sad and scary

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbytchi

Reaction score
i have a spelling bee tuesday and i am scared i won last year... and i might get braces soon... i am scared help

Are you scared about not winning, or getting braces soon?

I'm sure you'll do fine if you won last year.

Are you scared about not winning, or getting braces soon?I'm sure you'll do fine if you won last year.
she told me she is scared about both. she is one of my very best friends

I just got braces pretty recently.

Soo what I can tell you is that getting braces on doesn't hurt when you get them on.

Afterwards, take Advil, because for the next week or so, it'll hurt. Don't try to eat solids. Stick with yogurt, ice cream, mashed potatoes, smoothies, milkshakes, raspberries etc.

Once the pain goes away, you don't really notice it.

Just a few tips:

Always have a drink if your gonna eat something, because food does get stuck in your braces, and you'll want to wash it out.

Don't eat apples unless their sliced.

BRUSH. YOUR. TEETH.

Ah, the spelling bee. Unfortunately, my parents force me to be in it every year. I hate it, although I usually do pretty well. I won one year and came in third the next.

Anyway, once the bee gets going, it's actually pretty interesting. You'll usually calm down a bit after it gets going. I know I always do.

And when I get a word I have no idea how to spell, I usually try and say something humorous like "excuuuuuuse me? o_o" It will make the audience and the judges laugh, and will relax you a little when you know that people are laughing with you and not at you.

As for the issue of braces, they're really not that bad. Just check your teeth after you eat to make sure you don't have any food stuck in there, and make sure to brush your teeth on a regular basis: At least 2 times a day. No one will make fun of you for braces because they are a very normal part of growing up and some people even think they're cool!

Good luck with everything. ;D

Okay so the spelling bee - if you won last year, then that's good. You know that you have the ability to do well. just don't overthink it or you'll psych yourself out when it comes, just think about all the positive things about it, instead of the things that you're afraid of.

And I find that writing out the word with my finger when I spell it helps, too.

Oh, and try to eat bananas, and turkey because I've heard that they calm you. x]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back