Should I worry about battery corrosion on my V6?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittygotchi

Reaction score
I just ordered a Music Star today that is still in all its packaging because I have no sense of self control

I know that on older tamas battery corrosion is something that a lot of people worry about when they buy one that comes with the original battery, but I'm wondering if the Music Stars are "of that age" where the original batteries would be problematic.

I would like to know if it's safe for me to use the Music Star without replacing the battery or not?

Hey there,

Just so you know most batteries that are packaged with toys like these are just "test" batteries and are not meant to run for a long period of time. The batteries will more than likely be fine - the Tamagotchi is not that old a release, but certain things like heat or cold can wreak havoc on batteries.

When you get the tama I would recommend at least opening it up to check the battery to make sure it is fine (not pulling the tab, but opening the back up) if it looks okay then I would say use the battery to test it out and make sure the item works before you leave feedback for your seller. The battery probably won't last long though, so a back up battery would be something to keep on hand :)

Hope that helps!

-Purn

I would check the battery to be safe. This is what you should do:

DO NOT PULL THE TAB ON THE TAMA. This tab could save your Tama if there is corrosion. Unscrew the back of the Tamagotchi and check the battery. If something looks wrong then put on some gloves and carefully remove and dispose of the battery properly.

Thanks for the help guys! I just haven't bought a tama that's still in it's package since the release of the V3! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back