Say No...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But see, the thing is, is that the Bible says: "One should not sleep with a man as he does with a women" so technicaly it's not saying anything about lesbians... Also if God tells us to love everyone, and not discrimnitaing, aren't gay people being discriminated against? Just some points.
No, gay people are not being discriminated against. As a Christian, I believe that gays/lesbian have the right to be as they are - in most cases they cannot help it, it's just the way they are. But if this is the case, I don't think they should marry because of all that tamaw/pants has said about the man-woman marriage relationship of raising a family, etc. Of course God still loves them, and we should all respect them too, but marriage + gays is not what I believe in.

I also believe that although the Bible states that a man should not sleep with another man as he does with a woman, this applies to women as well. If you read the Bible, you'll notice that God is referred to as a 'he', even though he is not a human and has no gender. Also, when the Bible is giving a point, it will not say 'she' as often as it will use 'he' as the example. This doesn't mean that it applies to men - it applies to men and women alike. I believe this is another one of those cases, where 'he' will be used instead of saying 'he/she'.

But I entirely respect your opinion and would just like to say that I think you phrase all your questions/comments in a very respectable, non-accusatory way. I respect you for that. :mellow:

~bratztroxg

I think homosexuals have every right to get married, but marriage is between a woman and a man. If homosexuals get married, it should not be called marriage, because in marriage, you don't kiss the groom, you kiss the bride, it's not husband and husband, it's husband and wife. If homosexuals wish to have a ceremony to seal their love in an eternal bond, be my guest, just don't call it marriage.

I accidentally voted for yes...I meant to vote for no. x.x

I have nothing against homosexuals and gay marriage. Personally, I don't think it should be such a big deal. People are people.

I think homosexuals have every right to get married, but marriage is between a woman and a man. If homosexuals get married, it should not be called marriage, because in marriage, you don't kiss the groom, you kiss the bride, it's not husband and husband, it's husband and wife. If homosexuals wish to have a ceremony to seal their love in an eternal bond, be my guest, just don't call it marriage.
Your reply got me thinking, if homosexuals called their marriage something else, like I don't know, a love ceremony o_O would they be able to get 'married'?

No, gay people are not being discriminated against. As a Christian, I believe that gays/lesbian have the right to be as they are - in most cases they cannot help it, it's just the way they are. But if this is the case, I don't think they should marry because of all that tamaw/pants has said about the man-woman marriage relationship of raising a family, etc. Of course God still loves them, and we should all respect them too, but marriage + gays is not what I believe in.
I also believe that although the Bible states that a man should not sleep with another man as he does with a woman, this applies to women as well. If you read the Bible, you'll notice that God is referred to as a 'he', even though he is not a human and has no gender. Also, when the Bible is giving a point, it will not say 'she' as often as it will use 'he' as the example. This doesn't mean that it applies to men - it applies to men and women alike. I believe this is another one of those cases, where 'he' will be used instead of saying 'he/she'.

But I entirely respect your opinion and would just like to say that I think you phrase all your questions/comments in a very respectable, non-accusatory way. I respect you for that. :D

~bratztroxg
Well, of course that once source isn't the only place where it's discussed, either.

I had a friend say it doesn't matter because a man can't sleep with a man the same one he sleeps with a woman - no dur, lol! Different anatomy but it's pretty obvious what it's meaning.

With the discrimination deal, we aren't discriminating - or at least true Christians following what God said to do aren't. God said to love others and gay and lesbians are not disclueded from that. Plus, if we treated everyone that sinned as bad and tainted, we'd have to treat everyone and ourselves that way because we've all sinned. I find them no different from the little girl down the street and her grandma - she may be no lesbian but maybe she struggles with disobeying her parents, which is a sin aswell.

Of course, we're all human and make mistakes and get things wrong but God loves all, bottom line, and I'm sad that some Christians don't get that. <_<

I wouldn't say gay people can't help it, though, because God wouldn't create someone one way and say 'oh, well sucks for you I guess' but some people are more influenced to be a certain way just like someone may be more influenced to be sexualy impure with the opposite sex. Maybe they have a higher sex drive and struggle with it but that doesn't make it any more okay.

Agreed.

On a side note:

It's not really discrimination, if you don't exactly AGREE on a certain topic.

Ex:

If I don't care for the Asian girl down the street, In my book, that wouldn't be catagorized as discrimination against Asians.... :/

Oh Yeah! As i am Catholic, I respect Gay/ Lesbian People, but I don't want it legal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if your gay/bi or in love with animals

as long as your happy, thats great. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they call that a union, correct me if im wrong.

A marriage in an economical union. It really doesn't have a whole lot to so with love. So, in that respect, I think homosexuals should have the same rights to economical benefits as straight people.

Why should a man who loves a man have to pay higher taxes than a man that loves a woman?

Also; homosexuals are capable of raising famalies. Infact, they take care of alot of those pro-life babies that end up in orphanages.

I think a lot of you folks are being drawn into a discussion about whether it is OK for gays to marry or not.

Forget (just for a moment) your religious discussion and ask yourself (as an intelligent, open-minded young person of today) these two questions;

1. Do I believe that it is right that a person should suffer legal, economic or administrative discrimination because of their sexual orientation?

2. Do I believe that a homosexual should have equal rights and benefits in law/legally as a straight person?

If Prop.8 is passed then it will be illegal for a same sex couple to marry and therefore denies the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples.

I guess I am saying that even if you are a committed Christian (for example) who believes that marriage should only be between a man and a woman do you also believe that a homosexual in a life long same sex relationship should not get the same legal benefits, the same tax advantages, the same treatment UNDER STATE LAWS that a married man or a woman in a life long relationship get?

From what I can see, Prop.8 is not about "the religious sanctity" of marriage.

It's about equal rights and benefits IN LAW as a man and a woman.

I don't even live in the USA and I can see there are important civil rights issues here that are being "hidden" by the religious debate.

I'm hoping intelligent voters will be able to see this and look at the implications for discrimination in law against homosexuals.

I support Gay Marriage completely. If two men/women want to get married, why shouldn't they be able to? They're not harming anyone.

Why should Straight people have more rights than Gay people? Plus, I read recently that Men make a much better role model to growing up kids, So I also think theres a chance they would make better parents. (Of course they'd most likely have to adopt).

Just thought of something.

If someone had a Sex Change and married a Man. People probably would let it go ahead, Just because that person has had the sex change. But if they don't, people disagree with their marriage. This is just what I think.

This falls under the same catagory that I classify my views on abortion.

I personally do not believe in gay marrige. I am not fighting for homosexual marrige to be legal; I will never partake in a homosexual relationship.

I do believe though that people should be able to love whoever they want to love, and share their affection in a public way like marrige. So therefore, I think it takes away the rights of the people by outlawing homosexual marrige.

So although my personal beliefs do not condone gay marrige, I think it should definately still be legal.

Yeah, sure.. let them get married and be miserable like everyone else. =D

I personally don't support it but if they want the law to get in to their union, go for it and make it an expensive hassle to leave the marriage. *rolls eyes*

I think homosexual relationships should be treated equal to heterosexual ones.

Why shouldn't two men get the same economic benefits as one man and one woman?

Personally, I see it as a sort of discrimination to not give someone equal benefit just because of their sexual orientation and who they love. Sort of reminds me of the past, when African Americans were discriminated against because of the color of their skin and when women didn't have the same liberties as men. I'd compare giving one group more benefits to that. But, that's just me.

A marriage in an economical union. It really doesn't have a whole lot to so with love. So, in that respect, I think homosexuals should have the same rights to economical benefits as straight people.
Why should a man who loves a man have to pay higher taxes than a man that loves a woman?

Also; homosexuals are capable of raising famalies. Infact, they take care of alot of those pro-life babies that end up in orphanages.
I think a lot of you folks are being drawn into a discussion about whether it is OK for gays to marry or not.
Forget (just for a moment) your religious discussion and ask yourself (as an intelligent, open-minded young person of today) these two questions;

1. Do I believe that it is right that a person should suffer legal, economic or administrative discrimination because of their sexual orientation?

2. Do I believe that a homosexual should have equal rights and benefits in law/legally as a straight person?

If Prop.8 is passed then it will be illegal for a same sex couple to marry and therefore denies the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples.

I guess I am saying that even if you are a committed Christian (for example) who believes that marriage should only be between a man and a woman do you also believe that a homosexual in a life long same sex relationship should not get the same legal benefits, the same tax advantages, the same treatment UNDER STATE LAWS that a married man or a woman in a life long relationship get?

From what I can see, Prop.8 is not about "the religious sanctity" of marriage.

It's about equal rights and benefits IN LAW as a man and a woman.

I don't even live in the USA and I can see there are important civil rights issues here that are being "hidden" by the religious debate.

I'm hoping intelligent voters will be able to see this and look at the implications for discrimination in law against homosexuals.
(I love you, Tamamum :])

I think homosexual relationships should be treated equal to heterosexual ones.Why shouldn't two men get the same economic benefits as one man and one woman?

Personally, I see it as a sort of discrimination to not give someone equal benefit just because of their sexual orientation and who they love. Sort of reminds me of the past, when African Americans were discriminated against because of the color of their skin and when women didn't have the same liberties as men. I'd compare giving one group more benefits to that. But, that's just me.
(I love you too, Diva<33)

I agree with all of the above.

Also, I'll make the same point that I've made in previous topics regarding gay marriage:

I think religion in a topic like this should be completely discarded. Completely.

Seeing as this would be a law that would be passed, you should look at the rules of the economy, and the law, civil rights, etc, not the bible.

Basing a law off of a religion that not everyone believes in shouldn't be allowed.

I respect your personal beliefs, I just don't think that religion shouldn't factor into the argument as much as it has.

If you don't approve of gay marriage, then don't participate in a gay relationship --- it's that simple.

I actually don't think that a bunch of gays getting married would affect any straight persons life in a negative way.

I'd like someone to explain what harm it will do to them personally if a gay man or lesbian woman they don't even know gets married.

Well anyway, bye<3

Just an added note; The only reason I can see anybody opposing gay marriage is for religious reasons. If I know America, there is supposed to be a separation of church and state.

I agree with all of the above.
Also, I'll make the same point that I've made in previous topics regarding gay marriage:

I think religion in a topic like this should be completely discarded. Completely.

Seeing as this would be a law that would be passed, you should look at the rules of the economy, and the law, civil rights, etc, not the bible.

Basing a law off of a religion that not everyone believes in shouldn't be allowed.

I respect your personal beliefs, I just don't think that religion shouldn't factor into the argument as much as it has.

If you don't approve of gay marriage, then don't participate in a gay relationship --- it's that simple.

I actually don't think that a bunch of gays getting married would affect any straight persons life in a negative way.

I'd like someone to explain what harm it will do to them personally if a gay man or lesbian woman they don't even know gets married.

Well anyway, bye<3
That bolded part. Right there. Bam.

Exactly.

America gives us freedom of religion, so there are many many diverse religions practiced all over this country. I don't think one of them (majority, or not) should be singled out and have a law based off of.

Everyone should be able to marry who they want. Government should have no say in that.

So I had a debate with myself one night. It was because I couldent sleep, and i took some benedryll and that stuff makes me crazy. One of the arguments that I had was: If you say the marriage of tomatos and and baisl made the sauce compleat, nobody freaks out about the baisl and tomatos have no right to marry. Also the Constution says that church and state should be seprate. If prop eight would be passed, then that would contridict the constution. the definiton of marraige according to any holy book is that only men shall marry women, or something like that, so if church and state are seprate now, I don't think they will be for any longer.

Just an added note; The only reason I can see anybody opposing gay marriage is for religious reasons. If I know America, there is supposed to be a separation of church and state.
Also freedom to chose your religion or lack there of.

There was a question just like it a few years ago on the Massachusetts state ballot. It was question 1, and most people voted they did not want homosexuals to marry, but it became legal anyway. Don't remember how, though.

As for me, I'm all for gay rights. I don't see anything wrong with a man wanting to be with another man or a woman wanting to be with another woman. It's their choice if they want to be together, not the government's. My dad disagrees though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back