(Rumor) Color Tamagotchi US release?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It would be cool to appeal to those that grew up with tamas,.

But there still probably wouldn't be a big enough market and audience to make it work.

Oh, we're DEFINITELY getting SOMETHING for the Tamagotchi 20th anniversary. Whether that ends up being a color screen release or not remains to be seen. But when Tamagotchi and Digimon's 15th anniversaries BOTH went completely unignored because Bandai America put too much of their money into the Power Rangers 20th anniversary, they saw the negative reaction from the fans of their other toylines (Most of whom threatened to be done with Bandai America for good not once, but several times - this included myself, and you all know that I'm a PR fan but still threatened to drop them real quick) and since then we've seen the proof that they indeed realized that they goofed up. It's very likely that them realizing their huge goof up was a big part of why we got the Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town Edition - if it weren't for that, we would have likely just got the regular Friends and it would have been over.

Long story short... we're getting something. Whether it has a color screen or not, we don't know yet. But we're getting something. Mark my words on that... Bandai America's got something planned. They goofed up five years ago, but they already proved that they darn sure won't let that happen again.

Well I asked them and they seemed to hint they were working on something:

upcomingplans_by_tamagotchy-d9r30zm.png

Welp, I really want an english colour tama so I hope Bandai releases one pretty soon ^.^ The only problem is that theyve been pretty unsuccessful previously (toys r us here stopped selling tamagotchi friends :c) so I just hope they havent given up!

I guess the reason Toys R Us stopped selling Tamagotchi Friends is because it's been out for quite a while now and they stopped production or something.

Welp, I really want an english colour tama so I hope Bandai releases one pretty soon ^.^ The only problem is that theyve been pretty unsuccessful previously (toys r us here stopped selling tamagotchi friends :c) so I just hope they havent given up!
its not gonna be in colour. Bandai isn't going to throw away money

I agree // I mean it might make more people want them since it seems more "modern" but bandai probably wont take the risk... Or not... Im sorta Really hoping they do :p :lol:

I think we have forgotten what they stated in the beginning of 2015. We should probably just let them release more information before we start to rule anything out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing is that usually the Bandai reps are unreliable a lot of the time. I think I said it earlier sometime in this thread but at one point a Bandai rep said that we were supposed to be getting EU Wave 1 Tamagotchi Friends in TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I think that never happened and it was only the playsets that appeared there.

The only thing is that usually the Bandai reps are unreliable a lot of the time. I think I said it earlier sometime in this thread but at one point a Bandai rep said that we were supposed to be getting EU Wave 1 Tamagotchi Friends in TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I think that never happened and it was only the playsets that appeared there.
I thought people found it, I didn't, but I looked in 2 stores, so I don't really count XD

I'm saying we should have 100% faith in what they said almost a year ago, but there is a possibility of having a colored release. Just because a few people on here say it won't happen, doesn't mean that it CAN'T, they are BanDai. What's more unreliable than a BanDai rep is speculations by people "predicting" and "assuming" things. (Not trying to attack, or anything, just trying to show the other side) :D

So, keep your hopes up y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:
ustama_by_tamagotchy-d9so59k.png

Lol they finally responded to my comment from August 2015. XD Apparently they are still working on a US color-screen version, but it's being delayed, either because they are putting a lot of time and work into it to make it perfect or they're waiting for a good time to release it.

Or it was delayed because the last offering flopped... "work to get a great product" sounds to me like "maybe we'll try tama stateside again someday."

Lol they finally responded to my comment from August 2015. XD Apparently they are still working on a US color-screen version, but it's being delayed, either because they are putting a lot of time and work into it to make it perfect or they're waiting for a good time to release it.
Nice! Thank you for the information EMF! We just need to stay positive and support the next release well!

I knew that Bandai America wasn't going to mess up twice! I'm guessing they'll likely release it closer to the end of the year, likely November because that's when the actual 20th anniversary happens to be. They certainly are getting their act back together after what happened before - glad to see it reconfirmed! :D

Oh yay! I hope its at Toys R Us!!! I am so excited! Yes! I really want Lovelytchi!

Oh yay! I hope its at Toys R Us!!! I am so excited! Yes! I really want Lovelytchi!I
I am not sure that it will be sold in Toy R Us, but I more excited to see Meloditchi introduced outside of Japan! I'm kind of curious to see what character line up they have for this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back