room re-decorating

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles52

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt] :) i am re-decorating my room, but i have a problem! i want it to be an animal theme, but i can't seem to make it work! like, i have stuffed animals that are lions, then i have cats, and penguins. i have almost every kind of animal, but not all of them match, like where they come from! i don't know how to make it look good if i have animals from all reaches of the planet, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to make it look good ;) [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm big on two different animal themes for decorating your room. Late 1800's-early 1900's African bush safari theme, and SouthEast Asian jungle theme.

The African bush safari theme is really neat and fairly easy to do. I get my ideas from watching movies set in that era, when wealthier people traveled down there to go on big game hunts(I hate the idea of big game hunts, but I'm talking purely about decor). You usually see a lot of light wicker chairs and furniture with white linens, accented by the occasional dark ebony piece. It has a very light, airy, comfy-safari lodge feel. Very stylish and easy to do. You can decorate with all your favorite African animals, and you usually find those in decorating pieces more than other region's animals. African Elephants, African Lions, Hippos, Zebras, Giraffes, Ostrich...lots of good choices there.

SouthEast Asian is very neat, tooo . It to me has a richer color scheme. Deep jewel tones in fabrics, rich reddish dark-ish woods for furniture. It has a very tropical feel with beautiful jungle plants. Certainly not as "airy" as the African theme, but it has a very exotic feel instead. Think of India or Thailand as inspirations. You can decorate with your Asian Elephants, Tigers, Crocodiles, beautiful birds, Asiatic Lions( a population does live in Asia) all sorts of tropical jungle species! This theme is perhaps my favorite, it has a great feel when you accomplish it. :)

I'm big on two different animal themes for decorating your room. Late 1800's-early 1900's African bush safari theme, and SouthEast Asian jungle theme.
The African bush safari theme is really neat and fairly easy to do. I get my ideas from watching movies set in that era, when wealthier people traveled down there to go on big game hunts(I hate the idea of big game hunts, but I'm talking purely about decor). You usually see a lot of light wicker chairs and furniture with white linens, accented by the occasional dark ebony piece. It has a very light, airy, comfy-safari lodge feel. Very stylish and easy to do. You can decorate with all your favorite African animals, and you usually find those in decorating pieces more than other region's animals. African Elephants, African Lions, Hippos, Zebras, Giraffes, Ostrich...lots of good choices there.

SouthEast Asian is very neat, tooo . It to me has a richer color scheme. Deep jewel tones in fabrics, rich reddish dark-ish woods for furniture. It has a very tropical feel with beautiful jungle plants. Certainly not as "airy" as the African theme, but it has a very exotic feel instead. Think of India or Thailand as inspirations. You can decorate with your Asian Elephants, Tigers, Crocodiles, beautiful birds, Asiatic Lions( a population does live in Asia) all sorts of tropical jungle species! This theme is perhaps my favorite, it has a great feel when you accomplish it. :)
wow! you really helped me there! thanks!! ;)

Hmm... What sort of budget (that sounds like a bird, lol) do you have? I redecorate my room all the time, though it's just ripping my old art off the walls and putting new art up.

I also have many, many stuffed animals- particularly TYs. I bought a plastic shoerack from target (for about.. hm.. less then ten dollars.) It's like a thing that hangs on a door with pockets for your shoes- but I put my TYs in there.

My room is completly awesome, walk in closet, own bathroom. If you're going for an animal theme, get an animal bedspread, buy little pillows with animals on them and put them on chairs or on your bed. You could put your animals against the wall or on shelfs. You could buy chairs with jaguar prints on them. You could probably work with a budget of 50 or 60 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back