Should I get a ID-L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordboss

Reaction score
I have always been wanting a color Tamagotchi but have never bought one, well I currently have some money and I am thinking of buying one, I am unsure if I should thought because I was saving up to buy a kindle. I think that I would prefure to have a Tamagotchi ID-L as I don't really read much. But I am unsure, I would like to have some information on what you think about the ID L and it's pros and cons.

Thanks

Jordboss

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey jordboss - I think both the Kindle and ID L are great things to have: one for play and one for education. It's a good balance! As far as choosing, it's really where your priorities stand. While the ID L is my absolute favourite Tamagotchi (besides the P1/P2), they will only grow in value and may someday be hard to come by. Consider it a collector's investment. Kindle's and e-readers alike are increasingly becoming more popular therefore resulting in a more affordable product. Like any piece of mainstream technology, the more popular the demand it has, the lower the price tag. I think we will soon be seeing e-readers at the checkout line in BestBuys, FutureShops and electronic stores across the globe in the next few years. I remember when LCD computer monitors and TVs were a "big deal", the technology is so mass produced that it's become a standard for pretty much all TVs and computer monitors at a relatively affordable price. I can see e-readers taking this route.

It's really about perspective: can you wait on the Kindle? Is it something you really want? Same with the ID L, does the cost justify how badly you want it? Prices on the ID L are more likely to go up compared to a Kindle or e-reader - something to keep in mind.

I get equal amount of use from both my e-reader and ID L. The ID L has so many fun features from the decorating choices and pets to the characters and the relatively low key ease of caring. I adore the ID L and I'm sure if you snoop around TT a little, you'll see that many other users do as well. I love my e-reader just the same (an iPad 2). I love the slim profile, the ability to store literally hundreds if not thousands of books on it - and I can take it wherever I go. Kindle's have that amazing e-ink screen which I'm just blown away by. The portability and slim profiles of e-readers are just incredible, it's definitely the way of the future for books IMO.

I hope this helps you make a decision. Most importantly, have fun spending it on something that you really want. Both the Kindle and ID L are amazing things to have!

I've had my IDL for a few weeks now. I love it. It is my first color and well worth what I payed... I got lucky on the sale yet from Jason's store on Ebay.... I would get the IDL first, Kindles are still out here and they don't change the price like people in Japan do, often.

It has tons of features. Color (Duh) Personalization, 32 Characters, Pets, Fun games, Happy Stamps to collect.... There is plenty there to keep you entertained.

I would look at OldSchoolTama's Log. It has tons of stuff on the IDL.

You can always save for a Kindle... but if you don't read much, you could also save for a Nook. (Barns & Nobles) If I'm not mistaken... I think I saw a few Apps on one of the new Color versions the other day. (Angry Birds....) My Grandma has a Black and White Nook she likes alot, (Cheapest version....) but I'm not sure about the Kindle because I don't know anyone with one.... We either have the Nook or the IPad. Although, I also don't know the price difference between them... Just as you said you don't read much.... Just another option to point out.

I would say the ID L.It's just,I don't know.I think tamagotchi outstand alot of things.I mean,Kindle won't beep at you,No bonding with Kindle! Think about it,Then come back to me with a couple mars bars XD

Translation for fellow chinese:

我想說的ID L.這只是,我不知道。認為電子雞與眾不同之不少。我的意思是,它不會嗶你,沒有粘合用點燃!想想看,然後回來給我一對夫婦火星吧哈哈

Well I have decided to get a ID L, the main reason being that the Tamagotchi ID L could just disappear of eBay one day and never return, the kindle on the other hand will always be available. So because of that I am getting a ID L. However; tomorrow I am going to take a long walk down to the bank and put some money into my bank, I will then have just enough to buy a ID L. Should I choose SAL mail or EMS, I kinda really want it quick so I might just go for that one as Its the holidays and would really like to have it running with me at the moment. So anyway if you was in my shoes what would you choose? Thanks for your time :)

--Was just going to reply, I believe you made the best decision. Even used Colors are still going for a lot as well if you were to sell. (If you end up not liking it. XD) And this probably would go for the Color as well (but I doubt it XD) the kindle is going to constantly made better and better so eventually there will be a cheaper + more efficient kindle for the same price, and the original kindle price will keep decreasing. (Like what happened to my original IPod which I now fully regret buying. x.x) But the Color is one of a kind. xD

- Just reinforcing your choice! Bwahaha

Well I'm very impatient but when it comes to more money I am even worse, I would go with SAL because it would be cheaper and you have mroe time to plan out what you want to do! ^^

If you want to pay the extra few bucks, Do EMS. You will also have a tracking number. SAL can take up to a month..... Airmail can take up to two weeks... Sometimes people give tracking numbers for Airmail.... but you need to ask.

I buy most of my stuff from out of country with EMS, Its worth the extra money for it. Just watch some people put excessive costs on shipping EMS. You can pick the prices up fairly quickly if you look around a bit.

Yeah I have just enough for EMS, I have like $1 left if I buy with EMS, I am really inpatient and I hate waiting. As it is worth Alot I will be using EMS I think. J just got to go down the bank now and then get home and buy of eBay,

The prices have gone down all of a sudden for some reason. I would be gutted if they all went up all of a sudden!

Thanks for your time :)

Jordboss

Cool! I might just have to check them out now! But early congrats on your tama!

I know this has been answered, but for anyone else looking, a list of pros and cons can be found HERE

Don't worry, the question has been answered and I have bought one :) thanks anyway!

For sure its worth it I have one coming in the mail it will be here very soon and I dont have any regrets it is worth it :) .

Did you read the post above? My question has been answered! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back