Something for my English Class.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~applemonkey

Reaction score
In my English class, we were supposed to write a narrative story, and I had a lot of fun writing mine. I'll post it so you can read it.

It is supposed to be really short, no more than a page and a half.

Cry in the Night

Laura took a deep breath and sprinted off into the dark forest. Her mind was filled with the stories she had heard earlier, about creatures that were thought to live in the forest, and the string of animals going missing around town. Other than that her mind was blank as she ran, the only thing she heard was the small thudding of her bare feet when they hit the ground. Laura had paused to catch her breath, when she heard the shrill cry of an animal. Her eyes widened as she ran to see what had truly happened. There, standing in front of her, was a tall dark haired boy. He was pale and looked tired. Laura probably did also, seeing that she was up this late. “Can I help you miss?” The boy’s polite voice brought her back to reality. She looked up at the boy, shaking her head. “Did you happen to hear a noise? It sounded like an animal…in pain.” She winced. The boy shook his head. “No, I heard nothing at all.” He looked at her. “Why are you out this late?” He asked her, suspicion heavy in his voice. “I needed to get outside. This is the only time I have for myself.” Laura replied. “May I ask why you are here?” He shrugged and looked away. “I live around here.”

The boy looked back down at her. “What is your name? You seem familiar.” Laura blinked and stared at the ground. Did he just ask me for my name? I wonder why. I just met him, did I not? Laura continued to let her mind wander, while the boy stared at her impatiently. “Did you forget your name?” He asked, slightly irritated. Oh, my name. “Laura.” When she replied, her tone was quiet. He thought for a moment. “No, I don’t think I know you. My name is Jack.” He replied. Laura nodded and looked away. Jack stepped away from her. Laura eyed him curiously. “I shouldn’t really be to close. I’m dangerous.” He said, fighting a smirk. Laura coughed to hide her laugh. “Dangerous?” Like I haven’t heard that one before. She thought to herself. Jack frowned and sighed quietly. “Mhmm.” He turned away from her. Laura stared at his back curiously. “I don’t think you could be dangerous.” Laura whispered. The next thing she knew, she was on the ground, Jack hovering dangerously close to her face. “Vampires are usually pretty dangerous.” He hissed quietly, exposing his sharp fangs. Laura fought back a scream as she watched him, her eyes wide with terror. Jack kneeled in towards her neck. “You interrupted my hunting session. I think I might have to settle for you tonight.” He murmured, lightly pressing his fangs to her neck. Laura gasped and closed her eyes, fearing what would happen next.

She waited for the pain, but it never came. Jack sighed and sat up, away from Laura. “Go home now. I don’t want to hurt you.” Laura couldn’t move; she was still too terrified. Jack looked over at her. “I’m sorry. You shouldn’t be out this late at night. You can get hurt.” Laura finally found her body and stood up, trembling. Jack stood up and placed a cool hand on Laura’s shoulder, causing her to close her eyes. The last thing she felt was cool wind on her face as she was being carried.

The next morning, Laura woke up clutching her pillow tightly. “It was just a dream right, It couldn’t be real.” She murmured. The thought of the night before caused her to shake lightly. She looked around. “Everything looks normal.” She murmured. Only one thing was out of place. Laura noticed a small red box on her lap, with her name printed in a neat handwriting. She opened the box with shaky fingers, having a clear idea of who it may have been from. Inside the box, was a small peace sign attached to a bracelet of silver. There was a note folded underneath the charm.

I’m sorry; can you forgive me for last night?

-Jack

Laura smiled at the note and stood up. She got dressed swiftly and was out the door. She ran to the forest, to go and meet the strange vampire boy once again.

Tell me what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Jack isn't. His name was Jasper before, I just like that name. Twilight was the inspiration for ths story.

*twitch*

Latest posts

Back