Speed Stacking

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichigotchi_Piggy

Reaction score
Speed stacking is a sport to do with cups. You stack them. (And you may not think stacking cups is a sport, but it IS a sport.) See www.speedstacks.com or www.worldsportstackingassociation.org for more information about these wonderful cups. Click here to see what a speed stacking cup looks like.

Here is some information about how the sport was discovered (the next five paragraphs were copied and pasted from https://www.speedstacks.com/company/history.htm)...

Sport stacking originated in the early 1980's in southern California and received national attention in 1990 on a segment of the "Tonight Show", with Johnny Carson. That was where it first captured the imagination of Bob Fox, who was then an elementary classroom teacher in Colorado.

Bob Fox says, "When I first became passionate about sport stacking in 1995, a lot of people would hear about it and scratch their heads. Stacking a sport? The only way to explain it was to show them firsthand — sport stacking is truly something you have to see to believe! I absolutely love the challenge of turning skeptics into believers, and the list of stacking enthusiasts grows every day."

Bob is passionate about the sport of sport stacking. He is a former classroom and Physical Education teacher.

"I’m excited about sport stacking, because it helps promote hand-eye coordination, ambidexterity, quickness and concentration -- skills needed to excel in most any sport. When students are stacking, they’re using both sides of their bodies and brains to develop skills where using both your left and right hands is important."

Speed Stacks spreads nationally.

In 1998, Bob was asked to present sport stacking to Texas. After a tremendous response Speed Stacks, Inc. was born as a small home business designed to promote sport stacking and be a resource to physical education teachers. And the sport continued to grow.

Sounds interesting, hey? See the link below...

Steven Purugganan, stacking.

The guy up there is stacking cups, really fast. He's the current world champion of the speed stacking "cycle" which he's doing in the video. (Of course, I'm talking about Steven Purugganan.)

I was wondering...are there any other TamaTalkers who are speed stacking fans like me, or who have heard of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
...Yeah. I guess he tinkered with the timer (?).

On the official speed stacking website they showed him with his world record...except it was 6.21, not 5.90. (I find it kind of funny how he says "oh! Yes! Yes! Oh...yes...yeeess..." he kind of...pants.)

That sport looks cool! It must excersise your hands loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back