Scared of the Dark

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get a night light i have one just so i can see to go to the bathroom at night -^.^- before i fell on my chest just getting up that was painfull >.<.

The only way I sleep if it's PITCH DARK. When I turn off the lights I run really fast back in my bed!!!!! :wub: I love sleeping when the air conditor or heater is on because It makes soft noises!!! :D :lol:

I had a night lite when i was little.. a mickey mouse one XD

....Being Scared of the dark is a normal Phase, alot of kids go through it but at different ages

Heheh i used to be scared of the dark too^^" I remember I used to have all the lights at my house on. Then I grew older. Now Im afraid of light o.o"

A NIGHT LIFE MAKES IT SCARIER ;) :( I not being mean. I'm scared. Sorry.
My fan is on high so it hums softly.

You can also get yourself a sound machine... Listen to the Ocean or a Brook... My clock has one but i never notice it that it's the ocean anymore... it's soft background noise to help me relax. Also maybe read a book before bed or listen to a radio to get more mind occupied on your favorite songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what i do I like turn the lights off the hallway and in my bedroom then i think about nice things than as i close my eyes i go to sleep TRY IT!

Aww, I was scared of the dark, too.. I still am a little bit!

I was always afraid of the dark, when I thought that there was a murderer in my window, or this guy with a gun and knife, (I want this to make you feel BETTER! xD) and even... I thought the Mofia leader was watching me through the windows of my bedroom. :eek: o_O BUT.. I got over those fears! (90.99%, I should say lol :D ) Here's how:

.Always have something with you, it was my first step, so that I knew that there was something there with me ;') I wasn't alone :lol:

.Don't think of it as a scary, dark place where lots of terrible things could happen; think happily.. "Oh yes! I'm skipping in the dark! Dark.. is good! bibidi bobidi boo!" :p

.Maybe you and your parent could create a system, where a chart is created, and if you stay in the dark for lets say ten minutes alone, you earn a star. Once you reach a certain amount of stars you could receive something special, then you move on to another system :D

.Put some nice music on, it helps calm you down, and not be so parenoid about anyting bad happening; infact, I used to listen to meditating music, it helps you discover "inner calm" :')

.A good way to help you sleep calmer and better is to count your exhales, I got that from something called the "John Tesh radio show" off my radio :D

I hope that helps a little. Good luck overcoming your fear! Remember: no one's afraid of nothing :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 dogs and 1 cat.Usually they sleep on the bed with me next to me or bye the end of my bed.I usually fall asleep with the t.v. on cuz I cant without it and then my mom comes in and turns it off.The door in my room is always on and I look straight out the door and my parents bedroom door is open so I see my mom watching t.v. or something and I feel calm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back