remodeling my room

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webkinz60

Reaction score
well title says most but i need tips,where should i put my keyboard[musical kind],on my medium size table or my specail stand i bought,and any tips ya' got i'm on for an hour and will be updating

well first off if you are re-painting your room then go for a scene that relates to your one obsession.same with decoration.like for example if i was obsessed with dogs,i would paint my walls a backyard scene and i would have a dog print bed spread,plush dogs,dog posters and all things to do with dogs.so do you get it.pm me to tell me your one obsession and i will pm you the tips

good luck

T-K :(

Guess what? I'm re-doing my room too! :D

For the keyboard, I'd say put it where it has more room.

Also, I'll tell you what I'm doing, 'cause it may give you some ideas! ;)

First of all, a picked Light Blue to paint my room. :p Then me and my mom went to Kohls with my grandma, to find sheets and such, and we found that this polka-dotted comforter really matched light blue walls, so we got a bunch of other polka-dotted stuff too!

What I'm saying is, find a great theme that matches the color you wish to paint your room. :)

And don't forget new decorations!

Well the stand for the keyboard would look more professional-musician-ish, but putting on a table would be better for a bedroom. So you decide what you would like! Also wooden letters on the wall (preferrably painted) in your favorite colors would look good. The wooden letters come in different sizes and shapes, so ask your parents first.

One helpful hint: Less is more.

My friend re-did her room a while back and now it looks just tacky. She put too many decorations on the walls, and there's too much of one color.

Choose colors that compliment eachother, like blue and light green, or other soft combinations. I went with Black & Red for my basement "cave" because I wanted to set the "BWAHHAHAHA there's no light down here!" mood, and have less eye strain for when I play video games and surf the web. First you need to think of a mood that you would like to have every time you walk into your room, then think of colors that would go well with the mood- favorite colors almost always change, so I suggest not painting your room the newest shade of blaze orange.

I painted my room a light purple- in the daytime it looks white, and at night it's a nice soft color. ^_^

I re-arrange my room and desk/dresser all the time! It's fine to change your room around, usually I just take a Saturday and completely move my room around.

:lol:

I got my room painted a year ago, i think...

I hate, hate, HATE! my bunk beds. My dad made me put them into my room. and he's not letting me sell them or get rid of them! my sister said she wanted them but hes too lazy to move them! They take up soooo much space and i moved my bottom bunk out so now theres a spot where my top bunk is. But under where my bottom bunk waz, i have a book shelf, and one of my hamsters cages. (i have 3)

if you want space in your room. DO NOT GET BUNKS!!!

Well, my room is blue, and when i finally do get my bunks moved, i want to paint a beach scene on my walls, or hot pink polkadots.

I used to have an large, open room. And before we moved in, I had the walls painted 4 different shades of green. Also before at my old house, I had a nice Puerto Rico scene painted on my walls. Iside the room, there was a secret room, which a painted purple and put pink hearts on the walls. By spray painting. It looked so awesome.

My friend, she used to live in Michigan and love Roxxie. So, her mom got a progector and painted the pink Roxxie sign on her wall. It was so cute! She showed me the picture.

Hey! I've just moved house, and my walls are a nice cream color, but my room has a pink + cream theme! The curtains are pink, and I have a cream chair with a pink cushion on it, pink + cream bedding, a cream desk & bedside table (with lots of things on it - all different colors!) and a stripy multicoloured lamp (which has EVERY color on it, including pink and cream!) to tie it all together. :)

thanks for the ideas and i am moving closer to my school and i am remodeling hrer then there and my room looks great so far keep them coming

how is this serious? Anyways, I have two tips.

1. Don't paint it black.

2. Don't paint a wall mural or anything yourself OR without tempates. BAD. SMUDGES. ERRORS. WALL. PERMANENT.

if you are repainting your room, look in your closet. the TOP 2 colors you wear the MOST are the colors you should paint your room.

Hope this helps!!!

i usually start off with a room theme, i intended to make my room purple and black, but that didn't work out, lol so yeah i kinda now have a random room that i love. <3

i did a wall mural on one of the unpainted walls in my room, later i painted over it with this special black chalk board paint. it's fun to draw on the walls. :3

cool i love the ideas and i may try some like ^yours and i am moving as i said and it is a big awesome house on 5 acres and i just love the house

great ideas keep them coming

Try creating a theme with all different shades of ur fave color, and if you like, add some black or white into the mix. If you think just painting your walls one solid color is boring, and you can't find wallpaper that you like, try painting the walls your fave color, then paint a pattern or something of your choice in black or white. That's what i would do!

Well, I don't know much about remodeling rooms, but I have one bit of advice. Don't decorate it with anything you will get sick of, or a color you will eventually grow tired of. Since it is your room and you will be spending a lot of time in it, I would recommend keeping it simple so you don't quickly outgrow the theme or color. For example, when I first moved into my house I decorated my room with puppies and lots of other cute stuff, but now I am older and don't like it as much.

Well my friends and I finished painting a basement. Fumes galore! And it's red with black splotches. We just threw the black paint around and even her dad thinks it looks cool. So it your into that, I guess you could do that. Also, think if you have any posters that you want to put up. If you have alot then all your hard work with polka-dots and what not will be put waste as people (and you) will be staring at the posters and not your walls. Don't put something up that you be over in a year or even three. So don't scrawl Edward Cullen's name across your wall. dont paint life size murals of the jonas (<-- what happens if you as another 's'?) brothers, and don't stick I <3 Hannah Montana up on your walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back