Sneaking tamagotchi into school

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder will using a crochet cover work bc no one will know its a tama they'll just think that its a weird ball of yarn thing with a keychain :eek:

Since my last post on this topic, my collection has grown considerably. I made my own pencil bag out of a gallon-size ziplock and some duct tape and added a secret pocket just for my tamas so that no one will see them. It looks like I'm looking for my pencils/pens, but I am really checking my tamas! :D

The time when I almost got caught by the teacher :

Just before the Christmas holidays I brought my music star into school. (I lost my v4 tama :( , but my mam bought me a music star :) ) Anyways, I kept my music star in my phone pouch on the strap of my bag. I kept it there because when I have my bag on my chair and when our class does library reading I pretend that I'm reading , but I'm actually play with my tama. One time I did this and I was sitting beside a telly tattler and he seen me playing with my tama. He said to me "I am gonna tell on you". So he told the teacher and the teacher said are you playing with a gadget?? I quickly changed the time method on my tama and I said no , it tells the time. The telly tattler said no she's not!! she was playing a game on it!! (That was a lie because he couldn't see what I was doing on my tama because I was turned the opposite direction) The teacher said be quiet! The gadget only tells the time! At this point I was like Phew! ^_^ lol.

Now for my embarrassing tama moment :

On the day of my embarrassing tama moment my classroom was having a maths test. It was a hard maths test and everyone who was doing the maths test was very quiet. Anyways , I was finally finished the maths test so I decided to play my tama BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER , but everyone else wasn't finished it. I took out my tama out of my phone pouch and I asked to go toilet. Our toilets are in our classroom , so it isn't the best place to play with my tama. In the toilets I was feeding , playing and cleaning my tama. The sound was ON. But I didn't relaise that the sound was on. I went back to my seat and I pretended that I was getting something out of my back. The sound was still on and I was going into preschool and all of a sudden music came out from my tama. Everyone heard it. I quickly just sat on my tama! lol. My teacher was so curious to know what it was and who was it. But my teacher never found out.

Here are some tama tips! :

1. SOUND OFF ALWAYS

2. Go to toilets between periods

3. NEVER play with it during tests

4. If you get caught playing with your tama , change it quickly to the time method

5.Tuck up your sleeves and play with your tama from the inside of your jumper

Hope these tips were helpful! :D ^_^ :)

My best friend Julia gave me a loan of her tamagotchi id l in November. I thought I would just sneak it into school for the lols of it XD Everything was going well until......

In November our teacher (principal) announced at our schools assembly that we were going to a show case. She also said that one of the people who was working at the show case is going to be picking a child from each class to do an announcement. On the day we went to the showcase , I decided to bring Julia's id l ..... (Julia hated me for this lol but she forgave me after a sentence lol) Anyways , all the performers was done , and it was time for the chosen people to do the speech and I was one of them! I still had Julia's id l in my pocket. It was my time to go up for the speech. There was a microphone there for me to speek into it. Julia's id l was a baby and you all know how needy they are! At the end of my speech , before everyone clapped , somehow my baby turned into a toddler and somehow went to preschool without me touching it!!!!!!!(I think it was because everyone was squishing me and it might of pressed the buttons) Music came out from my pocket and EVERYONE heard the music. And that was my embarrassing tama moment EVER

I'm going back to school soon just got a tama-go for Christmas I'm definitely taking it to school :)

I'm going back to school soon just got a tama-go for Christmas I'm definitely taking it to school :)

If anyone is wondering wat pausing or how it effects your tamas growth lemme give you an example. Say you have a baby tama that evolves in 1 hour it's 3:00 and you have to go somewhere so you pause it. You return 2hrs later at 5:00 and un pause it and you wonder when will it evolve? It will evolve at 6:00 instead. So pausing a tama works just like pausing a tv show it will start at the exact time it was paused and will have the exact time left wen un paused your welcome. :)

Also I brought my tama to school yesterday and it was really nevere reacking so I'm just gonna put it to sleep and leave it at home lol peace :D

I had to bring my tama today...

It's a v4 I started once again running, continuing on at gen 5 to 6 with a baby and a father...

I had to give them time, so leaving them to sleep I made it to make him leave before i get back home! time won! ^_^

I felt so odd bringing a tama at school after so long... it was nice! :D

In high school, I used to just hang them off my bag like they were accessories or something, and played with them when I was alone. xD Although they did get a bit scuffed up that way.. The people who didn't know what they were didn't care, and the people who did know already thought I was weird. I was kind of the weird kid in school. x-x

Though, one time, my history teacher saw my V4.5 and was walking up to me. I thought I was going to be in trouble or something, but he just looked at it and shouted "IT POOPED!" xD It was kind of funny, but kind of embarrassing too.

I would always bring a tamagotchi to school with me. I would just have them in a pocket in a fleece or on the table. (depending on the class) They always had the sound off, but the older had the heartbeat sounds. Rarely heard by anyone. My teachers liked them because it kept me busy and quiet. Especially when reading.

I am so thankful of the day I didn't have them. One day of the school year, I just didn't grab them. I missed them all day, hoping they were enjoying the day off from school. (being bored without games all day too) I got off the bus and rushed home to them. I put the key to my door of my house in. Being of good hearing, I could already hear them. I go into my house, banshees, screeching banshees. I go toward the noise, my room. I check my tamas and they are both screeching. I undid the battery and bam, noise stopped. I had both of my v1 screeching randomness. For who knows how long... They didn't die, they were just dancing on the screen. Figures they teamed up for something like this...

I just wonder what would have happend that day if I snuck it into school. Teacher approved, parents, not so much at the time. Poor v1s. They still work, but no more screeching for them. Needless to say, when I have those on, a screwdriver comes with me too.

Actually, my tamagotchi watch did that one day too. I had to tape it to get it quiet. No screwdriver anywhere and people were staring...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone knows i love tamagotchis and they just either say "Oh i remember those!" or "Thats so stupid." But i just laugh it off and continue copying their homework. xD

I'm a sophmore, (year 10, 10th grade) and i ask all my friends if they have any and surprisingly, alot of them say "Yeah i probably still have mine, i'll look for it and if i find it, you can have it!"

I'm so weird i have no idea why my friends still like me. They look at me like "if u keep singing ur jpnses stuff i swear2god" yet they still love me. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I also used to bring mine to school all the time, I did it when I was in vocational school too (it's like college here). Nobody ever questioned 18 year old male playing with tamagotchi's at school. xD And I even made couple driends through them, since some of my classmates would gather around me and play with my other Tama's I had with me. :3

Oh man, I used to bring my tamagotchi (original black with gray trim) to school in 4th-6th grade! That was back in '97-99, so it was a little less awkward for a guy to do so, though my friends and I were clearly in the minority gender-wise. When the Digimon virtual pet came out most of us added at least one to our collections (I had two, but one was stolen right after I had raised my first Teddymon! /anger). Our teachers let us have them, but only so long as they were not distracting us (which mostly meant only have them out between subjects, at recess or lunch time). We hung out at the far end of the playground, talking about our various pets, cleaning virtual poo, and fighting it out once the Digimon came along.

The only embarrassing moment I had wasn't even with my tamagotchi. A buddy has just picked up another virtual pet (neopet? Or maybe a nanopet?) and wanted to show me, but couldn't wait until recess. He passed it to me across the aisle when our teacher wasn't looking, but he had forgotten the First Commandment of Virtual Pets at School: Thou Shalt Not Leave The Sound On! And guess who payed for that mistake... I never even got a chance to see the pet on the screen. The unfortunate creature beeped for attention... And boy did it get it! The teacher turned around, saw our guilty looks, took one look at my balled up fist (with the key chain suspiciously dangling from between my fingers) and called me to the front of the class. Everyone laughed, the pet was confiscated, and my parents would have to come retrieve it!

My dad laughed when I told him about our predicament. The next time my buddy came over to our house, Dad told him his parents just had to ask my dad to go pick it up and he would. My buddy didn't want to get in trouble with his parents, do he decided to settle for his 9+ tamagotchis (that was a massive collection in those days). o_O

Oh, right, my advice will seem redundant to those who have followed this thread, but it boils down to discretion! It doesn't matter where you hide your pet, so long as the right people don't see it. I rediscovered my pets last Fall when I was last home at my parent's house. Since then I've been known to carry both my tamagotchi and my digimon with me (and the app on my phone). I set all to silent and only check on them when I know it's safe. I don't have to worry about a teacher catching me, but my boss, colleagues, or even the students in the classes I teach (all my students are older than myself. If not for that, I might be comfortable in showing them, maybe)... I would be happy to share my vpets with them, but in most cases I doubt they'd be interested. Plus, we all know there's a special joy that comes from hiding a little secret like this ;)

So yes, use discretion and only let those you're comfortable with and trust know you've got your tamagotchi, otherwise you're just painting a target on yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to a new school tomorrow and I will probably keep my Tamagotchi Friends in my little Nightmare Before Christmas bag (it's where I carry my 'Gotchis around all day, it's got a pocket so I can even carry a small screwdriver and batteries with me!) inside my backpack and luckily I bought trousers with pockets so my P2 will fit in there. I don't really hide the fact that I like and collect Tamagotchis, I know that some people don't like them and think they're childish but I don't really care ;) .

Back in high school, most of my teachers didn't care about my Tama's. I was in a gifted/disabled class so everyone had unique routines or things they brought with them to feel more comfortable. When teachers DID happen to care, I would hide my Tama in jeans pocket, sit at the back of the class, and take them out when the teacher's attention was elsewhere >:3 If the teacher looked over I would just dump it in my lap.

But wait till university ;) Then NOBODY cares. At least they don't at my school full of geeks and hipsters XD Profs assume that students have self-discipline, and no one has of yet judged me for sitting there with a Tamagotchi on the desk. In fact, people come up to me and say "OH I REMEBER THOSE!" or "What is that? It's rather cute." Just remember to have the sound off during classes!

i just figured out a couple insane ideas (use it if you want)

1. put your tam in a empty candy container (wash it pls)

2. make a book-container - glue the pages together until desired thickness, cut a hole in the middle, put tama in :D (dont glue the first few because you have to pretend ur reading them :) )

3.make a crazy pouch - only expose the screen and buttons, then glue a piece of fabric above the screen and a clothes' button(not tama button) under the screen so it can be covered (maybe its impossible to crochet itfabric might work idk)

well this is the end, hope my english isnt really bad and they helped(i dont speak english:/)

GOOD LUCK ON UR TAMA! :D

I used to bring my V3 and V4 to primary school ALL the time since kids were ok with it, I just had to hide it from the teachers ^w^'.

But now I'm in secondary school I no longer bring them because it's wayyyyy more rough and the bullies look for new victims everyday. I'm pretty sure if I brought a Tama to school i'd be on the top of their list!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back