speeches

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just practice a lot. Is it in front of your school? Well, if it's in front of your school, then don't worry. It isn't a speech to the Queen of England and if you don't do something right she'll put you in the dungeons. :furawatchi:

If you'll still nervous, talk to your parents or any teachers or maybe even the principal for speech preparation. :mellow:

Say tongue twisters before you get up there, or Pm Liz! for advice. Tell her I sent you xD

She just read her poem infront of all of Sydney Austrailia.

Speaking in public really isn't that hard, once you get up there, you just kind of... talk. Thats it.

Tips:

1) Practice the speech a lot of times

2) If you are not reading the speech, but memorizing it, make little note cards with the most important deets so that you can study them

3) Get a good night's sleep the night before

4) Have a healthy breakfast the day of the speech

5) Don't be too nervous, I mean, it's not like their gonna just start laughing at you or anything. I promise you that even if you slip up, no one will laugh :angry:

6) You could imagine them in their underwear :( lol

7) Don't be intimidated! Think about how you're brave enough to go in front of all of those people. Think like you rule the audience! :angry:

Good luck :angry:

Chatterbox

Just practice the speech loads of times like in front of cuddly toys LOL :D .and it doesn't matter if people laugh at you,because you said what you have to say! ;)Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it is simple, but I know many people get stage fright, so All I suggest is practice. Practice, practice, Practice. Once you think you've got it down, its really no problem. don't just do it in your head, though, because things in your head do not come out in words the way you want them to.

I have the same problem. Every month I have to do a play and i always end up as the main part, so I can be nervous. But All you should do is focus on something or someone in the audience who relaxes you like a friend. It helps me by far.

i had to do a speach at the begin of the year

well i was shaking is there other people if so ask to go first (i went last so i was really scared)

also dont look at them look at a wall or somthing get a small piece of sponge or somthing like that and squees it

hope i help

good luck

~ww~

I had to do a speech infront of the lord mayor and the lady mayoress and some other important people and I was so scared!!

Practise and practise until you've got the whole speech word perfect. Imagine your doing the speech in to your sibblings instead of your school that way you will feel less nervous. Dont look at certain pupils as they will put you off and make you loose your concentration. Try staring at the end of the hall focussing you attention on one thing. One really important thing is to get lots of sleep the day before so you are nice and fresh and you dont fall asleep or loose your concentration.

Use palm-cards.

Read the palm card quickly then say it out loud.

Rinse and repeat until speech is finished.

That's what I did when I had to do a speech for my Hums class.

And the teacher gave me an Excelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back