Smoking - Your Opinions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't do cigarettes. However, I am really into smoking hookah. I love it! I'm a regular at the hookah bar close to where I live ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 100% against smoking of any kind (tobacco, marijuana etc.) Its gross, terrible for your health and the health of those around you.

I cannot stand the super addicted people at school, they smell like they bath in the stuff, on top of terrible body oder (which is most likely because they have terrible hygiene habits, unrelated to smoking)

All-in-all i find it gross

I don't really care. it's no one's business but the smokers. as long as you do it in the privacy of your home then I don't care. but if you're out in public where that garbage can get in my lungs, then we have a problem. drinking in public is illegal here, smoking should be banned too.

I have always been lucky, because my parent's quit smoking a few years ago, before I started. My Auntie and Uncle smoke, and they do not seem to want to quit which I find strange. I have noticed though with myself, I only tended to smoke at Collage and when I was drinking with friends. I do occasionally have one or two but I am no longer a regular smoker.

Its a personal choice and I'm not gonna judge someone for making the choice to smoke. Not a fan of them myself though.

alright let me rant.

depends on what kind of smoking you are talking about. i am a strong activist of legalizing marijuana. so smoking bud , yes that's fine.

cigarettes on the other hand are very dangerous. so i dont approve of those.

but the new vapor ones that they have are cool so. whatever.

do what makes you happy.

Im an on and off smoker (I tend to smoke when stressed)

And they make you feel like crap, make your teeth yellow, EXPENSIVE (14 bucks for pack of decent cigs such as players) and they're just horrible.

Please don't try them, even if you're curious.

I smoke Hookah with my boyfriend as a form of meditation, but I wouldn't touch Cigarettes/Marijuana/Cigars.

I don't really see the point of smoking cigarettes, but I'm not going to get mad at someone for doing it. If they really want to than it's their choice.

I think cigarettes are disgusting and most of the people I know that smoke them are really rude and bring it in my car without asking and I really hate it. I'm not against other forms of smoking such as hookah or marijuana though, they aren't nearly as bad for you as cigarettes are, and marijuana actually has a lot of different medical benefits (it can be used a sleeping aid, a pain reliever, it relieves nausea, and it also relieves a lot of different anxiety disorders, whereas cigarette tobacco is picked up off the factory floor and there are a million different chemicals in them. One time a friend of mine found an entire nail in their cigarette!)

Ever since I was little my mom told me smoking was wrong. My mom tried it once when she was 15 and she hated it, and my dad never smoked once in his life. Personally, I don't think I will ever smoke because I think it's really harmful. However, I think if someone wants to smoke they have every right to, and I wouldn't judge them if they did. My grandma used to smoke a lot, but he stopped eventually.

I guess it depends on what you're smoking.

I don't care if others smoke because it's their choice, but I am so against smoking in public.

Sadly I've quit many times and eventually gone back to it. I seriously hate smoking so much, Yet I continue to do it.

I do plan on quitting very soon. It's expensive here in Wales (a country in the UK) and although I can just about afford it,

I can't afford to do the other things that I want to do. I want to see my friends, go on trips, buy new clothing ect and with spending

the amount that I do on cigarettes, I cannot do all of these things. My goal is to quit when my pouch of Tabacco runs out. I will then switch

back to my electric one and continue with that for good.

My man does it I used to currently pregant and i hate being around the smoke so much. it is horrible for your health and is a very bad habbit. I know many people that do it andvgrew up around it.

Ever since I was little, I knew I never wanted to smoke. My grandfather, the relative I was closest with as a kid, died from lung cancer after smoking the majority of his life. Seeing him suffer so badly and seeing my family members suffer along with him when I was so young made up my mind for me.

Even though I made that decision for myself, I do believe it's up to every individual to make up his or her own decision about smoking. In the past, friends who have smoked respected my sensitivity to the cigarette smell (I get nauseous) and have kindly stepped away from me while smoking. At the same time, I never complained about their smoking habits or asked them to stop. I respect others as much as they respect me. ^_^

The only person I've influenced enough to stop smoking was my husband. He smoked occasionally when we were teens, before we officially started dating, but he then completely dropped it when he found out I wouldn't get involved romantically with a smoker. As I explained to him, I couldn't see a person I loved deteriorate in front of me again. After being together so long, he's told me he's grateful he stopped back when he did. I'm just glad both of us are happy about that kind of life decision! It's always been important since we've had a really solid "life plan" whenever it comes to our future-- health, family and everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back