Some more tamagotchi criticism

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickerTreat

Reaction score
This is less serious than the egg colors thing.

So one thing that always bothered me about the new tamagotchis (AKA Tamagotchi Connection/Plus/Not the originals from 1996) was the animations. Like when you turn to look at your tamagotchi and they're singing, or taking a bath, or brushing their teeth.

I like them. The animations themselves aren't a problem. The problem is that when you press a button, they disappear. Same goes with feeding. In the middle of the animation of your tamagotchi eating, you can press the back button and skip it.

That makes it feel like what it is; an animation. A screensaver for your tamagotchi. It doesn't feel like your tamagotchi is actually DOING it if you can simply press a button and it goes away. Feeding doesn't feel like feeding; it feels like filling up the heart container. It feels less real and more like some kind of statistics.

The option to skip the feeding animations was probably added for the same reason the option to pause your tamagotchi was added; convenience. I can understand that, but why should the cute animations of my tamagotchi brushing his teeth disappear because I want to check the time?

im okay with the pausing. in fact, once i got sick and the pausing saved my tama from certian doom.

but the animations stopping at the press of a button? no. i dont like it. my tamagotchi looks so cute singing!

if they make a v5, i hope that they ask fans about animation, games, etc.

The pausing is fine. Some might say it's "cheating" but it's actually very useful for me. Just the animations x_x

I hardly see the animations on my v3/v4 anymore.

It seems like the only animation I see is my Tama doing is brushing her teeth.

I really liked the random animations on my v1/v2. :[

Yeah, I agree. I loved the little occasional T.V. watching or just coming up and smiling. But I don't like how if you press a button it goes away. It would be like you going to brush your teeth, and suddenly you have to stop to check the time. Then you do it again. Rather annoying. I know the tamagotchi doesn't "feel" annoyed, but it's kind of annoying that it goes away. I like how when the tama is on pause, it's in a little pose :3 So cute.

♪~tk710

This is less serious than the egg colors thing.
So one thing that always bothered me about the new tamagotchis (AKA Tamagotchi Connection/Plus/Not the originals from 1996) was the animations. Like when you turn to look at your tamagotchi and they're singing, or taking a bath, or brushing their teeth.

I like them. The animations themselves aren't a problem. The problem is that when you press a button, they disappear. Same goes with feeding. In the middle of the animation of your tamagotchi eating, you can press the back button and skip it.

That makes it feel like what it is; an animation. A screensaver for your tamagotchi. It doesn't feel like your tamagotchi is actually DOING it if you can simply press a button and it goes away. Feeding doesn't feel like feeding; it feels like filling up the heart container. It feels less real and more like some kind of statistics.

The option to skip the feeding animations was probably added for the same reason the option to pause your tamagotchi was added; convenience. I can understand that, but why should the cute animations of my tamagotchi brushing his teeth disappear because I want to check the time?
Because, like you said convenience and options.

I know for one that if I wanted to play a game with my Tamagotchi or connect to Tama Town and it was too busy "brushing its teeth" and all the buttons were disabled until the Tamagotchi has finished I would become very inpatient and would end up just putting the tab back in.

When it comes down to it, the owners are in control and that is what Bandai allows by letting the owners skip the animations etc.

//Haze

Because, like you said convenience and options.I know for one that if I wanted to play a game with my Tamagotchi or connect to Tama Town and it was too busy "brushing its teeth" and all the buttons were disabled until the Tamagotchi has finished I would become very inpatient and would end up just putting the tab back in.

When it comes down to it, the owners are in control and that is what Bandai allows by letting the owners skip the animations etc.

//Haze
You misunderstood what I was saying. I don't think that the buttons should be disabled until the animation is over. I think you should be able to do things like check the time and cycle through the icons without it going away. If you go to feed it or play a game the animation goes away.

What I was reffering to about the buttons being disabled is during the feeding animation. That's the way it was on the original tamagotchi I believe. You watched it eat, not just skipped through the animation. But THAT I understand because it could get tedious. I just think that when you press ANY button on the tamagotchi during one of the random animations that it shouldn't go away.

Ah, okay. So you mean the animation should stay there whilst you browse through to check its hunger/happy hearts, check the time, friend list etc? Yes, that makes much more sense :)

Sorry for misunderstanding.

//Haze

It's okay :] I wasn't completely clear with my first post @_@ Bandai should let me work for them XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back