Something scary happened

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead_Mametchi

Reaction score
I had some kind of accident, disease or something?

I'm trying to lose weight. I'm now 6"1 tall and i am 18 pounds overweight according to my height. So I decided to start a Vegan diet.

It was OK - for the first five weeks. have lived on a diet consisting mainly of rice broth - water and rice boiled, with kelp seeped into it, tomatoes, kidney beans and chickpeas, and exercised two hours a day 7 hours a week in the steaming heat.

but after the fifth, i was feeling dizzy when I woke up, and it got worse later in the afternoon. Suddenly, whilst standing in my kitchen, i was freezing cold - in 33 celcius. I was trembling violently and my skin was pale - like snow, cold sweating. I couldn't stand on my feet so i sat down and reach for the phone and called a doctor - who instantly sent an ambulance to my place and took me to the local ICU posthaste.

They put me on IV drip and monitored my heart - i was "away" when i got to the hospital and they told me later my heart was beating 45 times a minute - when a healthy heart of a twenty-year-old should be 85-90 times.

The doctor concluded that i was suffering from dehydration, low blood pressure (duh), and overproduction something of white blood cells as a result of overwork and malnutrition. they said that it was normal for a 20 year old to want to loose excessive weight but that there were more responsible, not to mention sensible ways to do it. They had me on IV's for 12 hours and set me up with a shrink who checked me for anorexia symptoms. Anorexia? Can you believe that? :blink:

I know now that what i did was dangerous. In spite of my extra pounds am a healthy person with an average need for nutrition. It scared the hell outta me, maybe i could have died? Hope not :( I still keep walking, though! Power walks 2 hours, 4-5 times a week, but I eat meat now. My mom was furious when she found out about this!!!

Well, it seems to me that you probably excercised too much and wore yourself out. You were dehydrated? Well, of course. When you're excercising, especially when it's hot outside, you HAVE TO DRINK WATER to keep yourself hydrated.

It seems like that's why this happened to you. And maybe you didn't eat enough either.

Suddenly taking away a major part of your diet and then exercising more than you're used to probably did the trick.

While I was on vacation, I didn't realize it, but I went about seven to eight hours mostly in the sun, without food and much water. When we went to the ER to get Nicole's elbow examined [because her mom thought she hyperextended it, but needed to make sure] we were in the waiting room and about to leave when I passed out from lack of food and dehydration. For the next few days I was having food and water shoved on me by her parents. :p

It's good that you've changed your diet back, but are still exercising.

You should always drink water when you are exercise. There was this one time where I was exercising and I didn't drink anything. A couple minutes later I get real dizzy and fainted.

Also, when you exercise alot, you should be eating things that your body needs. Like protein, carbs, etc. When you went on the Vegan Diet, your body wasn't used to it because you were taking a lot of things out of your daily diet.

Anyway, good luck with loosing the weight!

At 20 years old, you should know better.

Take weight loss slowly. It takes time and real weight loss is a lifestyle change. You can't be suddenly making major dietary and exercise changes. I can't even begin to understand why people bother going vegan.

Then to lose weight, you need to eat. It sounds like your body was really confused along with your dehydration. :)

At only 18 lbs overweight, sure it's a good idea to think of some weight loss but don't make big changes to do it. Make a couple of changes at a time like cut out pop is a huge thing, that alone will get you to lose an average of 10 pounds in a year with no other changes. But who wants to completely cut stuff out, right?

Some times something as simple as keeping a food diary can really help you to just think about what you are eating. Then just moderate exercise. Please take it easy. :)

Next time you change your diet so quick, read the cookbooks. Take the advice. Try the ingredients and the staples. Though, more importantly, actually know the staples.

You HAVE to have a VERY VERY VERY balanced diet as a vegan--say, tightrope. If you fall off it, you're in trouble. you have to be very devoted and plan meals--no random ketchup on a plate with some vegan bread. Also, consult your doctor first, not after. Ya can't live on rice--there's got to be beans, corn, and all sorts of plant life to get all the antioxidants you need.

Just take it slow, and make sure you don't overdo it when you exercise. Eat the right foods, (not junk foods.) and slowly, but surely, you will lose weight.

You don't need to go vegan. Good luck. :mimitchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back