Spanking

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think violence is the answer to anything. Me and my brothers were never hit by our parents and we've all turned out fine ;w;. If behaviour ever gets truly out of hand I think something like therapy is a much more healthy option then being hit. Violence towards children does nothing but breed fear :( .

Nazotchi 25, I got hit myself at the age of 5 for being left-handed. I went to a parochial school for a year (my regular school was being renovated), and the Sister hit my hand with the metal straight-edge of a ruler. I had to learn to write right-handed because of this. The Sister was severely punished for this wrongdoing, as I wasn't the only student she did this with. (She was fired, I guess). So yeah, kids that were born even in the 50s( as I was) and 60s were still abused this way. However, now I'm ambidextrous.

Lol I got spanked a few times and I never considered it a big deal or something odd. But that only happened if I did something really, really, really bad.
So neyope, I don't think it's a bad thing if it happens really rarely, just in very bad cases. In most cases simple punishments (no Internet, no TV, no sweets, going to bed early, etc.) are enough.

My sister and I were spanked often as children for disobeying our parents willfully - it was more of a fear thing than actual pain, my dad never took it too far. Spanking itself doesn't necessarily need to be abuse, it can be an effective punishment as well as others, but I think it's got such a high potential for abuse. It teaches children that when they do wrong, they can expect to feel physical pain, and I just think that's problematic as heck, and no better than being hit anywhere else, verbally/emotionally abused, etc. If I ever have children, I don't ever want to have to spank them.

I personally wouldn't spank my children if I ever had any~ Nor would I take their toys away from them because that can seem mean-spirited to them also :( Maybe mild punishments like being sent to bed early are best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back