School..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly_Clarkson7

Reaction score
Dear TT,

Schools coming closer and closer each day. I will be going into grade... seven.. and here is where my problem begins. I just plain think I'm going to die, last year in grade six I wasn't exactly what you would call a great student, and I think I missed out on alot of important stuff. I'm basicly asking for advice. I know the number one thing is to have confidence, so I'll try to keep positive thoughts... But I really need good advice, maybe a few websites to get me ready? anything!

Thanks in Advance,

KC7 :(

Get lots of sleep; don't stay up late at night. (For grade 7, I think 9:30 PM - yes - is probably late enough, even on weekends.) If you stay up late Friday night, you'll sleep in late on Saturday, which will then contribute to staying up late on Saturday night, and sleeping in later on Sunday, which will then make it difficult to go to bed at a decent time on Sunday night, and so you won't be able to wake up on time on Monday morning, and of course all of this just leads to a run-on sentence, like this one.

Eat breakfast every morning.

Pay attention to the teacher in class; take notes. If there's something you don't understand, ask about it.

Do your homework as soon as you get home from school; don't wait until the last minute then just throw something together in a rush.

[SIZE=8pt]Last year, (when I was in 7th grade) I was very nervous, until I saw my friends. I decided to be nice to the teachers (but not too nice) and I was fine. All you have to do really is pay close attention, and ask for help when you need it. Study for tests! This really helped me with a few science tests. If you have time in the morning before the bell rings, then go up and down the hall to see where your classrooms are. This will save you from being an embarassing 10 minutes late... I know from experience. :furawatchi: Try to find out a routine of when to make a stop at your locker, because if you go to your locker between every class, you may be late. use an accordion folder, that way you won't have to get a billion other folders and lose /rip them all. :wacko: if you try to put some notebooks in your binder, you have them all ready for alot of classes. I found that if you get a binder with tons of pockets, you will have all of your supplies with you, so no worries of leaving a pencil case in your locker :unsure: You could also try to carry your locker combination in a notebook in case you forget for the first week or so. I hope I helped![/SIZE]

study study study and keep doing it go to bed at 8:30 its gotta happen set your clock at 6:30 study get ready and walk into grade 7 like your a smart (not that i no of) kid and walk into the classroom unpack and a big big test your gonna look at it dont take your eyes of it and you will get a A thats what you gotta do lad

Don't worry, I went through grade 7 last year. Piece of cake. But you could see if your school has a website. Usually it offers homework help and tips for every subject. At least thats what our does. I can't be sure if yours will, because I don't know if you are in middle school or elementry, (Im in elementry). Get lots of sleep, (I didn't, XD I stayed up every night till 12:30, around 2 on the weekends! Not that it worked out for me). Go to sleep at latest around 10:30. Good luck. Oh, and eat a good breakfast, and dont, I repeat DONT DO YOUR HOMEWORK LAST MINUTE! YOU WILL REGRET IT IN THE END WHEN REPORTS COME OUT! :eek:

Dear TT,
Schools coming closer and closer each day. I will be going into grade... seven.. and here is where my problem begins. I just plain think I'm going to die, last year in grade six I wasn't exactly what you would call a great student, and I think I missed out on alot of important stuff. I'm basicly asking for advice. I know the number one thing is to have confidence, so I'll try to keep positive thoughts... But I really need good advice, maybe a few websites to get me ready? anything!

Thanks in Advance,

KC7 :D
hey dont worry i started gard 7 yesterday it was cool evry 1 was nice and i made loads of friends and if ur worryed stay with 1 of ur teaches or somthing

Grade 7 is the best year ever, except grade 8, which is great so far.

Okay, first off, BE ORGANIZED! That is my number one rule I am going to say to you. Date your work, bring a binder with dividers, skicky notes, calenders, ANYTHING to help you remember dates and keep notes and work neat and tidy. Believe me on this one, I almost failed my history/geography class because of this problem, don't make my mistake.

Also, if your friends are being stupid (aka ignoring you, hanging out with "populars") just find new friends for different situations (like sports, bus lines, class and study, etc) and try to focuse on work. I am going through that problem right now, and I am just fine.

If you know an answer in class, don't be embarrassed to shoot up your hand and attempt to answer. It gives you more "participation" marks on your report card, and the feeling of getting it right is great.

Don't be a loser and try to be funny, because some people like to get their work done. It's okay to be a little goofy but the teachers in middle school have more "strict" rules.

And one more thing: Try not to be late for class, or you might have to pay back somehow. Last year we were all late for gym, like 20 minutes late, and we had to run for 20 minutes! Just try not to be late to fool around, because it could come back at you.

Hope I helped, middle school isn't that much different as grade 6, make the best of it because these are probably the best years of your school life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back