Stalked in my sleep!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey Hepburn

Reaction score
Last night, I had fallen asleep at about 2a.m., and I was only asleep for about an hour when I was woken up by something. I just laid there for a minute, didn't hear anything and fell back asleep.

I was woken up again about 5 or so minutes later, and I heard a strange sound coming from the floor down by my feet. I was still half-asleep and very groggy, so I just listened to the noise for a bit(I felt like I was dreaming, so it took me a bit to get into reality lol). It sounded like a bag of potato chips crunching!

Soo...I sat up slowly, thinking it was probably a mouse trying to get into the bag of chips that I had left on the floor before I went to sleep. I looked at the bag, and I saw a brown-looking figure attempting to climb up the bag. BUT...when it saw me, it didn't run away like mice always do, so I had to look closer. As I looked at it, I saw that it was MUCH bigger than a mouse when I could see it's entire body!

When I saw what it was I couldn't believe it. It was one of my 3 pet Tiger Salamanders attempting to crawl up the chip bag!! :ph34r: :) I picked him up and carried him back to his tank, and I was in disbelief about what had just happened in the middle of the night. :gozarutchi: He had managed to crawl out of a small hole in the side of his tank that I hadn't yet patched because I purchased them in their fully-aquatic phase and this guy turned terrestrial over just a few days' time. I've never seen it happen that fast, so I hadn't expected him to be able to crawl on land so soon. Now I'm much more careful! :furawatchi:

What is so wierd is that he not only had to climb out of his tank, and crawl through 3 different rooms to get to where I was sleeping(past my cat who was in the same room as me and was awake at the time), but he ended up crawling on the one item(bag of chips) that would've made enough sound to wake me up so I could rescue him. :blink: A very strange coincidence for sure!

I've been telling my family about this today because it was so strange, and I thought I'd post it here for you guys as well. :nazotchi:

Wow! It is really shocking to hear your pet salamander in your sleep!

Very interesting to discover how smart the animals are these (modern) days :)

Heck, I probably would've thought there was a burglar! Well, at least thats what I thought at first ;)

Wait a second! How did your pet manage to escape the tank?

-> Shame! <-

Salamanders are much tougher than mice ^_^

Oh wow if that happened to me, I would probably have to get someone to restart my heart lol! I am pretty jumpy and the slightest noise will lurch my stomach, especially when I am babysitting or alone. I wouldn't be alive to tell the tale if that happened to me! :)

You had me thinking someone broke in! *lets breathe out and wipes sweat from forehead* That is kinda starnge, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back