Some Questions.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarainia Angelsong

Reaction score
So I bought a 168-1 Tamagotchi Connection, 4 buttons variation. My few questions are the following, what's the Difference between the version I own and the Original? Is the software the same or are there differences? Next up I can only pick like May, Joy, Bob, as in 3 letter names that's built in? Also why do everytime I hit reset that I have to always put the time in again, pick a pet, name it, and basically start over, shouldn't the Time at very least stay put? Why not it stay put then have a separate Reset for the time instead of what appears to be a "Global" reset to all of it lols. Additionally the screen stays on and on and on, and if I put the tab back in to attempt to save the battery, it's effectively the same as hitting the reset button... instead it should just autosave a file and autosave a backup, does seem a bit volatile the setup as if it's purely running strictly on RAM only. Anyways I did play with it a bit and got the lion "Joy" pet trained. Made like 500 Gold, but can't buy any Gifts despite spending 20 mins doing school and things. The tab is back in again which means it's effectively reset. I don't remember Tamagotchi's being on forever before as I owned one as a kid literally 25 years ago in school classes and it turned off then, also I don't even remember if I named a pet back then, I thought there was an egg back then to hatch but hey I could be completely dreaming. Or remembering things off... All I know is there is changes at least somewhat but can't precisely pinpoint them as this is 25 years later I'm getting back into it again.

Well, I hate to say it, but from the sounds of it u have gotten a fake tamagotchi. Real Tamagotchi only have 3 buttons, and don't have 100s of pets that u choose from on them. Instead, u start with a baby tama character, and they grow up and evolve into different characters. Also, naming the pet depends on the model of tama u have! The connection series let u choose a name up to 5 letters long, no presets, for example. Additionally, the time will stay after hitting the reset button, as will the pet u have in question. A real Tamagotchi connection does have the memory for these things, haha. Tho, like the actual tamagotchi connection, the screen does stay on all the time, so that's not unusual tbh. (Ur little tama just walks and wiggles around! It's cute.) And yes, tamagotchi do hatch from eggs, so ur memory is correct there!
Anyone is free to add to/correct me, but this is all from my experience running and collecting tamas!

Latest posts

Back