped his head backwards slowly and looked at Amy. "Just peachy!" He called cheerfully and winced as a bit of sand got in the cut. Olivia punched him in the arm and pushed his head back into it's original position. She helped him stand up and take a few steps before relying heavily on he shoulder. Peter's head pounded like no other, and he couldnt see straight. He practically clothed onto Olivia's arm as they hobbled over to Amy.

Amy looked petrified for a moment as fear sparked in her brain. The reality that they were dying, hundreds had already died hit her like a slap in the face. Where were her parents? Her sister and Brother? What happened to them? She hurried forward and looked into the boys eyes, "A very bruised peach..." She mumbled and continued to look up and down his body, "Wow, you are in pretty bad shape, what should we do?" Amy had basic first aid training but nothing too advanced. Most of it was just "how to keep them alive until the ambulance gets there", but in this case, Amy couldn't foresee immediate help. "Water, we should get..." She turned toward the sea, "...But that's the ocean... Okay well first thing's first, clean the wound. Salt water is a good sterilizer right? We should wet a cloth and clean out his wound. And make sure he stays in the shade..." Her brain wasn't functioning at a normal capacity. With a lurch of her stomach, she doubled over and wretched. What came up wasn't food though, it was just water. She chocked up water three or four times before falling to her knees and coughing several times.

Natalie noticed something up in the sky which ended up being a cloud spelling 'Redemption Island'. "Hey guys, look up at the sky, there is a cloud spelling 'Redemption Island'. I wonder if that is what this Island is called 'Redemption Island'. Anyways, maybe we should go in the Jungle, to find civili-" She said as she got interrupted by a mysterious voice who was heard by everyone: "Welcome to Redemption Island. It isn't an accident that you are here. You were chosen to figure out your power, and use them to get out of this Island. I will not tell you your powers, since this Island requires that you have to figure them out yourselves. Your family and friends will be earned. Steve, choose a family member to be saved and be brought home. You chose to help others instead of going with Natalie to find civilization. Olivia, you too get to pick a member. You helped someone in need. Natalie, pick one too, you made a wonderful hammock to rest Steve. This isn't the last of me..." Said the voice as it faded away. Natalie was stuck frozen still. "Uhh, Mom," She said. Her mom appeared in a vision at home, enjoying TV. She knew that her Mom was safe. "Now to figure out my freakin' powers..." she whispered

Olivia looked at Amy and patted her back awkwardly. "Don't worry about him, I already cleaned the wound, you should just take care of yourself for right now." She stopped as the strange voice spoke to them, and she automatically looked at Peter. "Sorry bud, you're stuck with me for right now. I'm Olivia." She said and helped him into a lying position on the ground. "Peter, Peter Krampen." he murmured in response and watched Amy. "Are you okay?"

Natalie noticed something up in the sky which ended up being a cloud spelling 'Redemption Island'. "Hey guys, look up at the sky, there is a cloud spelling 'Redemption Island'. I wonder if that is what this Island is called 'Redemption Island'. Anyways, maybe we should go in the Jungle, to find civili-" She said as she got interrupted by a mysterious voice who was heard by everyone: "Welcome to Redemption Island. It isn't an accident that you are here. You were chosen to figure out your power, and use them to get out of this Island. I will not tell you your powers, since this Island requires that you have to figure them out yourselves. Your family and friends will be earned. Steve, choose a family member to be saved and be brought home. You chose to help others instead of going with Natalie to find civilization. Olivia, you too get to pick a member. You helped someone in need. Natalie, pick one too, you made a wonderful hammock to rest Steve. This isn't the last of me..." Said the voice as it faded away. Natalie was stuck frozen still. "Uhh, Mom," She said. Her mom appeared in a vision at home, enjoying TV. She knew that her Mom was safe. "Now to figure out my freakin' powers..." she whispered
LOLWUT? Clouds spelling, and all-knowing voices from above? There is a difference between fantasy in the form of super powers but this is too much.

Quitting this RP

KayThanksBye

LOLWUT? Clouds spelling, and all-knowing voices from above? There is a difference between fantasy in the form of super powers but this is too much.
(Totally agreeing, the whole thing with clouds somehow spelling "REDEMPTION ISLAND" was super cheesy; and then adding the all knowing super powerful voice coming from the sky just made it even worse. The other thing that didn't make sense to me was how Natalie could make a hammock in three seconds and somehow conveniently found string in the middle of nowhere. Leaving too. Bye.)

(Totally agreeing, the whole thing with clouds somehow spelling "REDEMPTION ISLAND" was super cheesy; and then adding the all knowing super powerful voice coming from the sky just made it even worse. The other thing that didn't make sense to me was how Natalie could make a hammock in three seconds and somehow conveniently found string in the middle of nowhere. Leaving too. Bye.)
I agree with this. I think I might have to resign, too.

Sorry guys, CLOSING THE RP.

(Wait, noooo!!! Don't close it! Acckkk!! Please reconsider closing the RP, there's other people still in there! I'll be willing to rejoin, but I'm going to ignore the whole part about the clouds and the booming all knowing voice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back