(Rumor) Color Tamagotchi US release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting my hope up that this is even going to happen. If it does I hope it well made and not cheaply put together.(looking at you non responsive TF buttons)

Not all smart phone users are Apple though, I feel like there is a lot of Apple, but there is also a lot of Android as well. If Bandai was smart enough and if it was cheap enough they should put Bluetooth in the new TMGC. If that is not an option have NFC features and have an alternative route such as typing in a code like the old school TMGC's. It really isn't Bandai's fault that apple can't put NFC features in their products. That's just my view as of right now~

-Puri-

I would like to see the tamagotchi world comes back when you can send your tamagotchi back to tama planet to have fun... I miss those TamaDays

^^Yeah, me too. I hope the new color one goes back to being more basic, and you don't have to use a dumb app to get the most out of the device. Those of us who DON'T have Smartphones or iPhones can't enjoy them fully. I'm not going to jump on the Smartphone bandwagon just for a tamagotchi. Actually, not at all.

oh my gosh that sounds so exciting! if they did blue tooth it would make tamagotchis more popular!!! and we could download stuff with no problem! And I want color english ones! I hope they put more stuff with the colors, cuz I got bored with my id l pretty quickly.

oh my gosh that sounds so exciting! if they did blue tooth it would make tamagotchis more popular!!! and we could download stuff with no problem! And I want color english ones! I hope they put more stuff with the colors, cuz I got bored with my id l pretty quickly.
bluetooth is old news man

if you gor bored of your ID L quick, Bandai US will probably make an even more boring version lol

$50 would be pricey for me. but i have never gotten a new tamagotchi. my music star was from a garage sale and my v3 v4 and v4.5 were from goodwill.

$50 would be pricey for me. but i have never gotten a new tamagotchi. my music star was from a garage sale and my v3 v4 and v4.5 were from goodwill.
I was in that mindset but as an Aussie tama collector you learn very quickly that you can't be picky with price if you really want a Tama. The IDLE when released here was $80 ;~; I think the cheapest modern tama I've gotten was one of my second hand 4us and that was still a smidge under $50. Why does the AUD have to be so weak :c

yas! Finally! A color tama in north America! :D ;) ^_^ I wonder if they are going to import to other places like Canada and Australia Etc,

^^Yeah, me too. I hope the new color one goes back to being more basic, and you don't have to use a dumb app to get the most out of the device. Those of us who DON'T have Smartphones or iPhones can't enjoy them fully. I'm not going to jump on the Smartphone bandwagon just for a tamagotchi. Actually, not at all.
Those days were the best I would also like to see the parent feature as well since in the past generations it started to disappear

*several posts removed*

Settle down, kids. This is a speculation topic about a possible US (how about us Canadians? :p ) release for a colour Tamagotchi and not about what you're expecting to arrive in the mail.

Coincidentally there's already an existing topic about that which you can find here and feel free to discuss them there.

Let's stay on-topic, shall we? :D

*POOF*

I agree! They wouldn't make them that bad though because moms would freak out. Probably $30 if we're lucky. Speaking of lucky.... HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET 4 TAMAGOTCHIS FROM A GOODWILL/GARAGE SALE??? How much were they?

Having a color screen will definitely raise the price, but I wonder if they could offset the downsides to that by properly marketing the tamagotchi to young adults and teens who had them as a kid during the 90's and mid-to-late 2000's. I know 90's throwback stuff in particular has been popular in the US lately, what with the return of French Toast Crunch, Surge, cartoons on streaming services, etc. I don't think the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. app was particularly successful, but if they had more features from the modern versions like the daycare, games, downloads, etc. then I think it would be interesting and exciting enough to hold the attention of both children and adults.

I know bringing full-color tamas to regions outside of Japan is a big risk for Bandai, but then again it's a shame that our tamas are so technologically behind the Japanese versions. That, IMO, makes it harder for them to gain a whole lot of traction beyond people who already love the brand. In that way, I guess it's a bit of a double-edged sword.

Yeah same here :p .

Its hard to find tama's in my city, The toys'r'us store sucks here and the only place I have found ANY tamagotchi friends was at an GROCERY STORE!

Hopfully they ship to Canada,Epecially my city

I said that in reponse to an older post on this topic but for some reason it didn't quote

They'd probably sell a lot more if they targeted to young adults.

The ads could be something like, "Feeling nostalgic? It's alright, Tamagotchi is back! Now in color and more features then before...."

You get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back