Society

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be respectful of others opinions.
I dont think so.

I'm voicing my oppinions.

If I think *removed* Im gonna say so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I am just telling my opinion! Drugs like Crack and Pot have made the city were I live bad -.- Cell Phones arent that bad. But just dont tell me I lie when you dont even know what the City is like Downtown
Drugs have nothing to do with technology.

And I do, I've been to downtoan cities, now your the one assuming.

People are people, EVERYONE makes bad decisions. It's called personality.

Not everyone's gonna be like something straight out of a storybook.

It's called life.

I dont think so. I'm voicing my oppinions.

If I think *removed* Im gonna say so.
Well, tamatalk works in a way where you say everything with a smile plastered on your face, like it or not. So if you said that in a "respectful" way, then nobody would have a problem with that.

I'm not taking sides, just pointing that out.

I hate the people in society who are overly sensitive. Like, we can't even show movies about Ancient Greece in our classroom with the wars and stuff because these overly sensitive mothers sued the school because they thought it was too 'graphic'.

I also dislike people who think it's absolutely nessacary to be rude to make a point.

Stupid people get on my nerves too. It would be alot easier if they could understand me when I am speaking but people usually give me funny looks x.x

No child left behind is silly, too. Why should we stunt the entire learning process because a few children can't pass? If you ask me, they should just let the kids fail.

But I also like alot of stuff about our society.

My version of a good society would probably have a good learning system, an amount of labour everyone has to complete, and the ability to discipline your child. (I think not being alllowed to even touch your child without child services beign contacted is absolutely RIDICULOUS.)

I hate the people in society who are overly sensitive. Like, we can't even show movies about Ancient Greece in our classroom with the wars and stuff because these overly sensitive mothers sued the school because they thought it was too 'graphic'.
I also dislike people who think it's absolutely nessacary to be rude to make a point.

Stupid people get on my nerves too. It would be alot easier if they could understand me when I am speaking but people usually give me funny looks x.x

No child left behind is silly, too. Why should we stunt the entire learning process because a few children can't pass? If you ask me, they should just let the kids fail.

My version of a good society would probably have a good learning system, an amount of labour everyone has to complete, and the ability to discipline your child. (I think not being alllowed to even touch your child without child services beign contacted is absolutely RIDICULOUS.)
The "No Child Left Behind" Program just wants to help children have a good Future and not become Street Rats. But if the child doesn't even make and Attempt at passing, let em fail.

And the Discipline thing I do agree with, adults have the right to touch their child to a point. If a child starts back sassing really bad the adult has a right.

I am just saying Society has really fallen since Myspace has been abused, along with drugs and some Technologies. After those has been abused, society really has fallen. Atleast in my area :(

The "No Child Left Behind" Program just wants to help children have a good Future and not become Street Rats. But if the child doesn't even make and Attempt at passing, let em fail.
And the Discipline thing I do agree with, adults have the right to touch their child to a point. If a child starts back sassing really bad the adult has a right.

I am just saying Society has really fallen since Myspace has been abused, along with drugs and some Technologies. After those has been abused, society really has fallen. Atleast in my area :mimitchi:
.....some how I think your just being baised against your own oppinions. If technology was so bad...why do we keep advancing ? Because it HELPS. It SAVES and progress's us as human beings.

With every good comes a bad. : \ Someones always going to abuse something.

I completely agree. Especially with the stupid people comment. You wouldn't believe how annoying it is when you say something, and someone else disagrees with you, and calls you stupid. Even when you know you are correct. (This happens a lot to me, but my biggest issue with this was when some kids in my history class were telling me I was stupid for thinking Oceania is another name for the contienent of Austrailia.)

I also agree that children should be able to be physically punished. Giving them a 'grounding' won't do anything. Giving them a few smacks will.

In my opinion, if someone can't keep up with the class, they should get held back until they can keep up. In my school district we have many advanced children, and we mostly send the ones who can't keep up back to learn with the younger kids, or we send them to the 'resource' room, so they can get private specialized help.

I disagree with Physically harming children.

If you do it often enough the child will be scared to say anything that you might disagree or be wrong in fear of being slapped or whatever.

There are other ways with dealing with naughtiness without resorting to hurting someone.

I disagree with Physically harming children.
If you do it often enough the child will be scared to say anything that you might disagree or be wrong in fear of being slapped or whatever.

There are other ways with dealing with naughtiness without resorting to hurting someone.
Yes, they won't say anythig 'naughty' because they know they will get punished if they do. And they don't like the punishment, so therefore, they don't do anything. Beating your children senseless for nothing is wrong. Disciplining them isn't. Why do you think so many kids at your school always say "I'm grounded." If they get 'grounded' so often, then they can't be learning anything from it.

The generation before us was disciplined by our parents, and they have invented many new things and have done great things to help the world. If you smack your child, you won't turn them into a social reject who is afraid to say one word. If you abuse your child, then yes, that might happen.

Being physically disciplined and being abused are completely different things. The government just makes it sound like they're the same thing. It's not that bad to get hit when you do something wrong.

I never learn anything from getting 'grounded' or something of the sort. Most children learn from physical things. They won't learn not to touch the fire unless they get burned.

.....some how I think your just being baised against your own oppinions. If technology was so bad...why do we keep advancing ? Because it HELPS. It SAVES and progress's us as human beings. With every good comes a bad. : \ Someones always going to abuse something.

I know Techonology has helped us a great heap, but they way some people use it (Tracking people down, Even today I heard some girl posted on her Myspace she would kill this girl in my class) is the downfall. I wish some Teachonology would be used correctly ><

I know Techonology has helped us a great heap, but they way some people use it (Tracking people down, Even today I heard some girl posted on her Myspace she would kill this girl in my class) is the downfall. I wish some Teachonology would be used correctly ><
It's something thats always going to be abused.

Good is usually always followed by bad, but in this case. Good outweight's the bad.

little kids and spoiled ppl,lots of em think theyre better than you....one girl got a cellphone and she was 6,i dont eve have one yet.

little kids and spoiled ppl,lots of em think theyre better than you....one girl got a cellphone and she was 6,i dont eve have one yet.
Yeah children these days either are 10 times more materalistic as my generation or attempting to grow up too fast with the smaller clothing and the cell phones at 6. I didn't get my first cellphone until I was 19 XD!

Not all kids are brats, but the ones who are, you can tell who's not parenting properly and shouldn't of been having children to begin with :furawatchi: IMHO.

Society? More like the evolution of society. If you look back, way back, society has always been bad. What did man do in the prehistoric age? They beat on each other with clubs. Medieval ages? Killed each other with swords. Times of the mob? We shot at each other. Now? We shoot at each other with missiles.

Human beings are an ugly race who kill each other for petty differences. That's reality. And reality bites.

Society? More like the evolution of society. If you look back, way back, society has always been bad. What did man do in the prehistoric age? They beat on each other with clubs. Medieval ages? Killed each other with swords. Times of the mob? We shot at each other. Now? We shoot at each other with missiles.
Human beings are an ugly race who kill each other for petty differences. That's reality. And reality bites.
Yup, atleast we are civilized ^^ We dont kill people for the fun of it (Well that dont aplly to insane people)

Thank god we dont club each other to death x.x

Yup, atleast we are civilized ^^ We dont kill people for the fun of it (Well that dont aplly to insane people)
Thank god we dont club each other to death x.x
Civilized???

What history book are you reading???

KKK anyone? They killed the African-Americans, Jewish, and other groups for the sake of a minor difference in beliefs or skin color.

How about the German forces of World War I? They killed the Jewish over their religion.

Do you call that 'civilized'?

Civilized???
What history book are you reading???

KKK anyone? They killed the African-Americans, Jewish, and other groups for the sake of a minor difference in beliefs or skin color.

How about the German forces of World War I? They killed the Jewish over their religion.

Do you call that 'civilized'?
The Germans did that in WWII too.

The Germans did that in WWII too.
Wasn't sure on WWII.

Another thing that wasn't pretty.

Hannibal Lector.

And if you don't know who that is, you should be bricked.

Wasn't sure on WWII.
Another thing that wasn't pretty.

Hannibal Lector.

And if you don't know who that is, you should be bricked.
That was the entire reason for WWII. The Germans were invading Poland and surrounding countries, and later making the Jews leave, and they Jews they caught they tortured. It was the Holocaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back