Solitary/Recluse?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryEyedDreamer

Reaction score
I'm curious as to how many of you feel better when you are alone compared to around many people.

For me, I don't mind spending time with a few very close friends, but otherwise I like to be alone (except for talking to people online).

To be honest, I even find that spending too much time with a family member is tiring.

I guess I'm kind of like a cat. I like to be alone but I do enjoy company when I feel lonely or feel "recharged".

Does anyone find being out in really crowded places draining almost?

I don't believe for me that it is an anxiety type of deal...but I was an only child so maybe I'm used to entertaining me, myself, and I?

I don't know, perhaps this is a "strange" topic to post. I just really would like to know if there are others who feel the same.

Tell me your thoughts or experiences, please!

I'm an only child also, but I must say, I love spending time with a group of people, as long as I know them.

But like you, I always need time everyday for me just to sit down and relax, to "recharge", and at that time I usually talk to my online friends or just play video games. I think though I'd prefer to be alone sometimes rather than with a large group, even though I like being around people.

I don't have an extremely large group of friends as I'm not a very outgoing person, but with the friends that I have I'm pretty crazy. xD

I kind of prefer having a smaller group of friends that I can trust, because we never get into fights and can tell each other everything, rather than being worried about someone telling a secret of yours.

My family is actually really close, and I probably see my cousins about once a week, so I have to say I really love spending time with my family.

Like I already said though, I always need time to relax and just not have anything going on for a while, or else I'll be too wired up and unhappy. x.x

But I have to agree with you on the being drained out from a large crowd part. Sometimes I just have to go in my room if I'm at home with a lot of people because I get exhausted from so much going on. xP

It probably has to do with being an only child, since we never had brothers and sisters to constantly pester us, and we were easily occupied with little things.

That's just what I think. xD I really like this topic though, its a great idea to talk about!

THIS!

Ok, the way I'm going to do this post is first part me, second part my brother.

Me:

I like to stay at home, browse TT, watch TV, Tamas, crocheting, ect.

On a Saturday night, unless it's with my best friend, I like to stay at home.

School spirit? No, thanks.

Overall: I'd rather stay home than go out with friends.

Brother:

He likes to drive everywhere; he uses this house as a hotel- he sleeps and eats here.

On a Saturday night he often doesn't come home until Sunday.

He's vice president of USY at our synogague (it's a youth group); he's a... VERY enthusiastic senior at high school.

Overall: Staying at home is equal to punishment for him.

Don't worry; You're just introspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very solitary XD. I work at night so it's hard to hang out with my IRL friends. I make my own fun with knitting, netflix, tama's games etc.

I prefer to be alone. I work better by myself and I like doing things by myself. I don't like talking to people a lot, I'm very soliary. ...But in all honesty, I like the friends that I have made on Tama-Talk. One might even say, that they have grown on me and I love them as family, now. :)

...ok, no, don't say that last part, it's rather cheesy.. But, I guess whatever. ^U^

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah

I love being around family though, I must admit. I like travelling to see them, and talk to them. I'm a very family-ish girl

But I like to shut myself in my room and get busy by listening to music, decorating, reading or drawing.

Or go through baby photos :)

I enjoy being alone. Being with family is tiring, for me. Since they expect me to entertain them often. Why? I don't know. However, I love hanging out with my friends, since we're all so close. But I thoroughly enjoy being alone and just reading or listening to music, or even being online, for that matter. I do like texting people when I'm alone though, it gives that sense of company - without too much company. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back