Some Osu-Mesu Help Please :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteLilChibiTama<3

Reaction score
Howdy There TamaTalkers :lol:

Okay well I have been contemplating what Tama I should run, as I have been running my TMGC+C, but have gotten bored with it (I like a change of pace :p ) So I decided I want to run my nice new shiny Osutchi :D

Well I only really have time to run 1 Gotchi, so I don't really want to run the Mesutchi aswell (as I am currently also running a Red V1 Digimon :p ).

So I have a few questions as follows

[SIZE=14pt] - Will I miss out on any features?[/SIZE]

- Does it have a "matchmaker" type feature?

- Am I going to have to reset it every time it reaches Adulthood?

- Do I have to run both to get future generations?

I really want to play with this Gotchi, but i don't want it to be a big disappointment or waste of my time if I am not running both.

So any help will be greatly appreciated, and if you have any other tips, feel free to let me know

As always - ChibiTama &lt;3

Well...as far as I know (I haven't played my osu-mesu for a while) you have to mate Osu with Mesu or else it will just stay an adult /oldie until it dies.

So no there is no matchmaker function.

~shawdy~ :lol:

Osu Mesu doesn't have the matchmaker feature. You have to physically link them at the top when they both reach adulthood in order to mate and produce progeny. It's kind of like the Digimon linking feature. You would have to run both Osu and Mesu. I would recommend doing so. In my experience, Osu Mesu are pretty low maintenance. Not sure about the "missing out on features" part, but you do have to keep in mind that these are vintage Tamagotchis, so of course they're not going to have all the games, characters, features, etc. that the new ones have, if that's what you mean. Osu Mesu does have a wide variety of characters, however, for a vintage Tamagotchi. They also have a cute little feature where their food changes every generation. There are a total of 4 generations. I think I may have given you this site before, but just in case: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tindex.htm has great info on the older Tamagotchis, especially the Osu Mesu section: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tmo.htm. The logs are pretty useful if you want to check out what they're like. There are also charts available. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Speaking of the TMGC+C, I'm running out of vintage Tamagotchis to collect :D and so I was eying this one next. I mean, why bother with the Connections when I could have this color one that also connects? I just wanted to know how it is in general. Thanks! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks guys :lol:

Yeah i will start up the mesutchi then :p Why not.

And i meant by the "missing out on features" would i miss out on certain characters (i now know that yes i would because i wouldn't be able to reach the next generations) :D So i will let you all know how they go :p . I have run the Osu-Mesu pair before, but not singularly :)

As for the Tamagotchi Color, I would definitely recommend this Tama. As I know you have experience with Japanese language Tamagotchis, the navigation is very very simple. It may not have a great variety of games, or characters, but it makes up for this with the beautiful screen, ergonomic shape, and [SIZE=14pt] TONS[/SIZE][/font] of different items. There's also some pretty cute features such as

- Visiting your friends at a park

- Going to the theater

- Going to an Amusement Park

- Tons of Shops

- Customizing your own house

- Seasonal Weather Changes

[SIZE=14pt]And Lots Lots More :p [/SIZE]

It is a great Tama. Even for someone into Vintage tamagotchis (they make up a majority of my collection too) there are tons of different features and hidden surprises to keep you entertained for a fair few generations. Theres also goals, like filling the happiness requirements, that give you a real sense of achievement. So i definately would go for it :p

Yeah, I've seen the videos on YouTube and it does seem like a great Tamagotchi. One of the biggest things that I like about the TMGC+C is that Tama Town is integrated into the Tamagotchi itself, like you indirectly mentioned. I didn't think much of having to go online all the time to Tama Town for the Connections, (which is primarily why I haven't really gotten into collecting Connections yet)...it's just my preference, and an extra hassle. I mean, I already spend WAY too much time online as it is. :lol: I'm not sure if I want to get 2 yet (they are a bit pricey, as you have mentioned before) but it's possible to still enjoy it solo, right? I'm assuming it's like the Connections in which it has a ton of generations and the matchmaker function?

You can definitely enjoy these Tamas SOLO. I got 2 purely to "test" the connection feature. These Tamas work great together, but also amazingly on their own. After a while i put one of the Color Tamas back into the box because i got enough enjoyment out of the one. And the matchmaker feature on the Color is quite special. You get to visit her in her little cottage, and then she shows you a suitable mate. The whole sequence is made much more cute or "special" if you will. There's also TONS of different animations for different thinks (the lightning storm is pretty amazing). So yes quite capable to raise many generations with different variations with just one tama :lol:

TamaMum Edit: closed at topic starters request

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back